Graham Ike to miss 6-8 weeks with a lower leg injury.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Not a great way to start the season.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Any time we have something good going, it is a kick to the balls. It is so hard being a Wyoming fan. Hope he can make it back earlier than expected with the big games against Dayton and Saint Marys coming up. Huge bummer.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Grrrrr....aaarghhh, grrrrrrr, damn it...come strong at conference time, we seem to not be able to have nice things, grrrrr
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Unbelievable. We can't have anything nice.

Get well soon, Graham! No need to rush back.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Last time we had a tourney team returning., we lost Bailey. Nance team was almost all seniors. Kick in the balls. Feel bad for ike. Seemed like he was really primed for this season
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

FML

Preseason MWC player of the year, out for all of Nov & Dec. MUFU!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Well fu……ddruckers.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Bringing this one back and such a hush hush on what is actually wrong has me leaning towards this season for Graham is not looking good, unfortunately. Anyone else have any knowledge and will he play conference games in 23???....i hope so but i also have my reservations as well. Too much mystery for my liking!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:46 pm Bringing this one back and such a hush hush on what is actually wrong has me leaning towards this season for Graham is not looking good, unfortunately. Anyone else have any knowledge and will he play conference games in 23???....i hope so but i also have my reservations as well. Too much mystery for my liking!!
I would imagine he's done for the season. I hate the hush hush crap. Wish they would just tell us wtf is going on with Graham's status.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 50 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:46 pm Bringing this one back and such a hush hush on what is actually wrong has me leaning towards this season for Graham is not looking good, unfortunately. Anyone else have any knowledge and will he play conference games in 23???....i hope so but i also have my reservations as well. Too much mystery for my liking!!
I don't have any inside knowledge, but from what I've read and heard I'm assuming he has a stress fracture in either his lower leg or foot. Those tend not to heal on a predictable timeline.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:08 pm
I don't have any inside knowledge, but from what I've read and heard I'm assuming he has a stress fracture in either his lower leg or foot. Those tend not to heal on a predictable timeline.
Hopefully he mends perfectly, and returns for another year to showcase his talents in 2023-24. If he returns in Feb (or later in January) he likely will be able to showcase his NBA skills then, and will be a goner to the NBA. :cry:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 50 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:14 am
flyfishwyo wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:08 pm

Hopefully he mends perfectly, and returns for another year to showcase his talents in 2023-24. If he returns in Feb (or later in January) he likely will be able to showcase his NBA skills then, and will be a goner to the NBA. :cry:
Seems like sitting out the whole year and getting entirely healthy and staying injury-free next year would really help his draft stock. Teams seem to be taking availability into account more when they look at potential role players. That might be one of the reasons they're keeping the specifics of the injury so quiet.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Gotta remember he also missed his entire senior year with an ACL tear. Not an NBA scout by any means, but combine that with missing a huge chunk of a season due to mystery leg injury and his draft stock is probably nowhere near what it could be with a full healthy season. Hoping for a strong 2023.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

I'm thinking this has already been a flush it 22-23 year unfortunately. Altitude of coaches and players say it all...no tourney hope for 23
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

stymeman wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:11 am I'm thinking this has already been a flush it 22-23 year unfortunately. Altitude of coaches and players say it all...no tourney hope for 23
The body language on the bench row speaks volumes.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Coloradochaos30
Buckaroo

Is Ike ever returning or how long is he expected to be out? I am not buying any more individual tickets until they tell us. I’ll support team either way, but keeping us in the dark is messed up in my humble opinion. He should just red shirt this year, get extra NIL money and be happy because can make more money playing here then overseas almost.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Yeah the top secretness of his leg/foot status was truly not handled very well. Call it what is is/was, a stress fracture and move along......Its too bad Maldo hasn't taken the team under his wing....he probably wishes he hadn't come back. If Graham does come back he won't be a MWPOY caliber of player, unfortunately....all things will take time to gel.... Beat the Asstecs but I don't see it happening unfortunately
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

You guys do realize that if the player doesn't want their injury information discussed then it would be illegal for the coaches/university to do so.

Also, many injuries have a very broad timeline, so it's hard for the coaches to relay what that timeline is when no one (including the athlete or medical personnel) even knows what it is.

Don't know if either of those situations are what is in play here, but both are perfectly reasonable explanations for the silence.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Ike still has the boot on today.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Enough is enough what is the official un top scert injury?????