This rumor REALLY concerns me

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

'Cos I could honestly see Wyoming getting royally screwed in the ass!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Getting really bad vibes... I'm just so conditioned for this to go badly for us.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

307bball wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:19 pm Getting really bad vibes... I'm just so conditioned for this to go badly for us.
Starting to feel the same way.

To quote my favorite line from the Star Wars franchise, "I got a bad feeling about this."
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Using a ‘merger’ to kick members out of the conference would be a really risky strategy exposing the partner universities to a whole host of legal claims. Breach of fiduciary duty being front and center.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

We're definitely bottom 3 or 4. The "trouble bubble"...
Wyo
NV
Sjsu
Usu
Unm
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:55 am We're definitely bottom 3 or 4. The "trouble bubble"...
Wyo
NV
Sjsu
Usu
Unm
So long as this group sticks together, the exit fees stay in place and and it becomes untenable for the rest to leave the conference and form a new conference
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:11 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:55 am We're definitely bottom 3 or 4. The "trouble bubble"...
Wyo
NV
Sjsu
Usu
Unm
So long as this group sticks together, the exit fees stay in place and and it becomes untenable for the rest to leave the conference and form a new conference
Those little backstabbing sob's in Utah will kill the mwc at a drop of the hat.

Sjsu may have california politics in play.

Really any of those will kill the mwc for 10 mill tv contract. 9 mwc teams + smu + pac 4 is possible
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

This scenario is exactly what I feared. There were a lot of WYO fans spiking the football on Friday/Saturday. This thing is still totally up in the air for us.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Did you all actually read the article? Sounds pretty bright to me. The MW holds all the cards IMO other than the P5 moniker. Isn't the PAC in a ton of debt too? If they dissolved, wouldn't the debt go away? There's no way Stanford joins a MW/PAC merger. Cal maybe. The exit fees saved the MW. There's also not enough votes to screw the other members of the conference. It'd be nice to know that CSU had our back and would stick with us, but I don't think that's true. Even author of this article says the logical move is to join the MW and renegotiate a tv contract. I feel ok and slightly positive
W-Y, Until I Die!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Sounds like the ACC is considering adding Stanford and Cal.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:46 am
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:11 am

Those little backstabbing sob's in Utah will kill the mwc at a drop of the hat.

Sjsu may have california politics in play.

Really any of those will kill the mwc for 10 mill tv contract. 9 mwc teams + smu + pac 4 is possible
I doubt the ewes at goat U will do us any favors either. The only way they can get away from getting beat by the lowly pokes. Arrogant bast- - -ds
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Well, like Elon said, the most ironic outcome is the most likely. So what would the most ironic outcome be in this situation? A repeat of the WAC expansion to 16 teams?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:38 pm Sounds like the ACC is considering adding Stanford and Cal.
ESPN is reporting the same. This is the first good news to come out for the Pokes in all of this. Just those teams flirting with the ACC (I don’t think it is viable) demonstrates that the PAC will have no stability. That should be enough to lower any media dollars because the risk that a media company would have to assume and which should also give second thoughts to any MWC team looking to jump ship.

However, if Oregon State and Washington State can convince Cal or Stanford otherwise and can come up with some model to facilitate Cal and Stanford, Wyoming is in real trouble.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:01 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:38 pm Sounds like the ACC is considering adding Stanford and Cal.
ESPN is reporting the same. This is the first good news to come out for the Pokes in all of this. Just those teams flirting with the ACC (I don’t think it is viable) demonstrates that the PAC will have no stability. That should be enough to lower any media dollars because the risk that a media company would have to assume and which should also give second thoughts to any MWC team looking to jump ship.

However, if Oregon State and Washington State can convince Cal or Stanford otherwise and can come up with some model to facilitate Cal and Stanford, Wyoming is in real trouble.
I cannot see a scenario where Stanford is going to join a league with a group of MWC schools. If anyone belongs in the Big 10 or whatever it's called, it's Stanford..
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

Cal and Stanford probably have the budgets needed to join the ACC despite the added travel expense. I see Stanford going independent as a real possibility; not sure about Cal.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Stanford and Cal are not going to share a confrence will schools like those that make up the MWC and AAC. It's all malarky. Staford will go B1G or independent. Cal will sooner drop sports than merge with or join the MWC. I don't want to proverially spike the football, but I think we're pretty safe for the time being. But then wait a couple years until it all starts back up again. :|
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

This would be concerning if there was some semblance of loyalty to tradition. However, I think CSU would step on our grave to get an extra million in tv money.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Wyokie wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:48 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:19 pm Getting really bad vibes... I'm just so conditioned for this to go badly for us.
Starting to feel the same way.

To quote my favorite line from the Star Wars franchise, "I got a bad feeling about this."
Something to think about when we see and hear people celebrating our shrinking state population or complaining about population growth. That is our TV market when it comes to broadcasters choosing which markets go to which conferences.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Because nothing screams Atlantic Coast like the San Francisco Bay area.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:26 pm

This would be concerning if there was some semblance of loyalty to tradition. However, I think CSU would step on our grave to get an extra million in tv money.
The ewes would help dig the grave…..