Texas tech game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

WyoSapper wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:59 pm What I find most fascinating is that all those sunshine pumping, friendly, “Texas charm” folks are nowhere to be seen. I was impressed with how nice the Tech fans were that I visited with prior to the game. But now? Crickets. If you go to their boards….which I should t have, you are overwhelmed by the sense of entitlement and incredulity that Wyoming even had a chance. I almost want to lump any fan from Texas as a close second to BYU in their obnoxious superiority complex.
Oh come on. All the Tech folks that traveled to the game that I encountered (and there were a bunch) were all courteous. They thought their team would come in and run over us (so what…a lot of the posters on this board predicted the same). They were shell shocked but they certainly weren’t a$$holes.

With the massive amounts of money they pump into their program and through NIL (and we are talking massive NIL amounts), they should be able to beat us. But you know what, we have a tough team full of guys that don’t give a crap of what should be and they went out and played their hearts out. Say what you want about Bohl, but no Bohl team at Wyoming has ever quit.

Long story short - Tech has a good fanbase. Do they have unrealistic expectations? yes. Do they waste a bunch of money through NIL? Yes. Are they comparable to BYU? Not in the slightest.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:12 pm
WyoSapper wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:59 pm What I find most fascinating is that all those sunshine pumping, friendly, “Texas charm” folks are nowhere to be seen. I was impressed with how nice the Tech fans were that I visited with prior to the game. But now? Crickets. If you go to their boards….which I should t have, you are overwhelmed by the sense of entitlement and incredulity that Wyoming even had a chance. I almost want to lump any fan from Texas as a close second to BYU in their obnoxious superiority complex.
Oh come on. All the Tech folks that traveled to the game that I encountered (and there were a bunch) were all courteous. They thought their team would come in and run over us (so what…a lot of the posters on this board predicted the same). They were shell shocked but they certainly weren’t a$$holes.

With the massive amounts of money they pump into their program and through NIL (and we are talking massive NIL amounts), they should be able to beat us. But you know what, we have a tough team full of guys that don’t give a crap of what should be and they went out and played their hearts out. Say what you want about Bohl, but no Bohl team at Wyoming has ever quit.

Long story short - Tech has a good fanbase. Do they have unrealistic expectations? yes. Do they waste a bunch of money through NIL? Yes. Are they comparable to BYU? Not in the slightest.
This was my experience as well. The ones I en countered after the game were very complimentary , disappointed, but weren’t anything like BYU or ewe fans.
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

Yes--all the TT fans that I spoke with after the game were very complimentary of the team, the QB and impressed by the facilities that Wyoming had!,
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Yea, that's a horrendous take. I've interacted with dozens of TTU fans over the last few weeks...and only encountered one, maybe two obnoxious sh**s...which every fanbase (including our own) has.

I was also in the game/postgame threads on Reddit...and while there were one or two guys constantly whining about the refs or this, that, and the other thing, every other Tech fan absolutely piled on them immediately.

Comparing them to BYU fans isn't even worthy of the words "mental gymnastics".

The only thing I'm pissed about is the fact that they bought out all the damned extra large tortillas from Wal Mart just to throw them at the game :rofl:

(Seriously, the entire shelf was empty yesterday morning when I went grocery shopping, lmao.)
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Nebraska fans are the same way. Nice until it doesn’t go their way. Most fans are that way I imagine
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I was at the game and talked to several Texas Tech fans. They were all really nice, and one even said before the game they weren't going in expecting any big win. I had exactly one, a drunk 20-something, walk up to me and say "You know what we say at Texas Tech? WRECK EM!!!" And I said, "Rectum?"

Other than that they couldn't have been more pleasant. One after the game congratulated me and said to enjoy the well-deserved win.

Man, what a game. My heart cannot take that crap. Thank God I had 10 Coors Lights.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

I am happy to eat crow. I did not believe in Peasley - I was wrong. I did not think Bohl and Polasek could coach the offense to a victory - I was wrong. I still think that the WR corps is mostly feckless and that Grant needs to go. Thank God for tight ends and Coach Moore.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Yea, as happy as I am about the win, there's still issues with the offense that can't be explained away by injuries.

And by "problems", I mean Mike Grant.

How in the world he got promoted to actually being passing game coordinator after being in charge of the worst unit on the field for years is beyond me. Then we wonder why the passing game is one of the nation's worst every year...
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:59 pm I think it’s fair to say the D is pretty good. Shaky start and got kind of blitzkrieged but then really locked it down.
The D is damn good. TTU will score a boatload of points this year. Wyoming's defense slowed them down which you will not see happen too often this year.

