Dino Costa

Keep it clean, but this is the place if you want to smack talk!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:32 pm I think he shows up as cheyennegunslinger and asks us stupid questions about Wyoming
Sometimes I really do wonder....
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

I just noticed this and had no idea or any reason to check this side of the board out until I did so out of curiosity right now. First name I see is this guy! I mentioned on the other side of the board that I used to listen to his show when it was here in Laramie and I also mentioned that I happened to meet him at the stadium last year and what a great guy he seemed to be to me. I thought I recognized him and asked him if he was the guy who used to do the radio show and went on to speak with him for about 10 minutes. He had his son with him but took the time to talk with me and almost seemed to be a different guy in person than what I expected him to be in listening to him during that time. I read another post on this thread with someone else who also used to listen to his show when it was on and I have to agree that we will never have a program like the one he did ever again. I found it to be a refreshing program. To have a radio program every day dedicated to nothing but the Pokes I mean goodness talk about being in heaven. Anyhow that's my two cents.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 30 times

Yes, I found his racism directed towards Brian Hill's mom over Twitter to be very refreshing too.
ImageImageImageImage
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:26 pm Yes, I found his racism directed towards Brian Hill's mom over Twitter to be very refreshing too.
I see that you used to listen as well! Not how I remember that but if you are going to bring it up then lets talk about that day. I listened every single day and never missed a show. Not sure how often you did but apparently you listened that day which was the turning point for the program. He reported news that he had received that Brian Hill was leaving after the season and not coming back for his final season. For having the nerve to report such news before Brian Hill actually did so himself he received grief from both Brain and Brian's mother. Again the nerve of him to do something like that. Brian's mother went after him on Twitter and he responded back. Then I remember him announcing that if that was the way it was going to be and if Wyoming fans couldn't handle breaking news then he would end the show. I'll be a rooting tooting Cowboy if that's not exactly what he did. Your claim of racism against him is completely unfounded. About as unfounded as some suggesting a few months ago that I was of all things a BYU plant! That was a great program with great guests and great commentary. What I used to love the most was when he would attend every Monday Bohl press conference and then replay it in pieces and then comment. He gave Wyoming fans a radio program that even the fans of Alabama or any school in the country never had. I'd listen again if he ever went back and did it again.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 30 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:39 pm
MrTitleist wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:26 pm Yes, I found his racism directed towards Brian Hill's mom over Twitter to be very refreshing too.
I see that you used to listen as well! Not how I remember that but if you are going to bring it up then lets talk about that day. I listened every single day and never missed a show. Not sure how often you did but apparently you listened that day which was the turning point for the program. He reported news that he had received that Brian Hill was leaving after the season and not coming back for his final season. For having the nerve to report such news before Brian Hill actually did so himself he received grief from both Brain and Brian's mother. Again the nerve of him to do something like that. Brian's mother went after him on Twitter and he responded back. Then I remember him announcing that if that was the way it was going to be and if Wyoming fans couldn't handle breaking news then he would end the show. I'll be a rooting tooting Cowboy if that's not exactly what he did. Your claim of racism against him is completely unfounded. About as unfounded as some suggesting a few months ago that I was of all things a BYU plant! That was a great program with great guests and great commentary. What I used to love the most was when he would attend every Monday Bohl press conference and then replay it in pieces and then comment. He gave Wyoming fans a radio program that even the fans of Alabama or any school in the country never had. I'd listen again if he ever went back and did it again.
Bud this ain't a road you want to go down. His history is very well documented online.
ImageImageImageImage
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

That is a tremendous response. His history? You mention the Brian Hill thing with his mother and him breaking the story before Hill announced it. Give me a break. His mother called him out and said his report was untrue and Hill announced shortly after that he was leaving proving his report true after all. What was he supposed to do allow Hill and his mother to truck him over and not stand up for himself? And because Hill is black he was supposed to bow down to and coddle Hill because that's what a white guy is supposed to do in this day and age? Yes I said refreshing because not only was the program full of great stuff every day but also because he has a mind of his own and never appeared to be inclined to go along with group think which I guess you are a proud participant. I get sick of all of this kneejerk cries of racism or racist to describe so many people who go their own way and refuse to be raked over by this woke culture. Perhaps he never feels the guilt and the shame of being white as maybe you do when you open your eyes every morning. I never wanted this to be about race. You made it so with your comments with some hit and run he's a racist line with nothing to back up your opinion beyond obviously not liking the guy. Show us the radio program you developed. Then show us how you are certain someone is a racist beyond not liking someone and then conveniently pulling that out of your behind to smear them. Bud.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:07 am I found out he has an online show, patrickryanshow.com and yes i believe he's still in Cheyenne
How the hell did I miss this!? He currently has a show? I went to the website and NOW I understand why some dislike him. He is in Cheyenne now? This is all a little confusing. Any way it looks like he has moved on from the Pokes and is now concentrating on some other things that are maybe just a bit more relevant to these awful times we live in. Anyhow I have said my piece on this and have nothing more to offer except long live pokes radio.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:01 pm
stymeman wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:07 am I found out he has an online show, patrickryanshow.com and yes i believe he's still in Cheyenne
How the hell did I miss this!? He currently has a show? I went to the website and NOW I understand why some dislike him. He isn't for those in the woke! He is in Cheyenne now? This is all a little confusing. Any way it looks like he has moved on from the Pokes and is now concentrating on some other things that are maybe just a bit more relevant to these awful times we live in. Anyhow I have said my piece on this and have nothing more to offer except long live pokes radio.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 207 times

MrTitleist wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:01 pm
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:39 pm

Bud this ain't a road you want to go down. His history is very well documented online.
And his recent return to this board is well documented too in this thread...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Is he still a Pokes fan I wonder??? Is he still in the 307???
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Still nothing???? Quiet on internet too