Should the US be supporting Ukraine?

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

If so, why?

I don’t think so
1. Ukraine is NOT in NATO
2. Ukraine is NOT a democracy. It’s president arrested the opposition and closed media critical of him.
3. Of what strategic importance is Ukraine?
4. Ukraine is already populated by a large number of Russians.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Not one American should die over a Russian Ukraine fight. I’m not even sure we should be spending any money either. Protect Ukraine’s borders lol a lot of it has to do with boogeyman Russia being involved. The corporate press (they still love war) has convinced dummy democrats that Russia is the puppet master. Make no mistake, both parties love war because the defense companies line all their pockets. I wrote both our senators about this topic and was thoroughly disappointed in their responses. They both sounded like war mongers ready to defend the virginity and sovereign borders of Ukraine.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke

I wrote to both Senators as well as Liz. Barrasso has yet to respond. Lummis didn’t address my concerns but like you said she wants to provide arms to Ukraine to protect it’s sovereignty. Liz’s response just said what an honor it is to represent Wyoming.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Just give Ukraine arms. I don't think Russia will actually do anything. If it were a different country, say one of the Baltic countries, I would support sending troops, but not for Ukraine.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Biden and Obama sold uranium to a bunch of sketchy
ass Russians.

Russia took over part of Ukraine under Obama/Biden

Biden's son had suspicious "job" in Ukraine.

Hillary campaign fabricated Trump ties to Russia (allegedly but looking more and more true by the day).

Russia is going to take over Ukraine under Biden.

I don't know man. Not to go full conspiracy theory but that's a lot of coincidences.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:28 am Just give Ukraine arms. I don't think Russia will actually do anything. If it were a different country, say one of the Baltic countries, I would support sending troops, but not for Ukraine.
Just curious, why one of the Baltic states? To me it makes no difference. There's only a small handful of countries we should ever defend over there. They have the European union for f-word sake. They can handle their backyard. If they don't declare war, there's no reason for us. If they start fighting, we could provide material support.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:19 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:28 am Just give Ukraine arms. I don't think Russia will actually do anything. If it were a different country, say one of the Baltic countries, I would support sending troops, but not for Ukraine.
Just curious, why one of the Baltic states? To me it makes no difference. There's only a small handful of countries we should ever defend over there. They have the European union for f##k[#] sake. They can handle their backyard. If they don't declare war, there's no reason for us. If they start fighting, we could provide material support.
It makes a difference because of who Ukraine is. There are as many ethnic Russians as ethnic Ukrainians. Most speak Russian. They are basically the same people in eastern Ukraine. Ukraine is only separate from Russia because of an arbitrary border. Wouldn’t be surprised if most of the ppl in eastern Ukraine welcomed a Russian invasion. Ukraine is a poop hole country just like Russia. Every bit as corrupt, racist and immoral. Ukraine just isn’t worth it. Contrast that to the baltics who hate Russia, have a completely different culture, language etc….
ZapPoke
Cowpoke

Ok, so what we have learned is that putin is a vile ruthless killer and Biden is an idiot.

We need to do essentially what Reagan did to destroy the USSR. He got the Saudis to flood the world with crude which bankrupted the Russians. Sadly it was a bad deal for Wyoming producers as well.

This time we do it with American resources! We were energy independent before Biden took office and can be again. Tell the Germans to buy Natural gas from US instead of a country that is essentially an enemy. Bankrupt the russkies again to curtail putin’s ambitions.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

By all accounts, no Ukrainians, be they ethnic Russians or not, have welcomed Russians. Eastern or Western Ukraine. Plenty of video evidence to the contrary. From citizens trying to block tanks with their bodies, farmers stealing tanks, to out right counterattacks.

And using the "oh, they have some ethnic Russians, so all good lol" is freakin' stupid reasoning.