Lets enjoy the rest of the season.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyomingisgreat1
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

At the beginning of the year, it looked like we would be a bottom-dweller team, and now we may finish with 6 to 8 wins. How enjoyable would that be? Kind of like a year's basketball team. Why miserable when you can enjoy the little moments at the current time. The future could be bright as well if this team stays intact. I think Bohl has grown from lessons learned from last year's team, and it is proven on the field how this team keeps fighting even though everyone keeps counting them out.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

I mean, I can agree with the sentiment.

But being a fan...especially one that's really into the sport...isn't just about being a "rah-rah" person. I don't think it's a bad thing at all to dissect things, to level criticism where necessary, or to voice disappointment when disappointment comes.

The whole "just be happy with what you have" mentality is an acceptance of mediocrity that shouldn't be a thing...whether in football, or anything else.

One can appreciate what they have while also recognizing the faults with it and the areas in which things need to improve. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Just because I love my wife to hell and back doesn't mean I can't grumble at her when she does something stupid or is a pain in my ass. Life is more complex than that.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Both of you are correct.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 12 times

None of our three losses are "bad" - Illinois (ranked and they could win the B1G West), SJSU (best team in the MWC), and BYU (was a CFP contender, but not now w/ 3 losses).

The rest of our games are very winnable. USU, Hawai'i, CSU, and Fresno all stink. Boise is not a powerhouse this year. They are down and beatable. I say if we take care of business, 7 or 8 wins is possible that would lead to a bowl game.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Can't have a letdown against these pesky Aggies especially at home!! Get er done Pokes!!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Team still controls its destiny at this point and a Mountain Division title is distinctly possible. This team has a 1-0 mentality going into every week and it feels like we're slightly ahead of where we were predicted to be. Sure we can all grumble about what could be etc. but this team has lost to three pretty salty football squads.

I'm not gonna be a sunshine pumper and say everything's perfect, but it's a helluva better than it could be.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

C'mon boys, you got this
W-Y, Until I Die!