Bills/Bengals

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 50 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:13 am If I'm in a room with 50 other nfl fans from our area 49 of them are die hard broncos fans. The only one who isn't would be me! I've been a Patriots fan since 1970 coming from a family of patriots fans who moved from vermont and out to wyoming during the mid sixties. Josh has produced quite a few suddenly new bills fans around laramie which i guess would be expected. But i think if the broncos and bills were playing for the chance to go to a super bowl then i think the new bandwagon bills fans around here would quickly go back to rooting for their favorite team which is the broncos. Once Josh is done in buffalo you won't ever see another bills flag waving around laramie any longer.
I've been a Bills fan since the late 80s. I only know one other person in Laramie who was a Bills fan before they drafted Allen, and she grew up in Buffalo (NY). Anyone else wearing an Allen jersey in Laramie is just another disgruntled Broncos fan.

They're close to being a SB team, but just aren't there yet. The defense has talent. Now they need a better DC. The offense needs a few offensive linemen. With the deap threat they pose there's no excuse for not being able to run the ball.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:02 am I am not sure what to think of the Bills. I was thinking they need a major rebuild, like firing both coordinators and getting rid of many players and doing a major refresh, but on the other hand they have faced a lot this year. Bills just looked tired and "done". No fire, no enthusiasm, no joy. I think the Hamlin thing finally exacted its toll, along with the insane snowstorms that killed a fair number of people, the weird travel, the cancelling of a game and moving it to Detroit, the mass shooting in buffalo, the punter/rapist thing, the Miller injury, the Hyde injury, I think there's been more adversity too I am not mentioning. Perhaps it was all just too much to overcome. I don't know. I do know the lines, on both sides of the ball suck. Once Miller went down, the Bills had zero pass rush, and the O line can't protect worth a damn. Blow it up? Or just try to patch the shaky lines and 'run it back'? Tough choices ahead for the Bills.
No doubt, it was a long season with lots of distractions.

They have some obvious holes. A lot will depend on who they think will continue to develop. White, Milano, and Knox have proved to be good draft picks. The jury is still out on a few others like Epenesa, Shakir, and, to some extent, Edmunds. The salary cap is going to loom large in the decisions on who to keep.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Plus I think Josh is dealing with an elbow injury, which didn’t help.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

flyfishwyo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:41 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:02 am I am not sure what to think of the Bills. I was thinking they need a major rebuild, like firing both coordinators and getting rid of many players and doing a major refresh, but on the other hand they have faced a lot this year. Bills just looked tired and "done". No fire, no enthusiasm, no joy. I think the Hamlin thing finally exacted its toll, along with the insane snowstorms that killed a fair number of people, the weird travel, the cancelling of a game and moving it to Detroit, the mass shooting in buffalo, the punter/rapist thing, the Miller injury, the Hyde injury, I think there's been more adversity too I am not mentioning. Perhaps it was all just too much to overcome. I don't know. I do know the lines, on both sides of the ball suck. Once Miller went down, the Bills had zero pass rush, and the O line can't protect worth a damn. Blow it up? Or just try to patch the shaky lines and 'run it back'? Tough choices ahead for the Bills.

They have some obvious holes. A lot will depend on who they think will continue to develop. White, Milano, and Knox have proved to be good draft picks. The jury is still out on a few others like Epenesa, Shakir, and, to some extent, Edmunds. The salary cap is going to loom large in the decisions on who to keep.
Edmunds is going to be expensive. They paid Milano, need to pay Knox, need to pay shakir (I like him). Epenesa sucks, let him walk. It’s going to be tough because Josh’s gigantic contract kicks in next year, I think
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:22 pm

Edmunds is going to be expensive. They paid Milano, need to pay Knox, need to pay shakir (I like him). Epenesa sucks, let him walk. It’s going to be tough because Josh’s gigantic contract kicks in next year, I think
It seems like Edmunds struggles in coverage sometimes. Maybe it's the scheme, maybe it's because he's 6'5". There's a lot to like about his game.

Shakir is young, and we saw what he can do every time he played against the Pokes. It says a lot that they brought Beasly back late in the season. That's the role I would expect Shakir to fit in to. Same for the DEs that they needed Miller.

