Bohl's final thoughts on the season

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:13 am
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:24 am

I must've somehow missed all the championships and 9+ win seasons we had with Josh Allen or Levi Williams then....

Both QBs were prototypical pro-style QBs that had great deep balls and high mobility, while having talented "Neyor-style" receivers at their disposal (that they connected with often), NFL talent throughout the team, and managing running games that were among the best in the MW.

Yet the best result we have is a Potato Bowl win from one and an Arizona Bowl win from the other.

(Sure, we had a championship appearance under Allen, but it was in a bizarre year that took a tiebreaker....and we proceeded to end the year on a three game losing streak that included both the championship and the bowl game.)

I'm not saying that a different scheme and QB coach would have made TVW a star (by god, that dude was hopeless). But I'm saying that everybody immediately pointing the finger at the QBs is showing a rather superficial understanding of the game.
If you're right, Levi will light it up next year. Wanna make a bet?
I’ll take that bet. I don’t even think Levi will be the starter.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:51 am

Shhh, I wnat to see if his high football iq will walk him into this bet ;)
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

You guys are literally waiting for a QB with more raw talent than Josh feaking Allen to show up in Laramie.

Sorry, but that makes my point for me....red herrings and disingenuous arguments aside.

Good luck on waiting for QBJesus to show up.

In the meantime, I'll be placing the blame where it actually belongs: on the coaching staff, and on an offensive philosophy that continually and permanently stunts these young men's development.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:06 pm You guys are literally waiting for a QB with more raw talent than Josh feaking Allen to show up in Laramie.

Sorry, but that makes my point for me....red herrings and disingenuous arguments aside.

In the meantime, I'll be placing the blame where it actually belongs: on the coaching staff, and on an offensive philosophy that continually and permanently stunts these young men's development.
LOL at QB Jesus showing up.....but joking aside...I think all of these things can be true and any one of them will keep us from a MWC championship.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:06 pm You guys are literally waiting for a QB with more raw talent than Josh feaking Allen to show up in Laramie.

How about staying on point. Would Peasley or Levi excel elsewhere? Bohl can't recruit qbs? Agreed. Bohl can't develop qbs? Agreed. Bohl's offense is limiting qbs? Disagree.

Pretty simple.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:52 pm How about staying on point. Would Peasley or Levi excel elsewhere? Bohl can't recruit qbs? Agreed. Bohl can't develop qbs? Agreed. Bohl's offense is limiting qbs? Disagree.

Pretty simple.
I have stayed on point; I've simply made multiple arguments in support of the same point and nuance is apparently hard for some on this board. Additionally, I've noticed that some of you completely ignore some points made when they don't fit your narrative.

And if you've been paying attention, I have addressed that specific point even. Peasley looked much better in his limited playing time at USU; the only reason he was stuck as the backup is because Bonner was Anderson's "guy" and Anderson was as stubborn as Bohl. It was a HUGE gripe of USU fans all season long, and they spent half the season screaming for Peasley to start. And they were severely disappointed when he transferred, and wished him nothing but the best. He was well liked for what he did within the circumstances he faced, and he played a pivotal part in holding the team together and helping them get to the championship in spite of Bonner's injuries and inconsistency.

Again, it would do some of you good to step outside of your bubble and be involved in discussion boards and outlets outside of this one. Maybe even watch some games besides Wyoming football.

As for Levi, that's a disingenuous argument from the start because he transferred to a program that already had an established coach's favorite in Bonner (as mentioned above), and Legas absolutely balled out when given the opportunity. Why in the world would Anderson randomly hand the reigns the Williams, even if the kid did outstanding in camps/practice?

But moreover, we don't even know how committed Levi is to football at this point. he knew the situation he was transferring into and went anyway, and we know for a fact that at least a small part of his decision was based on the fact that his longtime girlfriend was a star athlete at USU.

There are way too many variables and unknowns in Levi's situation to even go there at this point, and the result literally doesn't even move the needle on the last DECADE of Bohl's offensive failures.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Peasley was recruited by usu and Portland state. He didn't see the field much because the other guy is better. Yeah, Anderson sat the best player that gave them the best chance to win because he's stubborn, lmao. Sheesh.

Peasley wouldn't start at most fbs programs. That's a fact. Levi is a 3rd string qb at another mwc program and would have been a starter at uw if he stayed.

Lack of qb development doesn't help but facts are facts.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Watching USU and Fresno St and I get to say I’m right.

I do wonder if Levi regrets his decision to transfer.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:47 pm

I haven't paid attention. Levi isn't a starter I'm guessing
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:54 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:47 pm

Indeed.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:39 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:54 pm

Indeed.
Shocking. Did he at least get 2nd string? Apparently wasn't Bohl holding him back.