This years team

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

My analysis of what I see so far, from scrimmage and Greece and what I’ve read
Starting five, guys I’d prefer to see start
Graham Ike- pretty solid starter lol. Has expanded his game outside, not only has an awesome back to basket moves, he can take you out 18 feet plus
Hunter M- All around player that’s proven, won’t need to be as crucial to our offense this year, but can take over a game if needed
Max- he oozes with athleticism and has a little more refined game than Oden, with better handles
Noah- if one guy has made huge improvements from what I can see, it’s him, he plays with a strong motor and can hit the three
Wenzel- He’s gotten a ton better as well, good shooter, defender and all around basketball player. Just makes plays
This starting five has a couple guys who can shoot the three well, good rebounders, defenders and a really awesome post presence
The next 5
Oden- great rebounder, athletic and long and has a good midrange game and can hit the 3
Anderson- a true point guard, who in scrimmage was good at keeping his guy in front of him, will be good for opposing Backcourts like New Mexico that are quick
Kyman- was super impressed with him in scrimmage, great shooter, good court awareness
Thompson- Will be good to see Hunter playing more 4. He can certainly drain top of the key 3’s and last year at end, was very solid
Dusell- when Dusell is in your second 5, you know your team is stacked. Guy can shoot lights out and is arguably best defender on team. He could very well start
Last spot could go to Foster, Barnhart or Powell
Foster, if he can stay healthy has all the tools, good shooter, athletic and good all around game. Powell looks good, developing offensive game, learning every day how to better defend post. The ultimate X factor could be Barnhart. He’s athletic, Chet Holmgren lite. If he develops, watch out MWC!
I think we can beat almost any team on any night with any 8 guys in a rotation. It’s pretty awesome when we are 11 deep!
CowGalxoHoops
Buckaroo

Great write up!!! Fun to read!

Do you think Barnhardt could guard another teams center to spell Graham if he gets in foul trouble? That would be huge for depth. Is he physically strong enough? I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad told me Oden reminds him of Scotty Pippen. I saw some Youtube of Pippen and maybe they are similar?

Foster is such a mystery. I have no clue but a few years ago didn't he score close to 20 pts in a game? Yeah a bad team but still!!!!!!!!!

I mean Jake is a shooter and if left open look out! Have you seen him be able to create a bit off the dribble then put up that sweet shot?

Big sigh...and now Ethan! He always seemed like the missing link. The guy with tons of experience that could move Maldo off the ball where I like him the best. Honestly Maldo scares me a bit at PG. Ethan I saw had some pretty good games against UCLA in his career. I am hoping he can be that guy. Fingers crossed.

Max is smooth. What did Noah and Wenzel do in the off season to improve so much? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
If your dreams don't scare you they aren't BIG enough - GO POKES!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

CowGalxoHoops wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:36 pm Great write up!!! Fun to read!

Do you think Barnhardt could guard another teams center to spell Graham if he gets in foul trouble? That would be huge for depth. Is he physically strong enough? I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad told me Oden reminds him of Scotty Pippen. I saw some Youtube of Pippen and maybe they are similar?

Foster is such a mystery. I have no clue but a few years ago didn't he score close to 20 pts in a game? Yeah a bad team but still!!!!!!!!!

I mean Jake is a shooter and if left open look out! Have you seen him be able to create a bit off the dribble then put up that sweet shot?

Big sigh...and now Ethan! He always seemed like the missing link. The guy with tons of experience that could move Maldo off the ball where I like him the best. Honestly Maldo scares me a bit at PG. Ethan I saw had some pretty good games against UCLA in his career. I am hoping he can be that guy. Fingers crossed.

Max is smooth. What did Noah and Wenzel do in the off season to improve so much? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
There's no way Barnhart will be able to spell Ike. He may be 7 feet tall, but he's 190 pounds. To put that in perspective, there are only 2 other guys on the roster that weigh less: Cort Roberson (6' 157 lbs.) and Kenny Foster (6'5" 187 lbs.) Barnhart is a 4 all the way. Thompson will be our best bet to give Graham a break, followed by Powell.

Foster, when healthy, was probably the best defender on the team. Also a very competent ball handler and shooter, and probably one of the best slashers on the team. The problem there is that he hasn't been healthy since Linder took over, so who knows what his game looks like now.

Linder has said that the ball will be in Maldo's hands often, but I can't fathom that he'd force him to play point when we've got Noah and Ethan ready to go. That Indiana game just proves that we need someone with handles to get us out of pressure situations. Maldo ain't it.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:27 am
CowGalxoHoops wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:36 pm Great write up!!! Fun to read!

There's no way Barnhart will be able to spell Ike. He may be 7 feet tall, but he's 190 pounds. To put that in perspective, there are only 2 other guys on the roster that weigh less: Cort Roberson (6' 157 lbs.) and Kenny Foster (6'5" 187 lbs.) Barnhart is a 4 all the way. Thompson will be our best bet to give Graham a break, followed by Powell.

Foster, when healthy, was probably the best defender on the team. Also a very competent ball handler and shooter, and probably one of the best slashers on the team. The problem there is that he hasn't been healthy since Linder took over, so who knows what his game looks like now.

Linder has said that the ball will be in Maldo's hands often, but I can't fathom that he'd force him to play point when we've got Noah and Ethan ready to go. That Indiana game just proves that we need someone with handles to get us out of pressure situations. Maldo ain't it.
Foster's game looked rusty in the scrimmage. He played solid defensively, but he(like many others) struggled to make shots. I'm not worried about the shots right now. The decision making, effort, and defense are what matters at this point. All that looked great. The shooting will come.

I don't think Linder is forcing Maldo to play point. He's going to play him there because most teams don't have anyone at that position that can stop him(dropped a 40 bomb on CSU last year). The only way to really defend him at the point is to pressure the hell out of him and force him to turn it over. That's where Ethan can help. Ethan is probably the better option if we're looking to push the pace as well. Don't expect Maldo to stop getting major minutes at the point. It's too effective of a weapon to stop using it. I think Linder wants to keep him fresh and have a better option to deal with full court pressure, but Maldo is going to get a lot of minutes at the point.

I still think Noah is option 3 at the point and option 1 or 2 at shooting guard.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

Good to see us getting some national pub.
W-Y, Until I Die!