USU not on the schedule

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Sublette_Poke
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times

Haven't seen this question asked on here. Figured someone might know the answer:

Why are the Pokes not playing Utah State this season? With USU being a MW division opponent, I thought it was a mandatory matchup each season.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

There are no divisions so therefore there is nothing tying us to Utah State like there was with divisions. Also it is very likely the only protected opponents for Wyoming will likely be CSU and AFA, mainly due to travel. Which the bit about protected opponents might be in an article somewhere I'm not sure.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Sublette_Poke wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:58 pm Haven't seen this question asked on here. Figured someone might know the answer:

Why are the Pokes not playing Utah State this season? With USU being a MW division opponent, I thought it was a mandatory matchup each season.
There are no divisions starting this year. Top 2 teams advance to MWC championship game. Each team has 2 protected matchups yearly. Wyoming plays Colorado State and Air Force yearly and the rest on rotating schedules.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

aranderson wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:39 pm There are no divisions so therefore there is nothing tying us to Utah State like there was with divisions. Also it is very likely the only protected opponents for Wyoming will likely be CSU and AFA, mainly due to travel. Which the bit about protected opponents might be in an article somewhere I'm not sure.
https://gowyo.com/news/2022/7/14/mounta ... asons.aspx
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Rough draw for Utah St.

Fresno must have paid money to someone.

W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Hopefully the trend continues. I'd be happy if we only played them every 4-5 years or never.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Another one of their players just raped someone. Rapist U