NCAA Wrestling tournament

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

MrTitleist wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:40 pm After watching the replay of the Ramos/Lee ending quite a few times.. it's just insanity. Caught the guy in some crazy cow-catcher and somehow had the flexibility to catch him at the split second to keep the roll-through from completing and stick him. That was a split second away from being very bad for Ramos, and a loss.
Ramos didn’t have much of a choice other than to go for a Hail Mary at that point. Definitely one of the craziest finishes of all time in collegiate wrestling.

Glad Lee showed up for his medal and the podium.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I see that Anthony Ferrari just committed to wrestle at Iowa next season. Wonder if AJ will go to Iowa too and beat Buchanan. Kinda hope so now
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:44 am I see that Anthony Ferrari just committed to wrestle at Iowa next season. Wonder if AJ will go to Iowa too and beat Buchanan. Kinda hope so now
AJ Ferrari is charged with felony se xual battery. No school will even take a look at him unless he is ultimately acquitted of all charges. If he even pleads to a lesser se xual offense, his NCAA career is over. I personally doubt we see AJ Ferrari back on an NCAA mat.
Last edited by OrediggerPoke on Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:03 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:44 am I see that Anthony Ferrari just committed to wrestle at Iowa next season. Wonder if AJ will go to Iowa too and beat Buchanan. Kinda hope so now
AJ Ferrari is charged with felony the deed battery. No school will even take a look at him unless he is ultimately acquitted of all charges. If he even pleads to a lesser the deed offense, his NCAA career is over. I personally doubt we see AJ Ferrari back on an NCAA mat.
He just announced he'll be wrestling in college again
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:04 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:03 pm

AJ Ferrari is charged with felony the deed battery. No school will even take a look at him unless he is ultimately acquitted of all charges. If he even pleads to a lesser the deed offense, his NCAA career is over. I personally doubt we see AJ Ferrari back on an NCAA mat.
Wow!? What did he say? Whatever school takes that risk is crazy with pending charges.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:05 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:04 pm

Wow!? What did he say? Whatever school takes that risk is crazy with pending charges.
It was in his instagram. Not sure if he is all cleared to wrestle, but he said he “will be back”.

If he is reformed and cleared legally, maybe Wyoming should take a look
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:38 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:05 pm

It was in his instagram. Not sure if he is all cleared to wrestle, but he said he “will be back”.

No, we shouldn't. He is bad news. From the interviews I saw and the way he conducts himself (outside of the charges), he has some real personality issues. I'd rather have a wrestler that goes 0-20 than him.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:57 pm

No, we shouldn't. He is bad news. From the interviews I saw and the way he conducts himself (outside of the charges), he has some real personality issues. I'd rather have a wrestler that goes 0-20 than him.
But he’d more than likely win the ‘ship. The universe owes us one. It would even things out lol
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:59 pm

But he’d more than likely win the ‘ship. The universe owes us one. It would even things out lol
I'm hoping a guy like Jore Volk will stick around and make a huge jump next year. He has the talent to be a national champion someday.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:01 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:59 pm
I'm hoping a guy like Jore Volk will stick around and make a huge jump next year. He has the talent to be a national champion someday.
Yeah. Jore has got a bright future and that weight class really opens up for him next year.

Also, Aaron Brooks is probably moving up. Stephen Buchanan really f'ed up his chances to win a NCAA championship by chasing a little bit of $$. What a waste.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Agreed, pass on him. He comes across as a cocky douche. Which normally isn't a good look, but in the world of wrestling is especially bad.