Beane has his work cut out for him figuring out the right mix of players to get to the next level, and still paying Allen's contract.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:22 am
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:13 am If I'm in a room with 50 other nfl fans from our area 49 of them are die hard broncos fans. The only one who isn't would be me! I've been a Patriots fan since 1970 coming from a family of patriots fans who moved from vermont and out to wyoming during the mid sixties. Josh has produced quite a few suddenly new bills fans around laramie which i guess would be expected. But i think if the broncos and bills were playing for the chance to go to a super bowl then i think the new bandwagon bills fans around here would quickly go back to rooting for their favorite team which is the broncos. Once Josh is done in buffalo you won't ever see another bills flag waving around laramie any longer.
I've been a Bills fan since the late 80s. I only know one other person in Laramie who was a Bills fan before they drafted Allen, and she grew up in Buffalo (NY). Anyone else wearing an Allen jersey in Laramie is just another disgruntled Broncos fan.

They're close to being a SB team, but just aren't there yet. The defense has talent. Now they need a better DC. The offense needs a few offensive linemen. With the deap threat they pose there's no excuse for not being able to run the ball.
Very well put. Frustrated Broncos fans hopping on the JA bandwagon. Then again if Josh had been drafted by the Dolphins, the Panthers, the Saints or any other team we'd be seeing those teams logos throughout Laramie.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

That make a lot of sense. The Bills as a team looked flat and emotionally drained. The coaching staff definitely got outcoached as well. I have seen and read all Joe Burrow love in the national media but he was doing it against a defense which was allowing wide open receivers down field and huge running lanes. The Bills offense never got untracked due to poor blocking and worse play calling.
I think just sheer emotional exhaustion also play a huge factor in the outcome.
With Mahomes hurt, the Bengals have a great shot winning in KC and going back to the Super Bowl.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I am super excited for Logan. I have just have issues with some of the Bengals players.

I can't stand Joe Mixon. Anyone who punches a woman and breaks her face is dead to me.

Some people are loving the Burrow attitude. I think he comes across as a punk. Not impressed.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

djm19 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:05 am I am super excited for Logan. I have just have issues with some of the Bengals players.

I can't stand Joe Mixon. Anyone who punches a woman and breaks her face is dead to me.

Some people are loving the Burrow attitude. I think he comes across as a punk. Not impressed.
I will be cheering for the Bengals ONLY because of Logan, but I agree. They have some real buttwipes on their team. Throw Eli Apple in there, too. He mocked Damar Hamlin in a tweet after the game. Classy! Burrow thinks he's sooo cool. Give me a player like Josh with his attitude and personality all day every day
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I would not pay Edmunds. I've never seen him make a "play" in all the games i've watched. Sure, he's probably solid but he's not worth big money. Epenesa isn't good. I wouldn't pay Knox either. I think you can find someone with his talent pretty easy. I think Shakir will be good. Poyer needs to be signed.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:06 am
I would not pay Edmunds. I've never seen him make a "play" in all the games i've watched. Sure, he's probably solid but he's not worth big money. Epenesa isn't good. I wouldn't pay Knox either. I think you can find someone with his talent pretty easy. I think Shakir will be good. Poyer needs to be signed.
I think Edmunds will be too expensive and I agree, solid, but nothing special. I would pay Knox. I think he's a great player. Some say Poyer is too old, but I would roll with him and Hyde (if he is healthy) one more year.

Ed Oliver is another. Mildly disappointing. I would try to trade him as I think he does have some value on the market. Certainly doesn't justify big money going forward past his rookie deal.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

It is up to MARCUS EPPS to bring home the Lombardi. I think the Eagles can get it done.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:48 pm It is up to MARCUS EPPS to bring home the Lombardi. I think the Eagles can get it done.
I think the only time Epps was on the screen was when McCafferty jumped over him at the line. It would have been awesome to see both Epps and Wilson in the Super Bowl. Not a fan either team so will hope mostly for a good game.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Bills are $19M over the cap and haven't signed Poyer/Edmunds/Singletary yet. Bills might be in for a rough patch
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:00 am Bills are $19M over the cap and haven't signed Poyer/Edmunds/Singletary yet. Bills might be in for a rough patch
This is what happens when you spend huge amounts on a poop, under performing D line.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:22 am Anyone else wearing an Allen jersey in Laramie is just another disgruntled Broncos fan.
Not true.

Some of us are disgruntled Raiders fans. Lmao.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:39 am
flyfishwyo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:22 am Anyone else wearing an Allen jersey in Laramie is just another disgruntled Broncos fan.
Not true.

And some of us never had a team to really root for either, and didn't want to jump on the Donk's bandwagon.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:23 am
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:39 am

Not true.

And some of us never had a team to really root for either, and didn't want to jump on the Donk's bandwagon.
In all fairness, the Steelers were still good when Allen signed with Bills and I got his jersey
W-Y, Until I Die!