Border War Seating

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Gents-

I have been to basically every away game stadium in the conference...but Fort Fart. Crazy that I have never been. I am debating flying to DIA Saturday AM and coming home early Sunday morning.

I am fully expecting the Pokes to have homefield advantage in this game. I hope the Cowboy fans flood Canvas. That said, what section should I get tickets? I see that CSU crams the visitor's section in 225 and 226. Any other suggestions?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I have been once. I believe the visitor section is in the upper south east
Last edited by LanderPoke on Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

djm19 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:17 pm Gents-

I have been to basically every away game stadium in the conference...but Fort Fart. Crazy that I have never been. I am debating flying to DIA Saturday AM and coming home early Sunday morning.

I am fully expecting the Pokes to have homefield advantage in this game. I hope the Cowboy fans flood Canvas. That said, what section should I get tickets? I see that CSU crams the visitor's section in 225 and 226. Any other suggestions?
Do it right. You'll be able to get primo 50 yard-line seats on Stubhub. Buy at least two more than you need and don't let any Sheep fans sit in them. Buy candy, popcorn, and sodas for all the kids in a five row by ten seat radius so they like you more than they like their parents. Wear an oversized foam hat and foam fingers to the detriment of the views of those behind you. Always try to buy the last beer from the stadium vendor. Spill one all over the uppity one-time Sheep beauty queen sitting in front of you. Loudly re-tell the story of the Sheep making their way onto the field in Laramie through our student section. Get the Lambikins to pull your finger, fart loudly, and don't apologize. After the game, go out downtown and buy consolation rounds for anyone who'll sing along to The Beer Song. Offer Sheep fans money for their women. Tip a c-note to any bartender who'll sing along to Ragtime Cowboy Joe
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:06 pm

Do it right. You'll be able to get primo 50 yard-line seats on Stubhub. Buy at least two more than you need and don't let any Sheep fans sit in them. Buy candy, popcorn, and sodas for all the kids in a five row by ten seat radius so they like you more than they like their parents. Wear an oversized foam hat and foam fingers to the detriment of the views of those behind you. Always try to buy the last beer from the stadium vendor. Spill one all over the uppity one-time Sheep beauty queen sitting in front of you. Loudly re-tell the story of the Sheep making their way onto the field in Laramie through our student section. Get the Lambikins to pull your finger, fart loudly, and don't apologize. After the game, go out downtown and buy consolation rounds for anyone who'll sing along to The Beer Song. Offer Sheep fans money for their women. Tip a c-note to any bartender who'll sing along to Ragtime Cowboy Joe
Haha....I'm glad I have an hour by hour itinerary!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

There is a general admission area in the south end zone. I believe a lot of Wyo. fans end up there. There will be Wyo. fans strewn throughout the stadium. I usually embarrass my friend by loudly cheering for Wyo. in the csewe section. As someone else pointed out, there will be a lot of tickets available through stubhub. In the past, I bought tickets directly from csewe students off craig's list.
I'm guessing the stadium will be pretty empty. They will be 2-7 and who knows what the weather will be like.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:06 pm

Glorious words have never been written.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Thinking I'll make the trek as haven't been to a UW CSU game at Fort Fun since the night game in 1996 where the snowballs were lobbed at us but lazer beamed back at the whole crowd at Hughes, (a poop i sure dont miss) hope I'll like Canvas
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

If anyone hasn't been to the new sheep pen (Canvas Stadium), it is REALLY nice. They did a solid job on it. Great place to watch a game! I'm very thankful that they built us such a nice south practice field.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Just wait til mid 2nd quarter and you'll have your choice of seat down near the 50 because it will be empty. That's what has happened both times I went.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:18 am Just wait til mid 2nd quarter and you'll have your choice of seat down near the 50 because it will be empty. That's what has happened both times I went.
LOL. Good call and so true. Coming off a bye hopefully will help us. CSU is one of the worst teams in the MWC.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:40 am
'PokeForLife wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:18 am Just wait til mid 2nd quarter and you'll have your choice of seat down near the 50 because it will be empty. That's what has happened both times I went.
LOL. Good call and so true. Coming off a bye hopefully will help us. CSU is one of the worst teams in the COUNTRY.
FIFY
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Parking is gonna be a struggle, or a heck of a hike
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

stymeman wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:54 am Parking is gonna be a struggle, or a heck of a hike
I used that little train thing they have. Was pretty cool .
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

CSU is 11-18 in their new home.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:56 am CSU is 11-18 in their new home.
That's terrible. They should build a new stadium and start over.
I'm good for 3!
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

Cornpoke wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:18 pm
laxwyo wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:56 am CSU is 11-18 in their new home.
That's terrible. They should build a new stadium and start over.
It is not the stadium that is terrible. :thumb:
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:10 am
stymeman wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:54 am Parking is gonna be a struggle, or a heck of a hike
I used that little train thing they have. Was pretty cool .
The tram goes from old town all the way to the Wal-mart at the south end of town. It's great for going to old town on the weekends when parking is impossible to find. There are some parking lots and a parking structure just south and a little east of the stadium - maybe a 1/2 mile walk. They are usually free on weekends but the csewe bloodsucking administrators will have it jacked to the sky.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times

GoPokes86 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:09 am
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:40 am

LOL. Good call and so true. Coming off a bye hopefully will help us. CSU is one of the worst teams in the COUNTRY.
FIFY
Thanks! And you're dam* right. :thumb:
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Feeling like there will be a cornucopia of brown and gold throughout the stadium on Saturday night.
nwpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Sit close enough to midfield so you can see Gibbs channel Ken Fantteti and toss sheep out of the scrum at coinflip. Best. Game. Ever. (We won, of course!)

Enjoy, yall!