Receipts

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Yeesh...whatever happened to being bummed after a loss and stoked after a win? What is with the impulse to shame the "haters". It doesn't make anybody a "hater" to predict an outcome of a sporting event. I thought Wyoming would lose to AFA ... Is that ok? Am I still allowed to wear my bucking horse cap?

I was a full on kool-aid drinking Bohl supporter from the 2016 season all through COVID....Last season broke me. I remain convinced that, with Bohl at the helm, Wyoming's success will be capped much lower than I would like. If anything...that made me enjoy the game even more.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

We’re 1-0 in conference. That’s it. 1-0. Let’s bring this thread back up in 2 months and see where we are.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

calpoke25 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:05 am We’re 1-0 in conference. That’s it. 1-0. Let’s bring this thread back up in 2 months and see where we are.
It will be interesting. There is about as much parity as there has ever been in the MWC.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

calpoke25 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:05 am We’re 1-0 in conference. That’s it. 1-0. Let’s bring this thread back up in 2 months and see where we are.
Are you saying we are going to falter? What will our conference record be? Call it now
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:49 am
Are you saying we are going to falter? What will our conference record be? Call it now
I have no idea. We trounced USU last year and went 2-6 in conference. One game does not make a season. I don’t know how anyone can feel like all is well in the world after one game. Yes things look better now than they did 3 weeks ago (or even through 3.5 quarters last week when we were barely holding on against lowly UNC)…. Does that mean anything? We’ll see.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

calpoke25 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:10 am
I have no idea. We trounced USU last year and went 2-6 in conference. One game does not make a season. I don’t know how anyone can feel like all is well in the world after one game. Yes things look better now than they did 3 weeks ago (or even through 3.5 quarters last week when we were barely holding on against lowly UNC)…. Does that mean anything? We’ll see.
I actually agree with everything you wrote. And I don't care. It was a great win against a team we were 17 point dogs to. At least we're not csewe. Csewe has the longest losing streak in the nation. They spend more on coach's buyouts than we spend on coaches. So for now, I'm thrilled we are 3-1. To me, the rubber meets the road 2 weeks from now. If we can beat SJS and New Mexico, then I think we can win the division. Let's just take it a week at a time and hold our breath. It's probably gonna be a roller coaster of ups and downs but at least we can see ups are within reach.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

The greatest thing about winning this game is that there is hope. This win breathed life back into the fans. I can’t imagine what happens if we pull it off against byu. I have far more hope in Provo than I did before.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:45 pm The greatest thing about winning this game is that there is hope. This win breathed life back into the fans. I can’t imagine what happens if we pull it off against byu. I have far more hope in Provo than I did before.
Atta boy!
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:36 pm
calpoke25 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:10 am
I actually agree with everything you wrote. And I don't care. It was a great win against a team we were 17 point dogs to. At least we're not csewe. Csewe has the longest losing streak in the nation. They spend more on coach's buyouts than we spend on coaches. So for now, I'm thrilled we are 3-1. To me, the rubber meets the road 2 weeks from now. If we can beat SJS and New Mexico, then I think we can win the division. Let's just take it a week at a time and hold our breath. It's probably gonna be a roller coaster of ups and downs but at least we can see ups are within reach.
The team is real young and played perhaps the best game they will this year. I am still worried about passing , both on offense and defense. The run defense has been solid the last 3 games but the secondary at times seems confused and allows too many completions over the middle. On offense still not sure about Peasly's deep ball accuracy but feel much better about being able to at least have a short passing game to loosen things up for the run. My guess is Wyoming will see a lot of passing from the rest of teams they play.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

It is simply more fun to be optimistic and there is plenty to cheer for right now.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:45 pm The greatest thing about winning this game is that there is hope. This win breathed life back into the fans. I can’t imagine what happens if we pull it off against byu. I have far more hope in Provo than I did before.
If you’re familiar with SEC Shorts…

:?
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Subcanis wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:48 pm
If you’re familiar with SEC Shorts…

:?
For those who don't know...
From June of 2021....

I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

5-1