Done. Bye.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

As long as Craig Bohl is the face of UW Athletics, I am officially retiring as a fan and a donor. That was simply inexcusable. Good night, good luck, and good bye.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Normally the retort to this would be some sort of snide "see ya" or quip about "not being a real fan". Lol.

But as I've said elsewhere, I think this was finally the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of folks. This game was 100% on the coaching, playcalling, and recruiting...and was the literal poster child of Bohl's problems over the last 9 seasons. Problems he has refused to address.

Some of us have been calling for Bohl's head for a while because we knew that things weren't going to change, for a number of reasons.

Now that Bohl has 100% blatantly cost us a championship appearance, a lot of people finally opened their eyes. Bohl built up a lot of goodwill in Laramie over the course of several seasons, but he's slowly been siphoning from it it more and more. Last night, on that sideline, he used up the last drop.

Remember, Bohl's salary and bonuses are mostly paid for by boosters/donations/football revenue. And the primary metrics that Burman looks at are ticket and merch sales. The only way anything will change is if those numbers drop back down closer to what they were before 2016.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:00 am Normally the retort to this would be some sort of snide "see ya" or quip about "not being a real fan". Lol.

But as I've said elsewhere, I think this was finally the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of folks. This game was 100% on the coaching, playcalling, and recruiting...and was the literal poster child of Bohl's problems over the last 9 seasons. Problems he has refused to address.

Some of us have been calling for Bohl's head for a while because we knew that things weren't going to change, for a number of reasons.

Now that Bohl has 100% blatantly cost us a championship appearance, a lot of people finally opened their eyes. Bohl built up a lot of goodwill in Laramie over the course of several seasons, but he's slowly been siphoning from it it more and more. Last night, on that sideline, he used up the last drop.

Remember, Bohl's salary and bonuses are mostly paid for by boosters/donations/football revenue. And the primary metrics that Burman looks at are ticket and merch sales. The only way anything will change is if those numbers drop back down closer to what they were before 2016.
All more than credible points but there is no way he's not still on the sidelines next season for game #1.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Maybe Year 10 makes the difference, pending how many stay and leave thru the portal....still upsetting
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:00 am Remember, Bohl's salary and bonuses are mostly paid for by boosters/donations/football revenue. And the primary metrics that Burman looks at are ticket and merch sales. The only way anything will change is if those numbers drop back down closer to what they were before 2016.
If that happens... We are back to an era that is pretty terrible. Is there any way things change without hitting rock bottom?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Keep in mind, had we won , the monumental task of taking down Fresno on the road still loomed
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:20 pm Keep in mind, had we won , the monumental task of taking down Fresno on the road still loomed
And even if we did win in Fresno, we'd have to play them AGAIN a week later in Laramie.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

307bball wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:13 pm
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:00 am Remember, Bohl's salary and bonuses are mostly paid for by boosters/donations/football revenue. And the primary metrics that Burman looks at are ticket and merch sales. The only way anything will change is if those numbers drop back down closer to what they were before 2016.
If that happens... We are back to an era that is pretty terrible. Is there any way things change without hitting rock bottom?
This is the point. It is also why I still think some need to settle down a little. First, we hadn't played games for a championship for a long time before Coach Bohl got here. You can't lose a game for a championship without being good enough to play for one. We are relevant, even in a season when the experts said we were not supposed to be. We haven't really been relevant since the 1990s.

Likewise, if ticket sales and merch sales are higher than they were, they are a sign of how much better off we have been under Coach Bohl than we were before his arrival. They are a true metric of our level of success. If a 0.500 winning percentage is our new floor, then we are demonstrably better than we were.

For those who do want to turn the page then, what does the next step UP from Coach Bohl look like. Change for change's sake is not a step up. We got the top new coordinator when we hired Christensen from Mizzou. We also did the National Champion at Div 1-AA/FCS with Coach Glenn. You don't fire Coach Bohl without having a solid plan in place to upgrade in such a way that additional ticket sales, donations, and merch sales will cover the cost of paying him to not coach.

Last night was discouraging and I am also tired of an anemic passing game. However, for the first time since I graduated, Wyoming is a team that I never assume will be overmatched and will need to rely on luck and trick plays to stay in games against good teams. I don't want to go back to the days of those things as opposed to simply being good enough and powerful enough to stand up to the big boys. We tried gimmick systems before and they didn't work consistently and, when they failed, they failed spectacularly.