UNC game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

If we can’t run the ball on these guys we can’t run the ball on anybody.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Ok Bohl time for a TD. Leading by 6 is too risky for a late TD by unc to give us a loss
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

Nice drive and TD there.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Finally!
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

JFC.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

THE REF BEATS HIS WIFE
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

You haven't established the run in 7 quarters of play. Start doing what works FFS. Stubborn SOB
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

*Sigh*

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I don't know what to think of this.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:00 pm I don't know what to think of this.
It’s exactly what Bohl wants.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

Looks like they finally woke up.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I don't see where Wyoming will win more than two games the rest of the year.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I'm glad they won, but it sure didn't inspire a ton of confidence. Air Force is going to pummel them next week.
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

CowboyNV wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:19 pm I don't see where Wyoming will win more than two games the rest of the year.
Outside of the conference outside of Air Force and maybe Fresno not looking as strong as I was originally thinking I would agree. We shall see, AFA is a big game for this team. Go Pokes, beat Air Force.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Easyville is over with, maybe 2 more wins, doubtful but maybe
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

[quote=Expat_Poke post_id=263217 time=1662854366 user_id=1769]
[quote=CowboyNV post_id=263213 time=1662851944 user_id=1294]
I don't see where Wyoming will win more than two games the rest of the year.
[/quote]

Outside of the conference outside of Air Force and maybe Fresno not looking as strong as I was originally thinking I would agree. We shall see, AFA is a big game for this team. Go Pokes, beat Air Force.
[/quote]

Yeah I don't jnow. Air force won today with 8 yards passing and some 475 yards rushing. So to me that whole game rides on if the defense can stop the triple option or not.

But even assuming losses to air force, byu, and Fresno, the rest of the games look more like toss ups to me. Not because we look great, although at least we are getting some amount of passing game now, but because the rest of the mw appears to have just as many question marks as we do. SJSU and Utah st are hard to tell about yet. New Mexico has plenty of question marks, CSU has been crushed twice, Hawaii has been crushed twice and Boise looks down this year and had a tight game with unm for awhile.

By no means do I think we win all of them but I actually feel better now then after week 0 where I wasn't sure we would get 2 total wins on the year. At least we do appear to have a good field goal kicker, a pretty good o line, and a QB who can complete passes when given the chance. We have question marks and lack consistency but the same can be said for 80% of the mw this year
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:50 pm
Adv8RU12 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:43 pm
'PokeForLife wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:41 pm Turn the game on and see a 3-0 score at the end of the 1st quarter. Seems like a dominant performance thus far, huh?
Dull. Maybe for a reason? Like saving the good stuff for AFA>
Yeah, maybe.

On another note, when was the last time that we had two good kickers in a row? Hoyland has been great this year and last and Rothe had turned into a strength as well after his freshman year.
Hoyland is twice the kicker Rothe was
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Well, the game mostly went how I thought minus UNC coughing up points in the last few minutes. Didn’t think we’d win by 23, that’s for sure.

So, school me up guys, I’m not a bettor. If the spread is hit exactly, do both the folks that bet against Wyoming to beat the spread and those that bet for Wyoming to beat the spread all lose?

Not being a troll, I honestly have no idea how any of that really works…
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:18 pm
Expat_Poke wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:59 pm
CowboyNV wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:19 pm I don't see where Wyoming will win more than two games the rest of the year.
Yeah I don't jnow. Air force won today with 8 yards passing and some 475 yards rushing. So to me that whole game rides on if the defense can stop the triple option or not.

But even assuming losses to air force, byu, and Fresno, the rest of the games look more like toss ups to me. Not because we look great, although at least we are getting some amount of passing game now, but because the rest of the mw appears to have just as many question marks as we do. SJSU and Utah st are hard to tell about yet. New Mexico has plenty of question marks, CSU has been crushed twice, Hawaii has been crushed twice and Boise looks down this year and had a tight game with unm for awhile.

By no means do I think we win all of them but I actually feel better now then after week 0 where I wasn't sure we would get 2 total wins on the year. At least we do appear to have a good field goal kicker, a pretty good o line, and a QB who can complete passes when given the chance. We have question marks and lack consistency but the same can be said for 80% of the mw this year
I think this is a pretty good take on the conference. I’ll take it a week at a time and just see what happens. I’ve been a Cowboy fan too long to get too excited or too down over whatever they do. No matter what they are our Cowboys.
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

Was it boring? Oh yes. But Wyoming was definitely the better team. (I remember the Idaho game where that definitely wasn't the case).

You also have to remember - they are coming from Greeley, so it means a short trip and altitude is not that big of an issue.

Plus, with the close geography, they're probably more jacked for this game than say a trip to Fresno or SMU.

They won convincingly. Enjoy it.