CU headed to the BIG 12

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Another meeting today to formally apply for membership, but the BIG12 has already voted to let them in. First domino falls.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Will be interesting to see what Oregon and Utah do. If the MWC loses UNLV and San diego st., does the conference survive?
They are all giddey on the csewe board thinking they will get a Pac 12 invite. Not a chance, imo.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Apparently the TV deal for the pac isn't good. First domino to fall for the remaining pac teams. More will be coming.

WYO's situation is likely changing. I doubt it's for the better.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:50 am Apparently the TV deal for the pac isn't good. First domino to fall for the remaining pac teams. More will be coming.

If the PAC does implode and the MWC is able to pick up the leftovers why would the MWC not be lined up for a better media deal? More than likely enough to maintain current memberships and top out at 16-18 teams like everyone else?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Rumor is that ESPN wants the Big 12 to cap things at 16 and to have the Big 12 add Colorado, UCONN, Arizona, and Oregon. No idea what happens to Utah or to Washington. Or the other leftovers.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

aranderson wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:52 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:50 am Apparently the TV deal for the pac isn't good. First domino to fall for the remaining pac teams. More will be coming.

If the PAC does implode and the MWC is able to pick up the leftovers why would the MWC not be lined up for a better media deal? More than likely enough to maintain current memberships and top out at 16-18 teams like everyone else?
The MWC won't pick anyone up. The most optimum G5 teams will join the remaining pac teams if the pac decides they need to add teams.

Even if left with osu and wsu, it will be teams joining the pac to take advantage of the exit fees. WYO won't be invited.

The more teams that bail on the pac, the worse it will be for us.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:03 pm
aranderson wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:52 am If the PAC does implode and the MWC is able to pick up the leftovers why would the MWC not be lined up for a better media deal? More than likely enough to maintain current memberships and top out at 16-18 teams like everyone else?
The MWC won't pick anyone up. The most optimum G5 teams will join the remaining pac teams if the pac decides they need to add teams.

Even if left with osu and wsu, it will be teams joining the pac to take advantage of the exit fees. WYO won't be invited.

So, from what I've been reading, Cal and Stanford do not want the dregs of the MW. Stanford would go independent before staying in a watered down PAC12. I could see Oregon in the Big10 or whatever it's called now. That leaves Utah as the only real power team left from the PAC12.
I agree that the MW is not getting anyone to join. But if enough PAC12 schools leave, there might not be a league left to pick over the MW.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:35 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:03 pm

So, from what I've been reading, Cal and Stanford do not want the dregs of the MW. Stanford would go independent before staying in a watered down PAC12. I could see Oregon in the Big10 or whatever it's called now. That leaves Utah as the only real power team left from the PAC12.
I agree that the MW is not getting anyone to join. But if enough PAC12 schools leave, there might not be a league left to pick over the MW.
smu
Memphis
suds
fresneck
af
csu
unlv
osu
wsu

Zags in bball

Or something like that. You can argue a few other teams but the idea is the same.

Our situation will not improve and may get worse.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 128 times

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:49 am Will be interesting to see what Oregon and Utah do. If the MWC loses UNLV and San diego st., does the conference survive?
They are all giddey on the csewe board thinking they will get a Pac 12 invite. Not a chance, imo.
The ewe fans are so arrogant. I’ve been perusing their board as well. My gosh what a delusional group. The only thing they have going for them is the Colorado eyeballs. Their fb program is dog 💩- and mediocre basketball. IDK what they offer. AF would be a better add if it’s for a TV market.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:22 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:49 am Will be interesting to see what Oregon and Utah do. If the MWC loses UNLV and San diego st., does the conference survive?
The ewe fans are so arrogant. I’ve been perusing their board as well. My gosh what a delusional group. The only thing they have going for them is the Colorado eyeballs. Their fb program is dog 💩- and mediocre basketball. IDK what they offer. AF would be a better add if it’s for a TV market.
In reality, the denver media mostly ignores csewe. Colorado is mostly about pro sports, except when CU was a top 20 football team. They had a few years of glory under Lubick, but that was a long time ago. I can't imagine the Pac12 or Big12 having any interest in them.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:37 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:22 pm

