Graham Ike to miss 6-8 weeks with a lower leg injury.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 50 times

stymeman wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:40 pm Enough is enough what is the official un top scert injury?????
Probably a stress fracture. That's not official, just my best guess based on what I've heard. It's been suggested by some in the press.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:50 pm
stymeman wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:40 pm Enough is enough what is the official un top scert injury?????
Probably a stress fracture. That's not official, just my best guess based on what I've heard. It's been suggested by some in the press.
That would make the MOST sense, but several other things are possible: Achilles strain, low-grade Lis Franc, turf toe, partial fracture (other than a stress fracture), high ankle sprain, etc.

Any of those could fit the pattern of long-term boot use with easy possibility of setbacks.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

He won't play this year, nor will it make a difference
Coloradochaos30
Buckaroo

How long Wenzell out now too? Atleast Reynolds should be back this weekend right?
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Coloradochaos30 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:41 pm How long Wenzell out now too? Atleast Reynolds should be back this weekend right?
I read somewhere 2-3 weeks, but can't seem to find the article.
Coloradochaos30
Buckaroo

Did they give injury updates on tv?
Coloradochaos30
Buckaroo

Paper said Maldonado might have to go to hospital is he ok?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Coloradochaos30 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:57 pm Paper said Maldonado might have to go to hospital is he ok?
University released a statement yesterday that he was ok and feeling better.
Coloradochaos30
Buckaroo

Might as well hold him out this week for safety and play some young guys. Is Wenzell back or atleast one of Kyman/Foster/Thompson?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Coloradochaos30 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:52 am Might as well hold him out this week for safety and play some young guys. Is Wenzell back or atleast one of Kyman/Foster/Thompson?
Foster is out for the year most likely. Thompson has to miss a minimum of several weeks under NCAA rules for mono diagnosis.

Kyman was dressed for last game and sprinted across the court during every TV timeout and was on the bike at various periods. I assume he is available.

No official word on Wenzel that I am aware of. He didn't appear to be close to returning last game.

Not sure who the other 'young guys' that we would play who aren't already getting playing time (Powell, Barnhart). Maybe put in the walk-ons Talich and Roberson.
Coloradochaos30
Buckaroo

No NCAA rule for being out with Mono but general medical
Guidelines is 5 weeks I guess.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Coloradochaos30 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:34 am No NCAA rule for being out with Mono but general medical
Usually minimum is 3 weeks. But to truly know, an ultrasound of the spleen can be done to see if it is still swollen.

Odd though, I thought Thompson already had mono a couple years ago. While not impossible to get it again, it is rare.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Does the mono bug just live in a deep dark corner in Laramie and comes out every winter to nab our UW basketball team....??? Grrrrr we need to find its lair of existence and kill it once and for all...ooops i thought i was playing an intense video game for a moment. Glad i never got Mono somewhere in the depths over in Laradise when I was in school back in the day, or maybe i did and its a recyclable monster...lol
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:26 pm
Coloradochaos30 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:34 am No NCAA rule for being out with Mono but general medical
Usually minimum is 3 weeks. But to truly know, an ultrasound of the spleen can be done to see if it is still swollen.

Odd though, I thought Thompson already had mono a couple years ago. While not impossible to get it again, it is rare.
Not only did he have it once, he's had it twice before this bout. That's got to be so rare that it's of medical interest at this point.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

There is chatter Ike could actually return this season. I am surprised. Would be cool to see us go on a major run with him back.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:04 am There is chatter Ike could actually return this season. I am surprised. Would be cool to see us go on a major run with him back.
I watched him pretty intently during warmups against CSU while he was grabbing rebounds underneath the rim. No boot and he didn't seem to have any hesitation on the foot.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:32 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:04 am There is chatter Ike could actually return this season. I am surprised. Would be cool to see us go on a major run with him back.
I watched him pretty intently during warmups against CSU while he was grabbing rebounds underneath the rim. No boot and he didn't seem to have any hesitation on the foot.
11 games left. If he returns, and plays in the Pokes last ???? games, does that mean his career at WYO is over, and he moves onto the NBA / Pro's?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:43 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:32 am

11 games left. If he returns, and plays in the Pokes last ???? games, does that mean his career at WYO is over, and he moves onto the NBA / Pro's?
I believe he has another year (the COVID year) even if he plays this year....maybe even 2 years if I am counting right. I can't imagine entering the draft at this point without a full season to show scouts his durability.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:48 am
McPeachy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:43 am

I believe he has another year (the COVID year) even if he plays this year....maybe even 2 years if I am counting right. I can't imagine entering the draft at this point without a full season to show scouts his durability.
He could play for another 3 years at UW I believe. But I didn't expect him to be in the Brown & Gold past this season, after he destroyed the conference. That didn't happen, as we all know, and now comes this conundrum. I watch him specifically after games in the hand-shake line with the other teams...lots of respect, lots of hugging. I came to the assumption that wasn't a good sign.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:49 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:48 am

He could play for another 3 years at UW I believe. But I didn't expect him to be in the Brown & Gold past this season, after he destroyed the conference. That didn't happen, as we all know, and now comes this conundrum. I watch him specifically after games in the hand-shake line with the other teams...lots of respect, lots of hugging. I came to the assumption that wasn't a good sign.
Good observation. But it just seems to me that big time programs are going to be hesitant to throw a lot of NIL money his way coming off the injury and no way would he declare coming off the injury. It will be interesting to follow.