We were close last year

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

… to playing for a championship. I fully believe Peasley will have a good year barring injury. I am thinking a Cam Coffman type year ( 20 TDS, 10 ints, 300 yards plus rushing/ peas is gonna run ). We have two TEs that are good for our conference and the WR room is much improved from last year from at least competition stand point. Running game is solid. One worry is o line depth.

The bigger factor is a deep and talented defense. In years past we would lose a DJ May or a Granderson and it would ruin our late season chances. This team is legitimately two to three deep on defense.

John Hoyland is the best kicker in the conference.

We are winning this bitch this year and Bohl can ride off in the sunset in 24 with a victory lap.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

This could be one of the best Wyoming defenses ever. Other than at UT-Austin every game is winnable. I like our chances but I’m so used to disappointment. Please don’t turn into last year’s basketball season.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I'm cautiously optimistic this year. Agree though that this defense could go down as one of the all time Wyoming D's. The front 7 should maul people. I think Peasley has the potential to move this team to the top, just need to limit turnovers. A 20-10 td/int ratio passing would be a huge step in the right direction and I think it's possible.

As others have mentioned, gotta get the TEs involved. Heavy run game and the backers cheating up leads to some interesting gaps in coverage to help the TE be open on easy passes. Behind the backer, in front of the safety on 5-7yd seem routes can demoralize a team on long drives on 3rd down. Why we don't see that look more often, I don't know.
Sublette_Poke
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times

I'm really looking forward to this season. In addition to your points, I am looking forward to seeing Harsh from Scottsbluff on the field. I think he'll be a big time player for the Pokes.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I heard on a podcast that UW was low on tackles or tackles at first contact. I think that improves this year too. I would rather have a Christensen Style offense or an Utah style of RPO but I really believe in this team this year.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I'm worried that the front-loaded schedule will cause the train to derail. I hope I'm wrong because if the POKES can get through the first part in good shape, the schedule sets up for a nice run at the end.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

For all of you certain that Tech will be close or a win, go make yourself rich. Line is at +13.5 right now.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.