WYO vs UNM

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I'll take a road win against UNM anytime regardless of how the win happens. UNM has been a tough game with Bohl vs Rocky.

I'm anxious to see the POKES coming out of the bye. At this point, record is about as good as can be expected. I think the bye will do a lot of good for this young team.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:54 am I'll take a road win against UNM anytime regardless of how the win happens. UNM has been a tough game with Bohl vs Rocky.

I'm anxious to see the POKES coming out of the bye. At this point, record is about as good as can be expected. I think the bye will do a lot of good for this young team.
A young team with the same old play calling. I'm not that bright but I know before every play if we will run or pass. I don't care how much talent you have, it's hard to succeed when the other team knows what you're going to do. The only play that semi surprised me was the wheel route that went for big yardage in the second half.
BTW, this looked like one of the worst New Mexico teams I've ever seen. There is a reason they were picked to finish last in our division.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:34 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:54 am I'll take a road win against UNM anytime regardless of how the win happens. UNM has been a tough game with Bohl vs Rocky.

A young team with the same old play calling. I'm not that bright but I know before every play if we will run or pass. I don't care how much talent you have, it's hard to succeed when the other team knows what you're going to do. The only play that semi surprised me was the wheel route that went for big yardage in the second half.
BTW, this looked like one of the worst New Mexico teams I've ever seen. There is a reason they were picked to finish last in our division.
Yep. I'm rarely surprised by our play calls. We make it so easy on our opponents.

The play sequence where we passed two times in a row for a first down to Welch then Christianson was great. Two short, easy passes. Why the hell don't we do stuff like this all the time. Screw this zone blocking poop where everything has to go perfectly for 7 guys to get a five yard run. Just do short passes until they take that away. We don't even try because Bohl is ... Bohl.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:39 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:34 pm

Yep. I'm rarely surprised by our play calls. We make it so easy on our opponents.

The play sequence where we passed two times in a row for a first down to Welch then Christianson was great. Two short, easy passes. Why the hell don't we do stuff like this all the time. Screw this zone blocking [#]sh#t where everything has to go perfectly for 7 guys to get a five yard run. Just do short passes until they take that away. We don't even try because Bohl is ... Bohl.
This. We move the ball when we make short, simple throws to start. It is as plain as the nose on Bohl's face. Bohl's stubborn streak will be his ultimate downfall.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 128 times

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:19 am
evilpoke wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:01 am Don't look now, but Wyoming controls its destiny for the Mountain Division title, with Utah State and Boise both in Laramie.
New Mexico missed 2 short field goals and muffed a punt. Our offense has not scored more than 2 touchdowns in any game this year. There is no team on our schedule that's a guaranteed win. We are not a good football team. I still don't see this team winning more than 6 games this year. Boise and Fresno are guaranteed losses. Utah State is iffy, at best.
The sad thing is, I think we could be a pretty good team. The defense is pretty solid. The offense has the talent to be pretty good if balanced. The predictable run, run, pass punt is pretty easy to prepare for. IMO, if UW had more of the offense we saw in the second half at UNM, we could be pretty good.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

How many times do we have to get down by 14 before Bohl/OC finds their stones, and then all of a sudden we have an offense where before we had none.

Happens every year. This is Bohl Ball. Rinse, lather, repeat.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

It's no surprise that we don't out scheme or out coach our opponents on gameday. Bohl is going to stick to the basics and we live and die by that. No trick plays, no exotic schemes, or aggressiveness from the coaching staff in game situations. The idea with old school coaches is that if you can Block and you can Tackle then you win games.

Everyone talks about Nebraska going back to their old school offense, well the problem with that is it doesn't attract top athletes and high schools don't run power football offenses like they used to. Heck even here in Wyoming most high schools run a version of the spread except for maybe Cokeville and a handful of others. Football under it's current rules has become a finesse game. Defenses have become stronger and faster. Bohl likes time of possession but in reality it's not about time it's about how many possessions. Possessions = Points. Remember when you always put your best players on Defense? That's no longer that case.
I'm good for 3!
Wyomingisgreat1
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

Cornpoke wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:00 pm It's no surprise that we don't out scheme or out coach our opponents on gameday. Bohl is going to stick to the basics and we live and die by that. No trick plays, no exotic schemes, or aggressiveness from the coaching staff in game situations. The idea with old school coaches is that if you can Block and you can Tackle then you win games.

Everyone talks about Nebraska going back to their old school offense, well the problem with that is it doesn't attract top athletes and high schools don't run power football offenses like they used to. Heck even here in Wyoming most high schools run a version of the spread except for maybe Cokeville and a handful of others. Football under it's current rules has become a finesse game. Defenses have become stronger and faster. Bohl likes time of possession but in reality it's not about time it's about how many possessions. Possessions = Points. Remember when you always put your best players on Defense? That's no longer that case.

People do not like the run run approach but it got the 49ers to the Super Bowl recently. It works and WYO has ran trick plays this year. They didn't work but they have ran trick plays. Stop acting like they never do.