Air Force game thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Great win!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

This f-word crow tastes awesome. Great job Pokes!!
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I’m absolutely stunned they won this game. Stunned. What a win!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Some crazy clutch 3rd and longs to close it out.

Wild. Laradise will be fun tonight.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

Nice physical game. I liked the drive on offense in the 4th to retake the lead and then do what needed to be done so they could do victory formation instead of a cardiac arrest defensive stand to win the game. Good job Pokes keep it up!
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wyoming is the best team on the Front Range. :winky:

I was just hoping to look better against the fly boys than CU did. Definitely didn't see this win coming.
sqor
Buckaroo

Love this
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

Can’t believe nobody else else has said it.

The score, OH THE SCORE!

I miss Dave Walsh
Last edited by MN_Poke on Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Amazing final drive. So clutch
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Expat_Poke wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:00 pm Nice physical game. I liked the drive on offense in the 4th to retake the lead and then do what needed to be done so they could do victory formation instead of a cardiac arrest defensive stand to win the game. Good job Pokes keep it up!

I’d shoot myself before I lived in greenieville
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:08 pm Wyoming is the best team on the Front Range. :winky:

I was just hoping to look better against the fly boys than CU did. Definitely didn't see this win coming.
I love saying this! :popcorn:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Nice evening and was a fun game to watch....next week will be a true test
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Wish we could play CU this year, i think we'd whoop em!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

CowboyNV wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:51 pm This f-word crow tastes awesome. Great job Pokes!!
Best Crow I have had in a loooooooooooooooooong time.

Lower expectations + Winning against AFA = Mind blowing
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:48 am
CowboyNV wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:51 pm This f##k[#] crow tastes awesome. Great job Pokes!!
Best Crow I have had in a loooooooooooooooooong time.

Lower expectations + Winning against AFA = Mind blowing
Totally...I still remember going hunting in 2002 I think....AFA was ranked and we were terrible. I got told after I got back the Wyoming had won. I assumed at the time that they were pulling my leg!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I rewatched the game and I was impressed by our D ends, especially Siders, who played a hell of a game. Give these youg D ends another year and they will be beasts.

Godbout has pro potential. I'm call it now he will have an NFL career. Bertagnole is not far behind Godbout in ability. Two damn good interior linemen right there.

I think we are going to be loaded at safety in the coming years. Eckler looks legit and Wrook Brown and Isaac White are solid, as well. Buck Coors was ahead of Eckler before he got hurt and a kid named TJ Urban, who got hurt in spring ball, was thought to be the successor at that position.

LB played really well. Gibbs, DeMarzo and Suianoa are all solid, solid backers. Young, too. The whole D is young and talented.

AF cornerbacks played far, far off the receivers. It allowed us to get the short passing game going. Illinois pressed us, beat us up at the LOS and stole our lunch money. I suspect BYU will press our receivers at the line, as well.

I was impressed with the offense and the play calling. The only time we didn't move the ball was when we were hampered by penalties. If we can control the ball at BYU that will help considerably.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:31 am I rewatched the game and I was impressed by our D ends, especially Siders, who played a hell of a game. Give these youg D ends another year and they will be beasts.

Godbout has pro potential. I'm call it now he will have an NFL career. Bertagnole is not far behind Godbout in ability. Two damn good interior linemen right there.

I think we are going to be loaded at safety in the coming years. Eckler looks legit and Wrook Brown and Isaac White are solid, as well. Buck Coors was ahead of Eckler before he got hurt and a kid named TJ Urban, who got hurt in spring ball, was thought to be the successor at that position.

LB played really well. Gibbs, DeMarzo and Suianoa are all solid, solid backers. Young, too. The whole D is young and talented.

AF cornerbacks played far, far off the receivers. It allowed us to get the short passing game going. Illinois pressed us, beat us up at the LOS and stole our lunch money. I suspect BYU will press our receivers at the line, as well.

I was impressed with the offense and the play calling. The only time we didn't move the ball was when we were hampered by penalties. If we can control the ball at BYU that will help considerably.
I have no doubt BYU has watched the game film on what Illinois did to our receivers. There are obviously passing concepts to counter when the DBs are pressing however it really threw Peasley's timing off even with excellent pass blocking. Also not having a deep threat like Neyor allows a secondary to take chances on keeping a receiver jammed. Best offensive strategy would be to get the Tight End and running backs more involved in the passing game out of Under center formations and using play action.

Wyo dominated the LOS against an undersized AFA, this will not be the case against BYU. Wyo will have to play a near perfect error free game.
I'm good for 3!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

W-Y, Until I Die!