Sebastian Harsh

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

I have been incredibly negative about Wyoming football and the University as a whole. That said, I am really excited to see what Mr. Harsh can do for us next year. I am hesitant to put too many eggs in the Harsh basket, as he is coming off of a year of surgery, rehab and stagnation. However, Bohl does know defensive talent and he was effusive with praise about Sebastian in the Spring. Lost in all of the discussion of transfers, the portal and recruiting is the reality that we get him back next year. I hate that Omoshoto (?) transferred, but I think that Harsh is gonna be a great Poke to watch next season.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I believe Sebastian had a major knee injury in HS too. Hope he can come back full stregth
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I think Wyoming’s defensive line next year (assuming no further transfers) will be it’s best ever. Braden Siders, DeVonne Harris, Cole Godbout, Jordan Bertagnole, Gavin Meyer…all of those guys have shown the talent to potentially be in an NFL training camp someday. Braden Siders was Superman in the bowl game.

And now we should add a healthy Harsh and Keelan Cox to that group too…

Hell, there is a case to be made that Omotosho May have struggled for playing time with this group.

Please no more injuries and this group stays…because it will be fun to watch!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:48 am I think Wyoming’s defensive line next year (assuming no further transfers) will be it’s best ever. Braden Siders, DeVonne Harris, Cole Godbout, Jordan Bertagnole, Gavin Meyer…all of those guys have shown the talent to potentially be in an NFL training camp someday. Braden Siders was Superman in the bowl game.

Hell, there is a case to be made that Omotosho May have struggled for playing time with this group.

A young DE that I'm hoping to hear good things about is Kevin Sjogren
https://gowyo.com/sports/football/roste ... ogren/7782

The nicklebacks, LBs and safeties will be stout too. We get TJ Urban and Koa McIntyre back from injury at S, along with White returning, and you've got Buck Coors coming back from injury, along with Wrook Brown and Wyatt Eckler who both can play. The only semi question mark on the defense are the CBs, but I think we're fine there, even with the loss of stone.

RB is absolutely stacked along with TE and the o line should be solid. LOTS of good position groups on the pokes.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:07 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:48 am I think Wyoming’s defensive line next year (assuming no further transfers) will be it’s best ever. Braden Siders, DeVonne Harris, Cole Godbout, Jordan Bertagnole, Gavin Meyer…all of those guys have shown the talent to potentially be in an NFL training camp someday. Braden Siders was Superman in the bowl game.

A young DE that I'm hoping to hear good things about is Kevin Sjogren
https://gowyo.com/sports/football/roste ... ogren/7782

The nicklebacks, LBs and safeties will be stout too. We get TJ Urban and Koa McIntyre back from injury at S, along with White returning, and you've got Buck Coors coming back from injury, along with Wrook Brown and Wyatt Eckler who both can play. The only semi question mark on the defense are the CBs, but I think we're fine there, especially with the great luck we happened upon when Stone quit on his team before the bowl game.

RB is absolutely stacked along with TE and the o line should be solid. LOTS of good position groups on the pokes.
FIFY...cool game name, but not a great corner by any means. And he quit on his team before the last game. f-word him.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

The defense...particularly the line, maybe not so much the backend...is one area I'm never worried about with Bohl and am always excited for. The way Bohl and company consistently identify (and more importantly, develop) defensive talent is insane. That's certainly his wheelhouse and always has been.

I'm still not sold on how Sawvel and Boyd manage the secondary though, and I still think overall it's a step down from the direct Bohl tree that we've had in the past (Hazelton/Dickert). But we'll see. The line, edge, and mid are always guaranteed to be solid.