I'd like to see MWC

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

talk to the other G5 conferences and start a 4 team tournament at the end of the season instead of sending teams to lame bowls. Top 4 G5 conference winners (if not invited to NC tournament) duke it out for an NIT type championship. Or you could do 4 G5's and first 4 out P5 teams . I'd watch the hell out of that.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I think Chip Kelly's prediction/idea will come to pass.

65 (or whatever) in p5 division for football only. Likely some sort of divisions within that. Money share among those.

65 (or whatever) in new g5 division for football only. Probably becomes similar to current fcs. Probably not a lot of money to worry about but also some sort of share system among the collective.

Then, regional conferences for all other sports (obviously size, budget, sports offered, etc. comes into play). Individual conference tv and keep current ncaa revenue system.

This solves pretty much everything.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Sublette_Poke
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:38 pm talk to the other G5 conferences and start a 4 team tournament at the end of the season instead of sending teams to lame bowls. Top 4 G5 conference winners (if not invited to NC tournament) duke it out for an NIT type championship. Or you could do 4 G5's and first 4 out P5 teams . I'd watch the hell out of that.
But how will Duke's Mayo put on a mayo shower for the winning coach?!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:38 pm talk to the other G5 conferences and start a 4 team tournament at the end of the season instead of sending teams to lame bowls. Top 4 G5 conference winners (if not invited to NC tournament) duke it out for an NIT type championship. Or you could do 4 G5's and first 4 out P5 teams . I'd watch the hell out of that.
I like your idea. Realistically this could probably happen.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:12 am
I like your idea. Realistically this could probably happen.
What I would like is a FCS type playoff of the G5 teams. Realistically there is too much money and ego involved in the current bowl system for that to ever happen.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

I think the overall interest and viewership for this type of thing would be much much lower than we would all like to admit.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Poke in New England wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:48 am I think the overall interest and viewership for this type of thing would be much much lower than we would all like to admit.
There would be interest from the particular school’s fanbases and that’s probably it. As I understand, the FCS and Division 2 playoff models actually lose money.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:29 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:48 am I think the overall interest and viewership for this type of thing would be much much lower than we would all like to admit.
There would be interest from the particular school’s fanbases and that’s probably it. As I understand, the FCS and Division 2 playoff models actually lose money.
So, probably not as bad as the bowl games? I'd think a couple of top g5 teams and low to mid p5 playing for something would be better than our current slate of bowl games. I can't imagine the Chicken Tender bowl gets tons of views. Wonder how many watched our Barstool bowl
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:18 am

So, probably not as bad as the bowl games? I'd think a couple of top g5 teams and low to mid p5 playing for something would be better than our current slate of bowl games. I can't imagine the Chicken Tender bowl gets tons of views. Wonder how many watched our Barstool bowl
Speaking for me personally - I'd rather not have home games in December in Laramie. A G5 playoffs doesn't make any sense for neutral site games because there would likely never be a big enough audience for the multiple games to make it feasible. The Barstool Bowl probably didn't kill any ratings; but at least it was an enticing game to travel to and attend due to location. The Potato Bowl should go away however.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:18 am

The Birmingham Bowl (ECU vs Coastal Carolina) was the most watched G5 vs G5 bowl game last year - with 2.62 million viewers. For reference, the 50th most watched NON-NFL sporting event last year had 10 million viewers.

The Tulane vs USC Cotton Bowl (biggest bowl game with a G5 team) had just over 4 million viewers, less than half of any of the other NY6 bowls.

Of course the Arizona bowl we don't have any Nielsen ratings for since it was not on television.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

This concept is coming up so much, it almost seems inevitable because it makes sense. https://awfulannouncing.com/college-foo ... ement.html

Buckle up.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:44 pm This concept is coming up so much, it almost seems inevitable because it makes sense. https://awfulannouncing.com/college-foo ... ement.html

Buckle up.
Like it or not, big time college football is becoming the minor leagues of the NFL. There will still be football played outside of the bigs but we are looking at several tiers of competition with Wyoming most likely in the third tier if we are not there already.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

The Birmingham Bowl (ECU vs Coastal Carolina) was the most watched G5 vs G5 bowl game last year - with 2.62 million viewers. For reference, the 50th most watched NON-NFL sporting event last year had 10 million viewers.

The Tulane vs USC Cotton Bowl (biggest bowl game with a G5 team) had just over 4 million viewers, less than half of any of the other NY6 bowls.

Of course the Arizona bowl we don't have any Nielsen ratings for since it was not on television.
[/quote]

" According to data provided to Front Office Sports (FOS), Ohio Bobcats’ win over the Wyoming Cowboys on 30th December brought in one million views in total. This includes 500,000 unique viewers, with the broadcast gaining a maximum of 130,000 concurrent viewers on Barstool’s website, app and social media channels, the FOS report said. "
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

cowboyz wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:48 pm The Birmingham Bowl (ECU vs Coastal Carolina) was the most watched G5 vs G5 bowl game last year - with 2.62 million viewers. For reference, the 50th most watched NON-NFL sporting event last year had 10 million viewers.

" According to data provided to Front Office Sports (FOS), Ohio Bobcats’ win over the Wyoming Cowboys on 30th December brought in one million views in total. This includes 500,000 unique viewers, with the broadcast gaining a maximum of 130,000 concurrent viewers on Barstool’s website, app and social media channels, the FOS report said. "
[/quote]

Yeah, none of this s.h.i.t matters. Our market sucks no matter what the fanboys say.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:25 pm
cowboyz wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:48 pm The Birmingham Bowl (ECU vs Coastal Carolina) was the most watched G5 vs G5 bowl game last year - with 2.62 million viewers. For reference, the 50th most watched NON-NFL sporting event last year had 10 million viewers.

Yeah, none of this s.h.i.t matters. Our market sucks no matter what the fanboys say.
[/quote]
That's what I was pointing out, these numbers suck. While they are accurate, as compared to Nielsen's, which are just guesses, they are too low.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

Here's a couple of sites that helped me put viewership in context.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/colleg ... v-ratings/

CSU was a big surprise at #64, until I saw that 325K of their average viewership came from the Michigan game.