Bohl is excited for spring ball

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Gotta say I am too. Looking forward to next season. Bohl said we’re going to pass more
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Bohl is excited? I'm not.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:55 pm Bohl is excited? I'm not.
I am. Comparatively minimal portal losses (so far). Perhaps the best defensive line Wyoming has ever had....and what other Wyoming sport is there really to be excited for at this point other than Women's basketball and Women's soccer?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I'm also excited and think we'll challenge for the Mtn division again. Do we drop divisions this year?

Not bashing but only thing tempering my enthusiasm is that I'm not sold on Peasley. I hope the kid makes me eat my words. Damn sure cheering for him.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:16 pm I'm also excited and think we'll challenge for the Mtn division again. Do we drop divisions this year?

Not bashing but only thing tempering my enthusiasm is that I'm not sold on Peasley. I hope the kid makes me eat my words. Damn sure cheering for him.
No divisions next year. Top 2 teams in the conference standings play for the championship.

Next year we play:
Home - CSU, Fresno, Hawaii, New Mexico
Away - Air Force, Boise, Nevada UNLV

Note - we play CSU and Air Force every year.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:26 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:16 pm I'm also excited and think we'll challenge for the Mtn division again. Do we drop divisions this year?

No divisions next year. Top 2 teams in the conference standings play for the championship.

Next year we play:

I couldn't remember if it started this year or next.

Glad Fresno's qb is moving on. We should be competitive in most of those games.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:26 pm

Next year we play:

Glad we get CSU every year. Guaranteed W
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:04 pm
Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:55 pm Bohl is excited? I'm not.
I am. Comparatively minimal portal losses (so far). Perhaps the best defensive line Wyoming has ever had....and what other Wyoming sport is there really to be excited for at this point other than Women's basketball and Women's soccer?
I’m believing Peasley will improve in the off season, maybe hoping.

But, I’m excited too. We didn’t see as much loss to the portal, some exciting transfers coming in. Get the D line healthy. Should be a exciting year.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I'm pretty optimistic too. Like a few others have mentioned, this defensive line should be remarkably good. Not that it's a the deed aspect of the game, but it definitely decides games. I think Peasley with a year under his belt in the system "should" be better. I seriously hope the staff takes a good look at what they're asking him to do though. Let's mould the system to his strengths, zipping long throws to the flats on a rope aren't there yet, maybe don't rely on that.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

We're ranked 4th overall in returning production

https://www.espn.com/college-football/i ... 023-season

I won't be getting too excited. I think the last time we were ranked highly in this category was the covid year where we went 2-4
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

303cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:52 am We're ranked 4th overall in returning production

I won't be getting too excited. I think the last time we were ranked highly in this category was the covid year where we went 2-4
Bohl, by his own admission, didn't deal with covid well. Let's just say some dealt with it better than others. I'll give him a pass on that one.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

303cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:52 am We're ranked 4th overall in returning production

Great stat, thanks for posting!

The next highest MWC team appears to be UNLV at 42. Inexplicably, Hawaii who was one of the youngest teams in the country last year is at 122. If the stars align and we stay injury free, next year could be a very good year. No excuses not to perform well next year.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

303cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:52 am We're ranked 4th overall in returning "production"

FIFY...

Look, a concept like returning production is practically meaningless to results when the starting factor is in single digits. If we double the production of our passing game, we'll still rank in the lower half of the country. Bohl says we're going to pass more? So now we're going to see 4 more attempts per game? Sorry if all that doesn't put the gem back in my donut, but with key personnel in certain positions, I don't see much changing.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:59 am
303cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:52 am We're ranked 4th overall in returning "production"

FIFY...

Look, a concept like returning production is practically meaningless to results when the starting factor is in single digits. If we double the production of our passing game, we'll still rank in the lower half of the country. Bohl says we're going to pass more? So now we're going to see 4 more attempts per game? Sorry if all that doesn't put the gem back in my donut, but with key personnel in certain positions, I don't see much changing.
We're at least going to be decent because our defense will be nasty, and we will have a solid run game. I know this is an extreme long shot, but if we can find some sort of a passing game we'll be cooking with gas. But yeah, Wyokie probably has a better shot of scoring with is favorite adult entertainment actress than us finding a reliable passing attack :lol:
Last edited by LanderPoke on Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

The NFC championship game demonstrated exactly where WYO football has been except we've had the luxury of bad defenses.

I think it will be a good year but it won't be great unless the offense can add a passing dimension.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Hell, I am excited as well. Usually am.

If it wasn't for parents of athletes telling our recruiters and coaches how much NIL $$$ it will take for them to play at UW, I would have zero angst this spring.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:21 am
Wyovanian wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:59 am
FIFY...

We're at least going to be decent because our defense will be nasty, and we will have a solid run game. I know this is an extreme long shot, but if we can find some sort of a passing game we'll be cooking with gas. But yeah, Wyokie probably has a better shot of scoring with his favorite adult entertainment actress than us finding a reliable passing attack :lol:
Sad but true. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:18 am Hell, I am excited as well. Usually am.

If it wasn't for parents of athletes telling our recruiters and coaches how much NIL $$$ it will take for them to play at UW, I would have zero angst this spring.
I'm assuming that you are talking about current players who did not enter the portal in December? Not surprising that this is what college football has come to.

If I were the coach, I'd call every one of those alleged players into my office and ask if that is their personal position (not just their parents who should have no involvement). If that is their position, I'd hand them their walking players and tell them good luck but that they are no long members of the football team. Basically extortion to remain on a team following the original portal period and taking up valuable scholarships during the spring to the detriment of their teammates has zero respect in my book.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

I refuse to buy into any excitement for Wyoming football until Bohl changes his ways. I bought that I should be excited when he got here from NDSU. I bought that Josh Allen would take us to the promised land. I bought that I should be excited when Vigen left. I bought that we should be excited when Peasley got here. We are a 7-5 or 6-6 team until Bohl allows innovation. I'm certain that .500 seasons and boring offense excites Bohl. Considering how much he and his assistants are paid and how much we have invested in facilities, etc. - I just think we should demand more before getting "excited."

Talk is cheap. Show me.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

7-5, New Mexico Bowl. Wash, rinse, repeat.