In reality, the denver media mostly ignores csewe. Colorado is mostly about pro sports, except when CU was a top 20 football team. They had a few years of glory under Lubick, but that was a long time ago. I can't imagine the Pac12 or Big12 having any interest in them.
After reading their posts about a conference invite, their arrogance, nothing would please me more than see them left home for “the prom dance”!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

CSU May get left out of whatever the next flurry of conference requirement brings.... It just depends on how low the bar gets. Unfortunately... There is a world where that bar allows the Ram's in and Wyoming is left out. It has nothing to do with historical relevance.... Only market potential.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:29 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:35 pm

smu
Memphis
suds
fresneck
af
csu
unlv
osu
wsu

Zags in bball

Or something like that. You can argue a few other teams but the idea is the same.

I don't see that happening. The PAC will implode first. Like I've been saying for a year, the four cornes schools go to the Big 12, Washington and Oregon go to the B1G, Stanford and Cal either get a late invite to the B1G or go independent. The only teams left are WSU and OSU (maybe SMU and SDSU if they jump before it implodes). Their TV deal would be nearly worthless at at that point.

In that scenario the group that stays together wins. Let's hope the upper half of the MW stays together and doesn't blink. Boise, Fresno, CSU, AF, USU, Nevada, UNLV, and Wyoming are a more valuable group than the PAC leftovers. It's all going to change, but I don't see Wyoming ending up in a worse place.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

flyfishwyo wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:54 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:29 pm

smu
Memphis
suds
fresneck
af
csu
unlv
osu
wsu

Zags in bball

I don't see that happening. The PAC will implode first. Like I've been saying for a year, the four cornes schools go to the Big 12, Washington and Oregon go to the B1G, Stanford and Cal either get a late invite to the B1G or go independent. The only teams left are WSU and OSU (maybe SMU and SDSU if they jump before it implodes). Their TV deal would be nearly worthless at at that point.

In that scenario the group that stays together wins. Let's hope the upper half of the MW stays together and doesn't blink. Boise, Fresno, CSU, AF, USU, Nevada, UNLV, and Wyoming are a more valuable group than the PAC leftovers. It's all going to change, but I don't see Wyoming ending up in a worse place.
If wsu and osu are left, they'll have a conference umbrella to host the best g5 markets which will eclipse all other g5 tv contracts. bsu, suds, and csu can't wait to do something like that. That's 5 teams in that scenario. They only need 4 more.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:24 am
flyfishwyo wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:54 pm

If wsu and osu are left, they'll have a conference umbrella to host the best g5 markets which will eclipse all other g5 tv contracts. bsu, suds, and csu can't wait to do something like that. That's 5 teams in that scenario. They only need 4 more.
IMO this is right. It’s about getting to a P5 conference for BSU, SUDS and the ewes. May not be a stronger conference but likely equal/better money and P5.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Man.....I hate this....
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

307bball wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:12 pm Man.....I hate this....
Well, buckle up, kiddo, 'cos it's going to be a very bumpy ride. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

303cowboy wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:08 am
My panties ain’t gonna wad up, until I see what the PAC12s media rights deal is. They don’t even have one negotiated/signed. It’s dumb for these schools to jump until they know themselves.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:43 pm
303cowboy wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:08 am
My panties ain’t gonna wad up, until I see what the PAC12s media rights deal is. They don’t even have one negotiated/signed. It’s dumb for these schools to jump until they know themselves.
Same here. Plus everyone seems to forget that now that Colorado has left, the "new " tv deal will have to be renegotiated since the original deal had Colorado in it if that makes sense. Probably screwed up that sentence but you all get the idea. We're all smarter than a CSU grad here.