18-3...to 4-6

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

Well...were the pokes as good as the 18-3 record through the SJSU game? Were they as bad as the 4-6 record since then?

I don't think either is a fluke .... they were that good... and then they were that bad. That many games is enough of a sample size. Somehow, someway they lost their mojo.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Well the quality of team got wayyy harder. Dumb post
307bball
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:56 pm Well the quality of team got wayyy harder. Dumb post
Come on Lander...did you really think after that SJSU game "well ... good job up till now but I don't think we will go .500 the rest of the way"? This was a poor finish...anybody that thinks otherwise..well...I don't think anybody on the actual team would agree with you.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Anyways...If you had told me we would be in the play in game at the beginning of the year I would have taken it in a heartbeat. This was a bummer of a finish to the season though...Something was off after that SJSU game and it was more than a (slight) uptick in opponent strength. That early stretch included some really good wins.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

This team had a far better result than any realistic pre-season expectations. It was the most fun I’ve had following the Pokes since the Bailey/Ugo/Davis teams. I hope Linder returns and the team stays intact. I would have to think Maldo has a sour taste in his mouth and has something to prove.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

People figured them out. Not hard to stop a team that has only two guys who score.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:05 pm This team had a far better result than any realistic pre-season expectations. It was the most fun I’ve had following the Pokes since the Bailey/Ugo/Davis teams. I hope Linder returns and the team stays intact. I would have to think Maldo has a sour taste in his mouth and has something to prove.
It was a very fun year...I just hate the asterisks of how it ended. They did not look like they did through the first 21 games. I was really late to the bandwagon..I thought they were a solid middle tier MW team...Maybe they were and all of their wins came early and all of the losses late
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 125 times

307bball wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:51 pm Well...were the pokes as good as the 18-3 record through the SJSU game? Were they as bad as the 4-6 record since then?

I don't think either is a fluke .... they were that good... and then they were that bad. That many games is enough of a sample size. Somehow, someway they lost their mojo.
I don’t disagree with you. They’ve been a totally different team the last few weeks. Something definitely changed, and I’m talking with Wyoming.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

307bball wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:51 pm Well...were the pokes as good as the 18-3 record through the SJSU game? Were they as bad as the 4-6 record since then?

We were playing on house money all year. From the statistically worse Wyoming team in history to 25 wins and a dance appearance with 2 recruiting classes is a damned miracle.

No one expected this. The Cowboys are 2 years ahead of schedule.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Old-Bull wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:28 pm

We were playing on house money all year. From the statistically worse Wyoming team in history to 25 wins and a dance appearance with 2 recruiting classes is a damned miracle.

No one expected this. The Cowboys are 2 years ahead of schedule.
That is an interesting way to look at it. I think you are on to something. With low/no expectations the pokes really shined. Once they got ranked things changed. One thing that I really respect is how the defense was really always there...heck the way the offense disappeared at times, that is how thy won the games they did down the stretch. Shows good fortitude and mental toughness.