pokes/mizzou

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Add boxing out as a weakness! Maybe Arguing with the refs while there is a fast break going the other direction! (Jackson!!!) And make your F@#king freethrows! (A concern of mine during the exhibition).
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

Good effort, but keep in mind that Mizzou is not a very good team. Yeah, they are better than we are, so it is encouraging to see us play a better team more competitively than we have in the past few years. That said, anybody who thinks we just hung with the 11th/13th best team in the nation is out of their mind. Realistically, I think Mizzou is probably somewhere in the 60th-70th range as far as best teams go.

Still a major improvement in both player effort and coaches schemes from what I saw last year and early this year. We are improving...is it quick enough for HS to save his job?
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Missouri won because they were consistently knocking down the 3 and we couldn't. I'm glad we didn't take as many in the 2nd half and moved the ball inside. Man, if we could only shoot a little better and play a little smarter. This effort is enough to get me interested again.

Beating Providence would be a nice building block.

Go Pokes!!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Missou seemed to play like a team. The Pokes like sandlot ball. I am very surprised they stayed with MU.
But no defensive rebounding blocking-out and bad 1st half shooting made the difference.(my opinion) Despite what the announcer said, I doubt if Luster would have made a difference - except for possibly more Poke turnovers.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

JimmyDimes wrote:Missouri won because they were consistently knocking down the 3 and we couldn't. I'm glad we didn't take as many in the 2nd half and moved the ball inside. Man, if we could only shoot a little better and play a little smarter. This effort is enough to get me interested again.

Go Pokes!!
:thumb:
Poke Around
Ranch Hand

JimmyDimes wrote:Missouri won because they were consistently knocking down the 3 and we couldn't. I'm glad we didn't take as many in the 2nd half and moved the ball inside. Man, if we could only shoot a little better and play a little smarter. This effort is enough to get me interested again.

Go Pokes!!
Providence may be 4-1, but before losing to LaSalle on Tuesday the Friars wins were over a Wyoming-like home schedule of Dartmouth, Yale, Prairieve View A&M and Morgan State.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Adv8RU12 wrote:Missou seemed to play like a team. The Pokes like sandlot ball. I am very surprised they stayed with MU.
But no defensive rebounding blocking-out and bad 1st half shooting made the difference.(my opinion) Despite what the announcer said, I doubt if Luster would have made a difference - except for possibly more Poke turnovers.
Actually we would have had less TO's if Luster would have been there because then we would have had two ball handlers. Our biggest issue was the fact that Jackson was the only one doing a doing all the work and anytime he got doubled he had to pass to someone with zero ball control Jackson and Luster make a much better team for control.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote:Missou seemed to play like a team. The Pokes like sandlot ball. I am very surprised they stayed with MU.
Actually we would have had less TO's if Luster would have been there because then we would have had two ball handlers. Our biggest issue was the fact that Jackson was the only one doing a doing all the work and anytime he got doubled he had to pass to someone with zero ball control Jackson and Luster make a much better team for control.
On pondering your reply, I think you may be right. Looking at the stats, The Pokes got out-assisted 20
to 6. That is not good. It seems that Luster is feeding off more this year, so that might have
helped the Pokes look less like they were playing street ball.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Poke Around wrote:

Go Pokes!!
Providence may be 4-1, but before losing to LaSalle on Tuesday the Friars wins were over a Wyoming-like home schedule of Dartmouth, Yale, Prairieve View A&M and Morgan State.
Not the toughest schedule. It would be a good win for the Pokes because Providence carries a good basketball name and they are beatable. Hopefully JD is over his montezuma revenge and can help the team tonight.