Conference musical chairs

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

307bball wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:28 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:03 am
depends on how you think about it. Does UW own all of Wyoming? imo yes. Does CSU own anything, but Fort collins proper and maybe part of Loveland? imo this is true. UNC owns Greeley and CU owns the rest of Colorado. What is the population of the fort collins area? Bigger than all of Wyoming? I don't think it is quite yet
That may be....I doubt that the territorial breakdown of colorado is very fixed though...People will gravitate towards whomever is good. That even holds true for Wyoming....fair chunks if SE Wyoming are pretty partial to the huskers over the Cowboys and an embarrassing amount of SW Wyoming and the northern Big Horn Basin are BYU supporters.

...I think the counter-argument that a marketing person would make is that if Wyoming and CSU both go on a competitive upswing, CSU gets way higher than Wyoming just simply because of population. That is literally the only thing that they have....potential numbers. I think there are plenty of people that care about CSU but they have given them exactly zero to be excited about for a very long time.
The byu thing is not a regional thing, it’s a religious thing. All the momos in every state do it.
W-Y, Until I Die!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:36 am
307bball wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:28 pm

That may be....I doubt that the territorial breakdown of colorado is very fixed though...People will gravitate towards whomever is good. That even holds true for Wyoming....fair chunks if SE Wyoming are pretty partial to the huskers over the Cowboys and an embarrassing amount of SW Wyoming and the northern Big Horn Basin are BYU supporters.

...I think the counter-argument that a marketing person would make is that if Wyoming and CSU both go on a competitive upswing, CSU gets way higher than Wyoming just simply because of population. That is literally the only thing that they have....potential numbers. I think there are plenty of people that care about CSU but they have given them exactly zero to be excited about for a very long time.
The byu thing is not a regional thing, it’s a religious thing. All the momos in every state do it.
Yup.... Having lived in those areas... Definitely get that.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

307bball wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:52 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:36 am

Plenty of LDS members are not BYU fans and absolutely hate BYU sports.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 62 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:30 pm
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:20 pm

Eh...every fanbase has its weird little echo chambers with dogsh** takes. Message boards sometimes tend to be insular and have that happen, although still nowhere near as bad as Facebook/Twitter.

The CSU fans on the CFB Reddit haven't been like that at all regarding realignment. Though in general a handful of specific individuals are supremely annoying (and they're generally one of the more hated fanbases over there), none of them have had any delusions on this specific topic.

I know it's fun to seek out the braindead stuff on rival team messageboards, but keep in mind we've had our share on nonsense on this board too. All boards have.
Eh, I’m gonna continue to read what I read on their board, and continue to think they are arrogant. And I’ll continue to totally dislike their lack of loyalty. They would destroy this conference if they could. Eh, I’ll continue to really, reALLY dislike them for it.
irrational college sports hate is part of what makes it great....

If you think that rooting for a certain team is some indication of moral failing though....well you and I probably disagree on a great many things.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:29 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:52 pm
Plenty of LDS members are not BYU fans and absolutely hate BYU sports.
And they are the GOOD Mormons.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

307bball wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:09 pm

Eh, I’m gonna continue to read what I read on their board, and continue to think they are arrogant. And I’ll continue to totally dislike their lack of loyalty. They would destroy this conference if they could. Eh, I’ll continue to really, reALLY dislike them for it.

If you think that rooting for a certain team is some indication of moral failing though....well you and I probably disagree on a great many things.
I'm happy to see you embrace the irrational, 307!
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:06 am
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:31 am I think all MWC schools are staying put, even in the long run. The conference itself is fairly stable.
Just because I saw the signature. Tierney and the team are looking really good so far this year! I think the new coach (and staff) is really instilling happiness and confidence in the players on the court.
Thanks! They are on fire at 6-0. I hope they keep up the hot start and I agree with your points.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

307bball wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:09 pm

It’s irrational to dislike someone who would stab you in the back if they had the chance. Okay, lol! Go with that.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand

I don't know that Oregon State and Washington State have completely ruled out joining the MWC?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:27 pm I don't know that Oregon State and Washington State have completely ruled out joining the MWC?
They really have no choice but join. Independence is complete suicide unless you're Notre Dame.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:57 pm
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:27 pm I don't know that Oregon State and Washington State have completely ruled out joining the MWC?
They really have no choice but join. Independence is complete suicide unless you're Notre Dame.
That is a good point. We live in a world where football is king. Unfortunately, neither offer a ton in the football dept, that is probably why the ACC did not offer them.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:16 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:09 am Without knowing how pac12 revenue and assets will be managed, it's impossible to know what will happen.
PAC12 liabilities…unless something changes, assuming that debt would be insane.
It's complicated..
https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/2023 ... utType=amp

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2023/ ... -and-oreg/
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

The PAC-2 scenario is kind of insane, but the money may just make it happen.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... FrhpFHfp-A

Anyone at this point claiming they know what will happen is full of $ h!t
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Lost Poke wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:08 am The PAC-2 scenario is kind of insane, but the money may just make it happen.
https://brobible.com/sports/article/col ... in-pac-12/

Man, it is crazy. The Olympic sports are a challenge. 1 of the 2 would be guaranteed a spot in the dance. I have no idea how nationals work for non-revenue sports. Do they automatically get a lot of track kids to nationals, for example? Mind boggling to think about.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:29 pm
Lost Poke wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:08 am The PAC-2 scenario is kind of insane, but the money may just make it happen.
https://brobible.com/sports/article/col ... in-pac-12/

Man, it is crazy. The Olympic sports are a challenge. 1 of the 2 would be guaranteed a spot in the dance. I have no idea how nationals work for non-revenue sports. Do they automatically get a lot of track kids to nationals, for example? Mind boggling to think about.
I believe track nationals is based on performance at regionals, not conference championships. So they would still have to perform well at the regional championship to go to nationals.

Swimming is all based on times, conferences don't matter.

Soccer and volleyball would get auto bids i think

But as you said, it would be lucrative in FB and BB.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:44 pm https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... FrhpFHfp-A

Anyone at this point claiming they know what will happen is full of $ h!t
Follow the spreadsheet packing MBA's. Whatever fills E$PN's pockets full of cash. That is what will happen. I hope the whole thing doesn't eat itself from the inside and collapse over the ridiculous amount of money available in college sports.

It has nearly ruined the sport. The NFL has a more fair revenue distribution and capital allocation rules than college now. I used to love college because it was amateur. Now its the wild west with networks shooting cash at anyone they want.

Wyoming athletics need to get off their ass and start advertising the Pokes as a national fanbase and not geographically bound to Laramie or the Wyoming borders. Many of our grad's escape the square border to find work in their field of studies.

We sell it as people driving from Evanston, Jackson, Cody, Gillette, and Cheyenne through 3 ft of snow on game day to fill a stadium that is what - the 4th largest city in Wyo now? They need to add DIA and Laramie airport to that list and start saying "our fan's come in from every damn corner of the USA and sometimes Mexico"

"Our fan's regularly fly in by the thousands to DIA, drive two hours on the I25 deconstruction project risking life and limb in blizzards and travel uphill both ways just to see the Pokes play in person. "

Maybe that would get some attention in terms of TV market.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:10 pm https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... mmissioner

It's going to take awhile.
They trying to seize all the pac current and future assets
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... 1694883486

A bit more complicated than message boards? You don't say... :roll: