OT: Superbowl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

For all the: "wHo CaRes!!??" crowd, it's pretty easy to just not click or type. Honestly, nobody cares that you don't care.

That said, who do you have? For me the interesting story line is who gets exposed: Mahomes or the Eagle D? I have a hunch 1 of the 2 is "oversold" and will be dominated by the other. Mahomes faced a decent but not great Bengals D. Eagles beat Daniel Jones and Josh Johnson--not exactly world beaters.

I don't know what to think on this one.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

E A G L E S ! ! ! !

I want Marcus Epps to hoist the Lombardi.

My gut tells me Mahomes and Kelce find a way to get it done. Damn them
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

I think the chiefs get it done... Pretty much nobody can stop Mahomes and Kelce. It's shocking how open Kelce always is.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I think the Chiefs get wrecked. Eagles look so well oiled. Normally, I never count Mahomes out.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:41 pm I think the Chiefs get wrecked. Eagles look so well oiled. Normally, I never count Mahomes out.
I'm torn on this. The Eagles played a lot of average to below average offenses and often against teams with key players out. Their playoff run was through Daniel Jones and nobody at QB. On the flip side, if they are legit, I see them really giving Mahomes trouble.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

Epps ... Pick Six! Epps ... Forces a Fumble and Recovers the Ball! Epps ... 9 Pass Break-Ups! Epps ... 14 Tackles! Epps ... MVP!
Why not?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Worst ending ever?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

I'd like to watch one chiefs game where it ended and I was like, "man, chiefs got hosed there". It hasn't happened yet because they're on the good side of bad calls and no calls when it matters most.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:12 pm Worst ending ever?
Yes. Gotta let them play.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:27 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:12 pm Worst ending ever?
Yes. Gotta let them play.
Glad I'm not in Philadelphia right now. Hoo boy!!!!! :roll: If they can boo Santa Claus.......
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Philly also got bailed out on a call when the receiver fumbled and KC took it back for 6 but was overturned. Just like the PI, borderline call that had a huge impact.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 31 times

My Chiefs SB future paid out, so I guess I'll take that. My Eagles -6.5 last week, however, did not. lol.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 31 times

I think it is kind of amazing, however, how players and coaches can get themselves to believe that they're just a plucky underdog that no one thought had a chance. Travis Kelce mentioned it in his post game speech last night that, "no one believed we could be here" or something along those lines.. even though that's completely false because the Chiefs were one of the pre-season SB favorites. Georgia did the same thing after they won.. I believe Kirby Smart said something to the effect of, "No one believed in us" even though Georgia was overwhelmingly the odds on favorite to repeat as national champions. Kind of amazing how coaches and players can legitimately convince themselves that this is true.
ImageImageImageImage
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 50 times

MrTitleist wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:19 am I think it is kind of amazing, however, how players and coaches can get themselves to believe that they're just a plucky underdog that no one thought had a chance. Travis Kelce mentioned it in his post game speech last night that, "no one believed we could be here" or something along those lines.. even though that's completely false because the Chiefs were one of the pre-season SB favorites. Georgia did the same thing after they won.. I believe Kirby Smart said something to the effect of, "No one believed in us" even though Georgia was overwhelmingly the odds on favorite to repeat as national champions. Kind of amazing how coaches and players can legitimately convince themselves that this is true.
All of those comments remind me of Nick Saban and his "rat poison" speeches.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:35 am Philly also got bailed out on a call when the receiver fumbled and KC took it back for 6 but was overturned. Just like the PI, borderline call that had a huge impact.
Certainly not a fumble. It was absolutely incomplete - had it in his hands for like a quarter of a second of real time and made no steps with the ball. If it weren't for their new way of letting things be played out and relying on replay to fix no-calls (which is actually the better way to do it IMO), it most definitely would have been called dead.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:45 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:35 am Philly also got bailed out on a call when the receiver fumbled and KC took it back for 6 but was overturned. Just like the PI, borderline call that had a huge impact.
Certainly not a fumble. It was absolutely incomplete - had it in his hands for like a quarter of a second of real time and made no steps with the ball. If it weren't for their new way of letting things be played out and relying on replay to fix no-calls (which is actually the better way to do it IMO), it most definitely would have been called dead.
Huh?

You'd better go watch the play again. He had the ball for at least 2 seconds, took 2 steps and was about to take a third. It was as much a fumble as the hold was a hold: borderline but legit.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:00 pm
Huh?

You'd better go watch the play again. He had the ball for at least 2 seconds, took 2 steps and was about to take a third. It was as much a fumble as the hold was a hold: borderline but legit.
Was a clear bang bang play. Not near enough time to be a completed pass. Huge difference between that and getting boned on a judgement call
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:17 pm
Huh?

Was a clear bang bang play. Not near enough time to be a completed pass. Huge difference between that and getting boned on a judgement call
He had it for 2 seconds of slow motion time on the replay they kept showing. And he "took" two steps if you mean that he got two feet down with the ball in his hands. He did not at all make any "football move" or whatever they always say.

The rule itself says:
"A forward pass is complete... if a player, who is inbounds:
a. secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and
b. touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and
c. after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, performs any act common to the game (e.g., tuck the ball away, extend it forward, take an additional step, turn upfield, or avoid or ward off an opponent), or he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so."

Certainly not a catch and thats why after watching the replay in super slo-mo they called it incomplete.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Huh?

They've been pretty consistent on these plays and it's an incomplete pass. In real time, he barely has the ball. The were pretty consistent on the long pass right before where the guy got two feet down but the ball shifted when he hit ground. I thought that was a catch which they overruled.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:17 pm
Huh?

Agree with Lander on this.

Technically the hold was a hold. It just wasn't bad enough to be called in that situation, IMO. Middle of the game? Maybe still gripe about it but not as big of deal. On the flip side, maybe Mahomes saw it and threw the ball a long way in that direction knowing it was a hold? If the hold hadn't happened maybe he tries to put it on the money? I doubt the latter, but I honestly don't care/am unbiased. As a fan watching the game, I'd much prefer to watch the Chiefs kick a field goal and the Eagles have a minute or so to try to match. I guess that is my bias.