GCU

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

So many empty possessions.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

Ugh, that’s all
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Turnover leads to an and-1. We’re f-word terrible.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

We suck. Just not a good team. Losing by ten at home is a joke. What are we now2-5 against real teams?
Last edited by LanderPoke on Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Another abysmal shooting performance.

Pathetic. Good thing Maldo has a solid path to follow beyond basketball.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I don't understand what happened to this team. Losing even your best player shouldn't make the team horrific. I thought these transfers were good? This team can't shoot for poop.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Subcanis wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:01 pm Another abysmal shooting performance.

Pathetic. Good thing Maldo has a solid path to follow beyond basketball.
Good heavens Maldonado was awful in the second half. Holy crap
Last edited by LanderPoke on Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

SDPokeFan wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:05 pm I don't understand what happened to this team. Losing even your best player shouldn't make the team horrific. I thought these transfers were good? This team can't shoot for Sh#t.
In my worst dreams I didn’t think we’d be this bad. Losing one player, no matter how good, shouldn’t be an excuse for this level of sucking. Really bad job by the coaching staff and players. Two giant thumbs down so far this year
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

With the unknown of when or if Ike will return, over or under on 12 wins this season? Even if Ike comes back he may be on limited minutes till his stamina comes back.

I think we only win one more in non conference and we head into conference play at 4-8. I think going 8-10 in conference is a tall order at this point.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:20 pm With the unknown of when or if Ike will return, over or under on 12 wins this season? Even if Ike comes back he may be on limited minutes till his stamina comes back.

I think we only win one more in non conference and we head into conference play at 4-8. I think going 8-10 in conference is a tall order at this point.
Even with Ike back is this season salvageable? We stink
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:18 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:05 pm I don't understand what happened to this team. Losing even your best player shouldn't make the team horrific. I thought these transfers were good? This team can't shoot for Sh#t.
In my worst dreams I didn’t think we’d be this bad. Losing one player, no matter how good, shouldn’t be an excuse for this level of sucking. Really bad job by the coaching staff and players. Two giant thumbs down so far this year
On the plus side, looks like I’ll save a ton of time and money this season. #silverlining
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Subcanis wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:22 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:18 pm
On the plus side, looks like I’ll save a ton of time and money this season. #silverlining
My dumb a** will be there because I’m a sucker. I bought two extra season tickets because I thought we’d be awesome and have a memorable season. Lmao. I should have know. We are wyoming
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Anybody else remember Ugo Udezue? He was never the same after coming back from his injury. Then there was Marcus Bailey. It’s always something with the Cowboys. Apparently there was a reason for the transfers this year. They just weren’t that good and we can’t avoid injuries.

Linder is a genius. What do we have to do to keep him? Not much now.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:26 pm Anybody else remember Ugo Udezue? He was never the same after coming back from his injury. Then there was Marcus Bailey. It’s always something with the Cowboys. Apparently there was a reason for the transfers this year. They just weren’t that good and we can’t avoid injuries.

And this program seems to have an inordinate amount of injuries for a basketball team. Seems like more injuries than the football team.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:26 pm Anybody else remember Ugo Udezue? He was never the same after coming back from his injury. Then there was Marcus Bailey. It’s always something with the Cowboys. Apparently there was a reason for the transfers this year. They just weren’t that good and we can’t avoid injuries.

Does Ike have a cousin? We could use another Uche.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:30 pm

And this program seems to have an inordinate amount of injuries for a basketball team. Seems like more injuries than the football team.
Add to that all the cramping issues. S&C seems to be missing the mark for sure.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Grand Canyon’s best player didn’t even play today.

We suck bad.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Everyone keeps saying Linder is a genius. Now is his time to prove it
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:37 pm Grand Canyon’s best player didn’t even play today.

We suck bad.
I remember hearing that Linder does an obscene amount of live 5 v 5 basketball. Could this be the reason our guys are constantly injured ? Ike has a chronic use injury. Seems our guys could be overworked and prone to injury because of it.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:04 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:37 pm Grand Canyon’s best player didn’t even play today.

We suck bad.
I remember hearing that Linder does an obscene amount of live 5 v 5 basketball. Could this be the reason our guys are constantly injured ? Ike has a chronic use injury. Seems our guys could be overworked and prone to injury because of it.
My understanding of these use injuries are that they are not a thing for guys this age regardless of how many minutes you play them....I think it crops up later in their careers. (I'm not an expert in sports medicine..so take my opinion with a grain of salt)

No matter how you analyze this...the non-Ike, non-Maldo guys are just sixth man quality. Whatever Linder does with them, it's not going to look pretty unless we get those two guys on the floor at the same time. Maldo by himself can win you some games but not against top teams.