UNC game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
HomeOnTheRange
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

not being able to run the ball all over a Big Sky team, yikes

under 300 yards of offense vs a FCS opponent is generally not a good indicator for a FBS offense
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

Utah State is getting completely destroyed by Weber State, 35-7, in the 4th.

WOW! The MW is a complete joke this year.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 41 times

There are top rated teams having trouble everywhere today. Notre Dame favored by over 20 loses to Marshall. Alabama squeaked by Texas on a last second FG. Wisconsin lost to Washington State. Texas A&M lost to Appalachian St. Auburn is barely beating San Jose St.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

The D gave nothing up to the FCS team. We should expect this. I suspect they ran a fairly vanilla version of offense.

No team has rushed well on us yet. We’ll see how they fair against AF. I suspect that they’ll wear down our defensive line. But it might be a good matchup for us, considering it looks like we can complete some forward passes
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

In the MW today:
- Utah St lost to Weber State 7-35
- Nevada lost to Incarnate Ward 41-55
- CSU lost to Middle Tennessee 19-34
- Hawaii is currently losing to Michigan in the 2nd quarter 0-42

Not in the same category as above but:
- UNLV lost to Cal 14-20
- SJSU currently losing to Auburn 13-24 in the 4th

So I'll take the win that wasn't really too much in question, and I still say 80% of the teams in the mw have as many questions about their teams as we do.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:38 pm In the MW today:
- Utah St lost to Weber State 7-35
- Nevada lost to Incarnate Ward 41-55
- CSU lost to Middle Tennessee 19-34
- Hawaii is currently losing to Michigan in the 2nd quarter 0-42

Not in the same category as above but:
- UNLV lost to Cal 14-20
- SJSU currently losing to Auburn 13-24 in the 4th

So I'll take the win that wasn't really too much in question, and I still say 80% of the teams in the mw have as many questions about their teams as we do.
Utah st’s only points were from kickoff return TD
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 624 times
Been liked: 256 times

evilpoke wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:56 pm Was it boring? Oh yes. But Wyoming was definitely the better team. (I remember the Idaho game where that definitely wasn't the case).

You also have to remember - they are coming from Greeley, so it means a short trip and altitude is not that big of an issue.

Plus, with the close geography, they're probably more jacked for this game than say a trip to Fresno or SMU.

They won convincingly. Enjoy it.
Agree. It was close, but I was never nervous. We were a much better team and it finally showed by the end. Defense balled out today. Omothosho played great. We beat the living poop out of their QBs
doreno5
Cowpoke
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:32 pm 2 offensive TDs in 10 quarters. Still without a rushing TD. Sad thing is we’ve got a pretty accurate QB, who’s decision making is pretty decent the last game and a half, and he’s got all day to throw.
I sat in the stands and watched. Peasley simply was not accurate on throws downfield. He is ok on short passes and the routes Wyoming runs rare called for him to throw deep but having 5 out in the pattern and having all run routes designed to go 10 yards or less down field is ridiculous . I hope Bohl was just trying to be as vanilla as possible before the AFA game to keep from giving up too much of the playbook but it was very similar to what we have seen for the last couple of years at least.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Remember 2016 when beat UC Davis by 23? They were a cellar team in the big sky. We are going to get our asses kick some games like that season ( Easter Michigan), but the conference is so bad this year if we win a couple surprise games we could be playing in the conference title game.
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

doreno5 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:43 pm
bullbugle307 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:32 pm 2 offensive TDs in 10 quarters. Still without a rushing TD. Sad thing is we’ve got a pretty accurate QB, who’s decision making is pretty decent the last game and a half, and he’s got all day to throw.
I sat in the stands and watched. Peasley simply was not accurate on throws downfield. He is ok on short passes and the routes Wyoming runs rare called for him to throw deep but having 5 out in the pattern and having all run routes designed to go 10 yards or less down field is ridiculous . I hope Bohl was just trying to be as vanilla as possible before the AFA game to keep from giving up too much of the playbook but it was very similar to what we have seen for the last couple of years at least.
I don't remember that many throws down field - 2 maybe?

Yeah - I don't remember any of the out of the box successful plays from the previous two weeks - the sweeps, qb keepers, passes down the seam or passes to the rb.

At least the short to mid-range passes were mostly completed.