Titus Swen dismissed from Cowboy football

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

djm19 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:31 pm The number of people patronizing his Twitter right now is silly.

My opinion has always been my loyalty is to Wyoming football. Not the coach. Not a player.

Seeing Pokes fans comment to him, "You deserve so much more" is ridiculous. More than what? A scholarship? An opportunity? A chance to succeed? Being THEE featured player in a run first offense every play just so you can move on to something "bigger and better?" GTHOH with that nonsense. Wyo gave him a chance that no one else did.

I do wish him the best. But my loyalty to the Pokes will always come first. I'm not going to patronize a player who may not want to be here anyway. Despite any coaching issues or whatever. It's all noise.

I will always respect Swen. He did so much for the Cowboys. But I'm all in on the next guy who will be afforded that same scholarship and opportunity.

And yes, I still agree that Bohl can't connect with players. Swen will be fine.
My attitude has always been and will always be SCEW 'EM if they don't want to be a part of the Wyoming Cowboys football program.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

I do not get it . Swen may have told Bohl he did not want to risk additional injury in a bowl game and was entering the portal but dismissal seems a bad move as far as team morale. Better to have simply said OK and keep it quiet until after the bowl game if possible. The rest of the team would of course know what is going on but Swen and Bohl bot would save face.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

doreno5 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:16 pm I do not get it . Swen may have told Bohl he did not want to risk additional injury in a bowl game and was entering the portal but dismissal seems a bad move as far as team morale. Better to have simply said OK and keep it quiet until after the bowl game if possible. The rest of the team would of course know what is going on but Swen and Bohl bot would save face.
I agree. That's why I believe that there is more to the story.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

doreno5 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:16 pm I do not get it . Swen may have told Bohl he did not want to risk additional injury in a bowl game and was entering the portal but dismissal seems a bad move as far as team morale. Better to have simply said OK and keep it quiet until after the bowl game if possible. The rest of the team would of course know what is going on but Swen and Bohl bot would save face.
There is more to this. Coaches are being so closely watched now that no way Bohl comes out with a statement, alleging someone violated team rules, if there wasn't some level of truth. And entering the transfer portal isn't violating team rules.

Releasing that info formally through a statement would surely have legal eyes on it. That tells me there has to be some level of truth to "violating team rules." If not, they wouldn't put that in there in fear of possible defamatory.

My speculation 101 is
Swen's frustration was mounting
He already had a foot out the door
He voiced opinion
Coaches took it for awhile
Swen said or did something possibly more than just voice frustration

Both released statements and now want it to be water under the bridge...basically a bad breakup

With Swen leaving, we went from 290 total yards a game to about 18 total yards a game.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

f-word. That's about all I got. Yeah, I'm still Brown n Gold, but losing the main RB, 1,000 yard rusher on the season before the bowl game? That hurts.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

He wouldn't still be on scholarship if Bohl was out to get him. I can only speculate that it was probably an emotional response mounting from two losses. I bet he thought he could do more and wasn't allowed to, or upset at coaches or teammates - and on more than one occasion.

Its a team sport, and there will always be some frustrations and anger let out. When it becomes too often, it can become infectious in a team. That's when a change has to happen.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Outlaw Arthur Morgan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:03 pm He wouldn't still be on scholarship if Bohl was out to get him. I can only speculate that it was probably an emotional response mounting from two losses. I bet he thought he could do more and wasn't allowed to, or upset at coaches or teammates - and on more than one occasion.

Its a team sport, and there will always be some frustrations and anger let out. When it becomes too often, it can become infectious in a team. That's when a change has to happen.
My guess is that this is generally in line with what happened.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I think McNeely is almost as good if not as good as Swen
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Titus is a douche... thinks he's way better than he actually is, good riddance.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:10 pm At the end of the Boise game, it appeared that Titus was extremely peeved - and had good reason. Watching him run at Fresno - he looked and played differently. It's a big loss.
I noticed this too at the end of the Boise St game - thought then I didn’t think we would see him after this season.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:06 pm Titus is a douche... thinks he's way better than he actually is, good riddance.
You spelled Bohl wrong...
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

cali2wyo wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:35 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:06 pm Titus is a douche... thinks he's way better than he actually is, good riddance.
You spelled Bohl wrong...
Haha, touche
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Sounds like he disagreed with the play calling. Which in the Boise game at the end, I agree with.

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2022/11/28 ... tid=Zxz2cZ
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:39 pm Sounds like he disagreed with the play calling. Which in the Boise game at the end, I agree with.

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2022/11/28 ... tid=Zxz2cZ
Most of us probably do. Either have our excellent kicker tie it up for OT, or hand it off to our RBs that had been having a field day.

And while it certainly sucks, its done and over with. And I'm sure even Bohl is kicking himself (huh, irony there) about the call, but yeah. Gotta move on.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Swen told Cowboy State Daily that he and the team “didn’t see eye to eye when it came to game planning.”
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 21 times

I really doubt there’s more to the story…

I can imagine Swen said he was leaving and not playing in the bowl game, he probably called out Bohls poop offensive philosophy, and Bohl kicked him off the team to set an example to others who he knows want so badly to do the same. The violation of team rules was probably nothing more than daring to question Bohls offensive genius.

Bohls got a huge ego and is clearly incapable of admitting when he’s wrong. If he was capable, he would’ve changed our offense. I bet he knows he’s losing the locker room so he felt he had to come down hard on anyone who dares criticize him on the team.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:33 pm I really doubt there’s more to the story…

I can imagine Swen said he was leaving and not playing in the bowl game, he probably called out Bohls [#]sh#t offensive philosophy, and Bohl kicked him off the team to set an example to others who he knows want so badly to do the same. The violation of team rules was probably nothing more than daring to question Bohls offensive genius.

Bohls got a huge ego and is clearly incapable of admitting when he’s wrong. If he was capable, he would’ve changed our offense. I bet he knows he’s losing the locker room so he felt he had to come down hard on anyone who dares criticize him on the team.
There are so many things to criticize Bohl for...But I hear the ego thing come up a lot. Why? What am I missing? Every college HC (Including FCS) has a MAAAAASSSSIVE ego. Is Bohl's ego super huge? Is this because he's prickly in a presser where he gets asked the wrong question?...again...every coach does that.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:54 pm Swen told Cowboy State Daily that he and the team “didn’t see eye to eye when it came to game planning.”
Not sure his whining. Outside of the Boise State game ending, Titus got the ball 100 times a game.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I will always love my Wyoming Cowboy football dudes in their Wyoming Cowboy uniforms, once thats over for being kicked off team, graduating, or NFL, my feelings for them are just another person making in this cruel ol world like me...thanks for my short lived memories of ya tho...lol
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

He is likely mad on play calling. Can’t imagine it is fun to run into an 8 person box every rush. He had thr ability to be a Brian Hill type back here but that can’t happen with the way Bohl is running the offense. More balance in the passing game would make him an even better back. Fans can’t make Bohl look in the mirror to reevaluate his offense, I think we may find out if the players can.

That’s your ego from Bohl.