Graham Ike to miss 6-8 weeks with a lower leg injury.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 571 times
Been liked: 230 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:24 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:44 pm
Not sure what you are referring to. That was the usual generic, innocuous quote. Pretty much what Linder has said from the beginning.

Ike obviously doesn't feel OK about playing this year. I, personally, think Ike will be in the Brown and Gold next year ready to have a monster year.
"It's what's best for him and it's what's best for him moving forward in his career..." Nothing about best for him and ensuring that he returns to the Cowboys at full strength. In any event, it is pure speculation.

Surprising news is that Foster might return. Being his last year, I say let Foster finish on a high note by starting any games he is available for.
You think he's going to try to go pro next year?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 207 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:02 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:24 pm

"It's what's best for him and it's what's best for him moving forward in his career..." Nothing about best for him and ensuring that he returns to the Cowboys at full strength. In any event, it is pure speculation.

Surprising news is that Foster might return. Being his last year, I say let Foster finish on a high note by starting any games he is available for.
Personally, no in light of the injury. I think he will command some serious NIL somewhere at a big school and Wyoming probably doesn’t look like much of a contender at this point. Hopefully Linder can keep him.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:07 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:02 pm
Personally, no in light of the injury. I think he will command some serious NIL somewhere at a big school and Wyoming probably doesn’t look like much of a contender at this point. Hopefully Linder can keep him.
Why would a school pay Ike a lot when he is injury prone?

Anyway, I think Linder and Ike have a great relationship and. I think Ike really appreciates Linder and wants to play for him
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:05 pm

Anyway, I think Linder and Ike have a great relationship and. I think Ike really appreciates Linder and wants to play for him
Because there aren’t a lot of guys out there with Ike’s skill set.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 112 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:05 pm

To answer your question, I will use Linder's statement itself..."there isn't anybody in the country that can guard Graham". He is a difference maker, with him in the line-up, we are what we were supposed to be - a top 25 team. What he brings with and without the ball in his hands, is irreplaceable (as we all know now).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 95 times

SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 31 times

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:32 pm
Well there's the least surprising thing you'll see all day.

The cherry on top of a miserable season. Hope he comes back better than ever next year.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 259 times
Been liked: 113 times

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:32 pm
The right decision in my opinion.

I just hope he remains a Poke.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Excited to be ‘coming back to the game.’ Nothing about looking forward to playing next year with his teammates or the cowboys. Transfer portal announcement in May is my guess.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

First off, get well soon , Graham. All the best!!

Second, I have a very bad feeling he’s not coming back to the pokes. If he is going pro, or will try , why would he mention the redshirt? Since he did mention the redshirt that means he intends to continue to play college ball. And if he is going to continue to play college ball at Wyoming why wouldn’t he say that?
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:00 pm First off, get well soon , Graham. All the best!!

Second, I have a very bad feeling he’s not coming back to the pokes. If he is going pro, or will try , why would he mention the redshirt? Since he did mention the redshirt that means he intends to continue to play college ball. And if he is going to continue to play college ball at Wyoming why wouldn’t he say that?
I think we all suspect why he worded it that way.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Well fix it Dear Henry Dear Henry, well fix it Dear Henry fixxxxx iiiiittttt....hope people get my just on this lol
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:00 pm First off, get well soon , Graham. All the best!!

You sure changed your tune fast. Just the other day you were telling me I had no reason to worry based on Linder’s statement (which I found unfortunately telling).

I still hope I’m wrong. Maybe some big donor will step up and pay him a bunch of money. But the days of bona fide stars staying at Wyoming in any sport is pretty much over.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:48 am

You sure changed your tune fast. Just the other day you were telling me I had no reason to worry based on Linder’s statement (which I found unfortunately telling).

I still hope I’m wrong. Maybe some big donor will step up and pay him a bunch of money. But the days of bona fide stars staying at Wyoming in any sport is pretty much over.
Lol. Sue me. This statement has a lot more going on than the same generic statement Linder had been offering. Plus the source is Ike himself
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 126 times

If Graham comes back to Wyoming, it’ll be the greatest and most surprising news I’ll ever receive about the basketball team. It’s akin to landing a blue chip player considering the changes to the college sports landscape.
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

He'll be back....as for the supporting cast who knows!! 2022-23 the season that coulda been....sigh
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:49 pm If Graham comes back to Wyoming, it’ll be the greatest and most surprising news I’ll ever receive about the basketball team. It’s akin to landing a blue chip player considering the changes to the college sports landscape.
It will be because a donor (such as the one who is the name of the court) steps up with a bunch of money.

I don’t see it happening but you never know. If the team without Ike performed better, then there might be more incentive. At this point, my guess is that Ike walks and cashes a fat check somewhere else.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 72 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:49 pm If Graham comes back to Wyoming, it’ll be the greatest and most surprising news I’ll ever receive about the basketball team. It’s akin to landing a blue chip player considering the changes to the college sports landscape.
This. My default assumption is that we have seen his last game in B&G and anything else will be a happy surprise.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 81 times

Poke in New England wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:14 am
This. My default assumption is that we have seen his last game in B&G and anything else will be a happy surprise.
Looking at his twitter feed Ike lives and breathes basketball. His value in the NIL market is probably not as great as it would have been had he been able to play this year. I have hopes he will stay with Wyoming out of loyalty to Linder who was basically the only one who wanted him out of high school after he was injured. I have no contact with people who know him so do not know what kind of person he is.. His teammates certainly seem to love him so I suspect he is good guy as well as good player.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

doreno5 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:48 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:14 am

Looking at his twitter feed Ike lives and breathes basketball. His value in the NIL market is probably not as great as it would have been had he been able to play this year. I have hopes he will stay with Wyoming out of loyalty to Linder who was basically the only one who wanted him out of high school after he was injured. I have no contact with people who know him so do not know what kind of person he is.. His teammates certainly seem to love him so I suspect he is good guy as well as good player.
If Ike chases the $$ at a place like Arizona, Kentucky, Kansas, Ohio State, etc. he will just be another cog in the machine vs staying here he will be beloved and if he finishes his career here he will probably be in the UW hall of fame and be a legend forever. I know it's tough to turn down money, but sometimes money isn't absolutely everything.