Season Ticket Holders...Your Thoughts??!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

My family has had four tickets in Section D since 1973. That will be fifty years in the Fall. All four have been in my name since 1983. Yes, the price is grandfathered. In 2018, I moved from one town in Wyoming to another town in Wyoming. This required a new mailing address, a new phone number and a new E-Mail address. All that sounds like a "Violation" of the new "Rules." Will the Ticket Office squeeze me out because of the "Violation" of their new "Rules"? I guess I'll find out next month when I call to renew the tickets.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

WyoGeezer wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:37 pm My family has had four tickets in Section D since 1973. That will be fifty years in the Fall. All four have been in my name since 1983. Yes, the price is grandfathered. In 2018, I moved from one town in Wyoming to another town in Wyoming. This required a new mailing address, a new phone number and a new E-Mail address. All that sounds like a "Violation" of the new "Rules." Will the Ticket Office squeeze me out because of the "Violation" of their new "Rules"? I guess I'll find out next month when I call to renew the tickets.
If you made the change in addy, phone, and email today - yes, you would no longer be Grandfathered. I don't' know about your 2018 change though - that would royally piss me off if that happened from something prior (2018) to their lame assed announcement.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

WyoGeezer wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:37 pm My family has had four tickets in Section D since 1973. That will be fifty years in the Fall. All four have been in my name since 1983. Yes, the price is grandfathered. In 2018, I moved from one town in Wyoming to another town in Wyoming. This required a new mailing address, a new phone number and a new E-Mail address. All that sounds like a "Violation" of the new "Rules." Will the Ticket Office squeeze me out because of the "Violation" of their new "Rules"? I guess I'll find out next month when I call to renew the tickets.
And this, my friends, is why this is a terrible decision. It is ill-timed and unforced. I hope, for Geezer's sake and the others like him, that it would not be a "violation" of the new rules. I am skeptical. This is the garbage that loses you butts in the seats at a time when there isn't a terribly high demand for the product UW is putting on the field and the offerings from CJC.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

LawPoke wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:57 am
And this, my friends, is why this is a terrible decision. It is ill-timed and unforced. I hope, for Geezer's sake and the others like him, that it would not be a "violation" of the new rules. I am skeptical. This is the garbage that loses you butts in the seats at a time when there isn't a terribly high demand for the product UW is putting on the field and the offerings from CJC.
I also am afraid that my tickets are at risk. I changed my billing address and name on the account from my business over 20 years ago. You can bet if I get screwed over i will be staying home watching the games via live stream or listening on the radio instead of in person.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 50 times

doreno5 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:23 am
LawPoke wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:57 am

I also am afraid that my tickets are at risk. I changed my billing address and name on the account from my business over 20 years ago. You can bet if I get screwed over i will be staying home watching the games via live stream or listening on the radio instead of in person.
I'm in the same, "made a change in address" boat because I moved to a new house a couple of years ago. You can keep your tickets as long as you donate $250 per seat to CJC.

Again, I don't want to complain too much about losing the grandfathered status because I've known it's coming for a few years. I'll keep 2 or 3 of my 6 previous seats. My biggest hangup is that I don't want to give any more money to CJC than I already do. It feels dirty to give any more to an organization with such poor customer service. At my current rate I get my parking space, my tickets, and a few free beers during basketball season. That seems like a fair deal. I just can't contribute a penny more that would go towards Welniak's salary. It's where I draw my line in the sand.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

The bottom line is that the CJC is an arrogant and tone deaf organization run by people who feel they are special and above others.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:39 pm The bottom line is that the CJC is an arrogant and tone deaf organization run by people who feel they are special and above others.
Very true, agreed. The entire AD needs to be flushed and re-filled with clean water. Primarily and only with folks that actually have vision. future, and work ethic. The entire department is tired, worn, and apathetic. Seidel and the trustees need to make some wholesale changes across the board, or we are going to continually fall behind (our already lowly peers), until the FCS and Big Sky are the only choice and way for the university to go.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:39 pm The bottom line is that the CJC is an arrogant and tone deaf organization run by people who feel they are special and above others.
I have been a mid-level member for a while and continually up my pledge through the 110% program. For the life of me, I don't understand where the arrogance and tone-deafness comes from with CJC, but it is palpable and real. What I see is a stagnant, entrenched board and leadership with few new ideas and no ability to adapt. They simply tap the same folks over and over and don't bother to culture the small to mid-level donor, other than with token BS. I am seriously thinking about non-renewing (for the first time since 2002). Even if I do, it will be at a much, much lower level.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

As a former member for many years I can recite many instances I've experienced which showed me a very insular group, people who are terrified of new ideas, new experiences and new advancements. As an outreach group they are a very paranoid group which in turn limits the ceiling that organization could have with some vision oriented people as a part of it. They are stuck in ways and processes that have been in place for the last few decades and if anyone should so much as to suggest something that could be seen as rocking any boats then you are treated as an infidel or an outcast. Actually there is no vision or any real collaboration to speak of. It is like they say give us your money, thank you, now get out of the way until we tap our little cup in front of your face again next year. At least they mail you out a flag. I'm surprised the administration has given Cody Tucker's media enterprise as much rope as they do although I'm sure they have set limits on him as well. Ryan Thorborn has gotten quite ballsy with many things he has written lately, and I won't even go into how they worked hard to destroy a really good radio show a few years ago that was a daily program about the football and basketball programs, and the reason why they did this is because they didn't have any control over it. They keep raking in dollars over the years but the question then needs to be asked, what have these dollars done to improve the overall environment for the fans who go to the games? The CJC treats the big rollers like big shots and everyone else seems to be treated like serfs. Bohl needs to do something to open things up more, to invite more people to be at the stadium taking in some workouts, a football and family picnic would go a long way like many police departments engage their local communities in. I don't think community outreach in the ways of public relations, fan relations, or even throughout the state has been done anywhere to what it has the potential to be. How about a "Casper Day" at a home game at the War? How about a "Lander Day" at the War? They could rotate these days with other towns based on the game and the year games are being played. That takes initiative, work, and vision. So forget all about that and just get ready for that next mailer to be sent to you asking you to fork over your money.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Also I'm puzzled about the lack of any information about the stadium itself. By this point I thought we would have heard something?