How many are going to the spring game?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

I know I'll be one of the 1500 in attendance.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I should be there
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

I have gone over most of the past 20 years. I likely won't be there this year.

I have also had 4 season football tickets and a respectable CJC membership since 2003. I'm giving up both of those too. I might find a game or two to go to if I find myself bored, but tickets are never hard to come by.

UW and Bohl have broken me. CJC is a joke. After 10 years of Bohl and 20+ years of CJC, I know that nothing is going to change. Boring, .500 football isn't my cup of tea. I am just too competitive and have too high expectations for what Wyoming has become - so I spend too much time angry and negative, and that's not good for anyone. I wish the Pokes well, especially the players, but I need a break.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

If the weather is decent we will be there. Always fun to watch football!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

LawPoke wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:39 am I have gone over most of the past 20 years. I likely won't be there this year.

I have also had 4 season football tickets and a respectable CJC membership since 2003. I'm giving up both of those too. I might find a game or two to go to if I find myself bored, but tickets are never hard to come by.

UW and Bohl have broken me. CJC is a joke. After 10 years of Bohl and 20+ years of CJC, I know that nothing is going to change. Boring, .500 football isn't my cup of tea. I am just too competitive and have too high expectations for what Wyoming has become - so I spend too much time angry and negative, and that's not good for anyone. I wish the Pokes well, especially the players, but I need a break.
Very telling. I would think there are a lot of fans who feel exactly as you do.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

When is the spring game?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Wonder how he’ll do this year. I still think it’s a bad sign if Peasely is the man coming out of fall camp. It’d be different if Peasely had performed better. It’s a bad sign if the QBs we have can’t unseat a below average qb.

We have 5 Cadens on the team and 3 Jadens or some variation. Surprised Hayden has dropped in popularity. 1 Braden on the team. Surprisingly Caleb came in second with 4 and Isaac big showing with 3.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:31 am

Wonder how he’ll do this year. I still think it’s a bad sign if Peasely is the man coming out of fall camp. It’d be different if Peasely had performed better. It’s a bad sign if the QBs we have can’t unseat a below average qb.

We have 5 Cadens on the team and 3 Jadens or some variation. Surprised Hayden has dropped in popularity. 1 Braden on the team. Surprisingly Caleb came in second with 4 and Isaac big showing with 3.
Yup. While agree with you about the QB situation, do you think Bohl in a million years would ever not go with Peasly? The guy has a mental condition that prevents him from ever changing course once he’s made a decision. He could have a future hall of gamer in the roster and they’d be glued to the bench. It’s literally happened lol.

And lol on the names. So my two boys wrestle and have exceedingly normal names. But you should see the names people are naming their human babies nowadays. My boy has had to wrestle a Stihl, multiple kids named Knox, Kru, Kai, Creo, Emersen yes spelled with an e at the end, Bronxton. There are many other gems. WTH is wrong with people. Yes Jaden is the new John and Braeden is the new George. Weird, weird weird. Gotta say that your neck of the woods (SW Wyoming) is the worst
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Not this year...taking it off
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:07 pm Not this year...taking it off
Bring that number down to 1498 in attendance
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

If the weather's nice I'll definitely be there. I'll be curious to see what changed over the course of the spring. I haven't been to a spring game since the Christensen era, so hopefully I can make it up. More an excuse to go enjoy a nice day in Laramie than anything else.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Is there a place i should be eating at while i'm in laramie? It's been a while since I've dined in town and I'm not in the know for good places to eat.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:14 am Is there a place i should be eating at while i'm in laramie? It's been a while since I've dined in town and I'm not in the know for good places to eat.
Burger King
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:14 am Is there a place i should be eating at while i'm in laramie? It's been a while since I've dined in town and I'm not in the know for good places to eat.
There has been some recent changes (Jeffries, Speed Goat, etc...). But here are my suggestions based on what you crave:

Breakfast - Prairie Rose, Accomplice
Lunch/Dinner - Crowbar (burgers/pizza), Bejo Deaux (Sushi and Japanese), Sweet Melissas (vegetarian - I'm not vegetarian but the black bean enchiladas and cauliflower wings are fantastic), San Luis Mexican Restaurant (it is the same owners as Fernandos/Almanzas but stepped up the game), Chilis (you know what you're going to get and its consistent), Anongs (can never go wrong with their curry dishes)
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:18 am
Burger King
I go there to get a soft drink anytime Double Dub's wings is parked across the street.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

GoPokes86 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:58 am If the weather's nice I'll definitely be there. I'll be curious to see what changed over the course of the spring. I haven't been to a spring game since the Christensen era, so hopefully I can make it up. More an excuse to go enjoy a nice day in Laramie than anything else.
Weather will be gorgeous! We are going and bringing a crowd.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:31 am
There has been some recent changes (Jeffries, Speed Goat, etc...). But here are my suggestions based on what you crave:

Lunch/Dinner - Crowbar (burgers/pizza), Bejo Deaux (Sushi and Japanese), Sweet Melissas (vegetarian - I'm not vegetarian but the black bean enchiladas and cauliflower wings are fantastic), San Luis Mexican Restaurant (it is the same owners as Fernandos/Almanzas but stepped up the game), Chilis (you know what you're going to get and its consistent), Anongs (can never go wrong with their curry dishes)
Born in a Barn is really good. I also like Sushi Boat (looks ghetto, but is good). Alibi has fancy, expensive pizza which is yummy. Palermo's Italian is decent imo.

So that Bejo Dua place is good? I have yet to eat there.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:31 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:31 am

Born in a Barn is really good. I also like Sushi Boat (looks ghetto, but is good). Alibi has fancy, expensive pizza which is yummy. Palermo's Italian is decent imo.

So that Bejo Dua place is good? I have yet to eat there.
Yep - it is basically the same Bejo from Cheyenne (Bejo 2). I have a weird appetite and really like the muscles with fried cheese appetizer.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Best place downtown, in my opinion, is Crow Bar. They've got some awesome burgers and pizza.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm really going to try and make my first spring game.
W-Y, Until I Die!