Cowboys Appreciation Thread - Thank You Pokes

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

There was a lot of negativity last night and I was a part of that, but I just want to say thanks to this group for the extremely memorable and extremely successful season.

Linder - Please stay and sign a new contract with us. UW basketball can and be something truly special

Maldonado - Unreal season. So many sweet, sweet post moves and assists. I would welcome him back with open arms. One of the 15 best all time. could move up with....One more year! One more year! One more year!

Ike - Amazing player. Love his passion. Wyoming loves him. He could be an all time great. Has the potential to be on the Mt. Rushmore of Cowboys hoops. So excited for his future here

Jeffries - One of my favorite Pokes in recent memory. Elite rebounder and three point shooter. I'll remembver him as one of, if not the best three point shooter in program history. He improved so much from last year and I can tell he's got another leap in him. to unleash it we need One more year! One more year!

Dusell - Great shooter. Tough injury right when he had it rolling. Awesome attitude and great defender. So much to look forward with him here. He was a core part of our success this year.

Oden - Drips with potential. We got to see some of that this year. If Oden can keep his upward trajectory and we can keep this team together, oh my word. Sky is the limit and we will reside in the top 25 next year.

Wenzel - Great all around player. Can flat out shoot the rock. Can get to the hoop, can rebound, can play d, can guard bigger players down low. Reliable and I have a feeling we only scratched the surface of what he is capable of. Awesome player

Thompson - Saved his best for last. The ultimate team player and I an tell he bleeds Brown and Gold. Such a sweet stroke form deep. Hell, why not.. One more year!

Reynolds - Can blow by anyone off the dribble. Truly. Just needs to refine his inside game and pg skills and he will be on an all conference type of path. Good three point shooter already.

The rest - Stay with it. Your time will come

This was a great season and such a fun and likeable team I really hope the team runs it back, because if they do, something even more special will happen.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:32 am There was a lot of negativity last night and I was a part of that, but I just want to say thanks to this group for the extremely memorable and extremely successful season.

Linder - Please stay and sign a new contract with us. UW basketball can and be something truly special
Amen!
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:32 am Maldonado - Unreal season. So many sweet, sweet post moves and assists. I would welcome him back with open arms. One of the 15 best all time. could move up with....One more year! One more year! One more year!

Ike - Amazing player. Love his passion. Wyoming loves him. He could be an all time great. Has the potential to be on the Mt. Rushmore of Cowboys hoops. So excited for his future here

Jeffries - One of my favorite Pokes in recent memory. Elite rebounder and three point shooter. I'll remembver him as one of, if not the best three point shooter in program history. He improved so much from last year and I can tell he's got another leap in him. to unleash it we need One more year! One more year!

Dusell - Great shooter. Tough injury right when he had it rolling. Awesome attitude and great defender. So much to look forward with him here. He was a core part of our success this year.

Oden - Drips with potential. We got to see some of that this year. If Oden can keep his upward trajectory and we can keep this team together, oh my word. Sky is the limit and we will reside in the top 25 next year.

Wenzel - Great all around player. Can flat out shoot the rock. Can get to the hoop, can rebound, can play d, can guard bigger players down low. Reliable and I have a feeling we only scratched the surface of what he is capable of. Awesome player

Thompson - Saved his best for last. The ultimate team player and I an tell he bleeds Brown and Gold. Such a sweet stroke form deep. Hell, why not.. One more year!

Reynolds - Can blow by anyone off the dribble. Truly. Just needs to refine his inside game and pg skills and he will be on an all conference type of path. Good three point shooter already.

The rest - Stay with it. Your time will come

This was a great season and such a fun and likeable team I really hope the team runs it back, because if they do, something even more special will happen.
Well said.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

And to remember it was just a few years ago we hardly won 10 games wondering where this program was headed, now theres no ? We belong....sooo excited the next few years!! Thanks Pokes!!
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

Yes, yes, yes! Had so much fun following this team. Nobody saw this coming but they brought excitement to the High Plains. Keep Linder in charge and make another leap next season.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Great season to a great team and a welcome surprise!

Would love to have all of them comeback again next year if they would like to!

To Maldonado, don’t listen to any twitter trolls my man. Only people acting like goons are people who bet money on the game and are mad they lost money and because of social media nowadays you get to hear them complain. Let it slide off your back. If it wasn’t for you None of this great season would have ever happened!

Hope all of you come back and we can do it again next year, but even better!!!

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Agreed Lander. This group far exceeded my expectations. It's just a shame they went out not playing their best ball. Hopefully they are still together in a year and looking even better. Thanks for a great season, Pokes!
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

I said it last night but will say it again. This is the most fun I’ve had following Cowboys basketball since the early 2000s (Bailey/Ugo/Davis teams). Thanks to this team for competing in every game and never giving up. Thanks to the team for nearly giving me a heart attack in multiple games and then finding a way to win (Boise, USU, UNLV, Fresno games come to mind).

I hope the team and coach can stick together. Next year could be even more special.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

This is the most home basketball games I've ever attended in one season. Yes, I live in Laramie while my wife is in college, but I wouldn't have went to 11 games of the Allen Edwards era even if I lived in the Dome of Doom.

It's great to see the 14-1 home record, rowdy crowds, and pride among the Cowboy faithful again. All the credit goes to the staff and players for that. Thank you.

It still seems like a miracle that we could set the record for losses in a season under Allen Edwards, break that record the following season....and then be in the dance 1.5 seasons later. If that isn't ahead of schedule, I don't know what is. It's a damn miracle. Thanks go to Burman for making the right hire. Linder deserves thanks for putting together the right staff. The staff deserves thanks for recruiting the right guys and developing them. The fans deserve thanks for getting on board and supporting them. Thank you to all of those people.

For anyone increasing their CJC donations so we can hopefully increase the staff's salaries and keep them around to see this team grow and develop: thank you the most. We really need the financial support more than anything right now.

Oh, and thanks to CSU for being picked 1st, and not delivering a conference title. CSU is still stuck on 1 conference title every 25 years in hoops: or 5 total in 122 years of basketball. Thanks go to CSU for making it easy to put all the obnoxious CSU fans on mute with a reminder of their ineptness at basketball.

Seriously though, this was a team effort, and just about everybody deserves thanks this season.

Go Pokes!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 127 times

Indeed, this team beat the goats in our house, Boise St, and ended the drought against UNLV in the Thomas and Mack.

I made some great memories with my kids this year following this team.

One thing I never heard of is issues off the court with these kids - seem to be pretty good kids with good character, and they made Wyoming proud. My son and I had a chance to meet Drake Jeffries and he’s a class person. This was a special year. I would love to see Maldo, Jeffries and the gang back next year.

I’ll promise you they were more disappointed than we were with the loss last night.

Thank you Pokes!

and get Linder a new contract.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Well said. This was an awesome group. I don't think anyone thinks the core will be exactly the same, but short of Linder leaving and causing a mass exit I will be very confident going into next year. That was definitely not the case in 16 when all we had coming back was Josh Adams and some bench pieces.