PS Peasley has major stones! He is not great as a passer and sometimes seems to telegraph who his intended target is, but he has earned his job and my respect.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

LOL Wyoming Fans. There are assholes in every crowd, including the Texas Tech crowd. I encountered 2, but hey, I am not the "rah-rah glad to just be here" kind of fan. I want wins, I want championships, and I want WYO to beat the hell out of everyone. I cheer, I yell, I voice my pleasure and displeasure.

After the targeting call (no-call) I voiced my displeasure with "that is targeting, the kid should be tossed out of the damn game!" and a fatassed BO Bubba from Tech decided to turn around and say - and I quote for all you nice rah rah fans, "that wasn't targeting, you don't have a clue" followed up by "you Wyoming people don't know good football". His fat ass and his group left to never return at halftime. Good riddance Bubba.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:30 pm LOL Wyoming Fans. There are assholes in every crowd, including the Texas Tech crowd. I encountered 2, but hey, I am not the "rah-rah glad to just be here" kind of fan. I want wins, I want championships, and I want WYO to beat the hell out of everyone. I cheer, I yell, I voice my pleasure and displeasure.

After the targeting call (no-call) I voiced my displeasure with "that is targeting, the kid should be tossed out of the damn game!" and a fatassed BO Bubba from Tech decided to turn around and say - and I quote for all you nice rah rah fans, "that wasn't targeting, you don't have a clue" followed up by "you Wyoming people don't know good football". His fat ass and his group left to never return at halftime. Good riddance Bubba.
Most TTU fans I came across were fantastic. My only bad experience was the very drunk TTU female fan in our section that cheered the targeting and taunted us after it was overturned. When I rained down hell on her for her poor sportsmanship, she turned and flipped me off. From then on out, she was in my sights and I let her have it. She kept giving me the stink eye and trying to rally some Pokes fans around her against me - pointing and complaining about how rude I was. Other than my wife, who never appreciates my yelling, she got a cold shoulder and ended up in the concourse in a drunken stupor for most of the second half. My wife got over it when the WYO fan that sits between us said, "I about lost it when that woman cheered them trying to take Peasley's head off and then had the audacity to turn around and flip you off. What was that?"
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

There were four TT fans that stood up a lot during the game (there was no one standing in front of them so it's not like they had to stand) and they refused to sit even though we asked politely, as a result my sister who was holding her sleeping child couldn't see. Not very classy if you ask me.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:21 pm There were four TT fans that stood up a lot during the game (there was no one standing in front of them so it's not like they had to stand) and they refused to sit even though we asked politely, as a result my sister who was holding her sleeping child couldn't see. Not very classy if you ask me.
It's a football game not an orchestra performance! I agree that it unfortunate for your sister (maybe she could have switched seats with someone). But the 'sit down' comments is EXACLTLY why I refuse to sit on the West side of the stadium. I am going to go to the game, cheer loudly and stand up and get loud when called for. I am going to enjoy myself. We don't need sit down Karens to ruin the excitement.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

BTW - the most obnoxious 'fans' in my section were...drunk Cowboys fans of a group of 10 dudes and 2 females or so. They didn't seem to know anything about football and were constantly screaming crap like "send their QB out on a stretcher," "the ref beats his wife..." But what annoyed me the most was that they constantly were screaming at the top of their lungs (and requesting everyone else join them) "let's go Cowboys"...when we were on offense and just about to snap the ball...
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 12 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:40 pm BTW - the most obnoxious 'fans' in my section were...drunk Cowboys fans of a group of 10 dudes and 2 females or so. They didn't seem to know anything about football and were constantly screaming crap like "send their QB out on a stretcher," "the ref beats his wife..." But what annoyed me the most was that they constantly were screaming at the top of their lungs (and requesting everyone else join them) "let's go Cowboys"...when we were on offense and just about to snap the ball...
Now if it was cold and snowing, I'd call them "real" fans. :rofl:

Otherwise, sounds like a bunch of jackasses who had no clue.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:00 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:40 pm BTW - the most obnoxious 'fans' in my section were...drunk Cowboys fans of a group of 10 dudes and 2 females or so. They didn't seem to know anything about football and were constantly screaming crap like "send their QB out on a stretcher," "the ref beats his wife..." But what annoyed me the most was that they constantly were screaming at the top of their lungs (and requesting everyone else join them) "let's go Cowboys"...when we were on offense and just about to snap the ball...
Now if it was cold and snowing, I'd call them "real" fans. :rofl:

Otherwise, sounds like a bunch of jackasses who had no clue.
Probably should have just thrown out "I remember my first drunk Wyoming Game"... :rofl:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
nwpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

I do remember my 1st drunk wyo game. FOCO, Ken Fantteti and the team captains got jumped by the entire ram team at the coin flip. Fantteti invented a new rodeo event: sheep tossing. 15 yard penalty on csu before the game started.

Things got a little weird after that.