Utah state

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:31 am
bladerunnr wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:52 am

Uhh, no. They started to guard him once he got hot. Every time he got the ball in the second 1/2, he
had lots of attention. Could we have run him off some picks to try and free him up? For whatever reason, we don't
try things like that.

Anyone who has a basketball iq over the dunce level could see we had no chance. They pass the ball to guys cutting to the basket.
We have a player trying to drive to the basket (usually out of control) and then try to pass the ball back to someone at the 3 point line when the penetration is stopped. Or, better yet, a slow guy tries a behind the back dribble and the ball is stolen for an easy basket the other way. Every time I watch our offense, I wonder if Linder really knows what he's doing.
I have to agree. There is a pick and roll at the top, maldo tries to drive. If he can't make it to the hoop he kicks it out. If a guy is open we'll take a three if not we usually have to jack a desperation three before the shot clock expires. Our offense is as rudimentary and easy to defend as our football offense. So simple! No one other than Foster cuts to the hoop. There is no crisp ball movement. There are three guys standing dead still on the perimeter almost at all times. No crashing the offensive boards to try to get some easy points. No wonder we suck. What are we even doing on offense.
I’ll guarantee a lot, especially late in the game is fatigue. I’ll give them a lot of credit. We’d all be talking different if they had a full bench.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:36 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:31 am
I have to agree. There is a pick and roll at the top, maldo tries to drive. If he can't make it to the hoop he kicks it out. If a guy is open we'll take a three if not we usually have to jack a desperation three before the shot clock expires. Our offense is as rudimentary and easy to defend as our football offense. So simple! No one other than Foster cuts to the hoop. There is no crisp ball movement. There are three guys standing dead still on the perimeter almost at all times. No crashing the offensive boards to try to get some easy points. No wonder we suck. What are we even doing on offense.
I’ll guarantee a lot, especially late in the game is fatigue. I’ll give them a lot of credit. We’d all be talking different if they had a full bench.
and I’m glad the 3 from Crazy-fornia are gone.