Signing Day

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:12 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:58 pm

Neyor? Your shtick is old and worn out more so than Bohl's offense. Think about that.
Neyor transferred. You’re kidding right? This team hasn’t had a functioning passing offense in four years. It’s leading receiver catches 25 balls for 300 yards in a season. You think kids are lining up for that? You can’t be serious.
What is evident over the past decade or so is that you are the first person to trash the program and players after every loss but are nowhere to be found after a win. I imagine everyone enjoys you for the holidays as well.

As Ragtime so eloquently states, your schtick is old and worn out.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Looking at the class, I think the group at UW did as good a job as any year. We will see how it rolls through spring football and the late signing class, but after all was said and done yesterday - I am optimistic. Go Pokes, and welcome all you new Cowboys! Ride for the Brand!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

McPeachy wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:04 am Looking at the class, I think the group at UW did as good a job as any year. We will see how it rolls through spring football and the late signing class, but after all was said and done yesterday - I am optimistic. Go Pokes, and welcome all you new Cowboys! Ride for the Brand!
Agreed and well said!

What I noticed is that the High School prospects all appear to be real D1 prospects and not a bunch of fringe guys that we have seen in the past to fill out a class. It looks like Bohl and staff want to have flexibility to bring in additional players as the transfer portal continues to shake out (and maybe add a few more HS players that went overlooked later on).

I just wish we would largely ignore Texas.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:40 am

Neyor transferred. You’re kidding right? This team hasn’t had a functioning passing offense in four years. It’s leading receiver catches 25 balls for 300 yards in a season. You think kids are lining up for that? You can’t be serious.
What is evident over the past decade or so is that you are the first person to trash the program and players after every loss but are nowhere to be found after a win. I imagine everyone enjoys you for the holidays as well.

Sorry, my mistake. We have the best passing offense in the country. That better?
Now you address what I said. Why would a receiver want to play in this offense?
Last edited by SDPokeFan on Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

SDPoke raises a legitimate question when he wonders why a highly regarded wide receiver prospect would choose Wyoming if he has other offers given the state of the offensive system we run. As for that quarterback they locked in on, I've seen his high school highlights and unless I'm missing something I don't see anything special. His release is almost slow-motion. Right now we had better hope that Evan Svoboda is the real deal and that the coaching staff gives him a legit opportunity to win the job next season.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

He's not wrong though.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:07 pm

He's not wrong though.
Neither is Oredigger. SDPokeFan ONLY pops up when the team (take your pick) takes a bad loss. Otherwise, he's pretty much a no-show.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I congratulate the team all the time after wins. But you’d better believe I’m going to do it after every win next year, so some people will have to find a new reason to deflect my perfectly legitimate concern and questions.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:47 pm

Sorry, my mistake. We have the best passing offense in the country. That better?
Now you address what I said. Why would a receiver want to play in this offense?
Neyor signed here. Reality is that the pool of limited recruits available to WYO probably aren't as swayed by the offense as you think. The Josh Allen years didn't get us a bunch of receivers. Could a kid look at UW and think "I'm not getting touches so I'm going elsewhere."? Sure, but I doubt it's really that prevalent with the pool we have access to. We aren't exactly accepting applications for o-line or rb or d. If what you say is fact, the street runs both ways.

Like I said, your shtick is as old and stale as Bohl's offense.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.