Did altitude win the game?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I can't help but notice that the offense started working and the defensive backs had some effectiveness in the fourth quarter, instead of constantly being one step behind.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

I doubt it. The Bohl offenses are designed to wear other teams out. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

How many times have you seen us down by 10 and come back and win in the forth quarter - in the final minutes. That's probably what the coaches design for.

In reality, if your in good shape, the altitude has an affect on you, but its minimal. The mentality of it can be huge. I think that is why we praise it up.

Why do athletes train up here? Because they can pull a second or two off of a long run, or fractions off of a short run. When your that competitive as an individual, it makes sense.

Now if your in bad health, badly out of shape, yeah, its going to wreac havoc on you.

But it is always fun watching other teams with oxygen masks on worried that they are dying.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Fatigue and altitude play a role, but our play calling changes too depending on the situation. It seems like our best offensive play calling for years has been when Bohl/coordinators realize they HAVE to score. But even that’s complicated, defenses change depending on the score too.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

My friends and I mentioned that aspect that Tulsa looked gassed and that 7220 played a difference in that 4th quarter. I wish it was used to our advantage more often!!! NO LETDOWN THIS WEEKEND!!!!!