I hate it's me

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
iubhounds
Buckaroo

I don't like seeing that I am the most recent poster on your forum, but I have nothing but time on my hands. Believe me when I say I am not trying to take over, just looking for some pre-game discussion with the opponent. Like I have said in other posts, I think tonight is going to be a great game to watch.

- down to the last minute to decide winner
- both opposing centers left handed
- a slow down offense vs good defense
- inconsistent 3 pt shooting but someone will get hot and shoot out of their minds
- a coach with first 4 in experience vs coach with NBA head coach experience and first year of college coaching
- a team with no PG's (Steve Alfords words today on Indy sports radio) vs a team with no PGs taller than 6''2
- will officiating be a factor - in the big ten they are blind
- early game jitters for both teams
- IU blows leads consistently
- IU has had hard time all year closing out games when leading as recently as last Saturday against Iowa.
- both teams highly motivated by getting in the tourney whereas a week to ten days ago it didn't seem possible

Thanks for letting me on your forum.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

iubhounds wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:38 pm I don't like seeing that I am the most recent poster on your forum, but I have nothing but time on my hands. Believe me when I say I am not trying to take over, just looking for some pre-game discussion with the opponent. Like I have said in other posts, I think tonight is going to be a great game to watch.

- inconsistent 3 pt shooting but someone will get hot and shoot out of their minds
- a coach with first 4 in experience vs coach with NBA head coach experience and first year of college coaching
- a team with no PG's (Steve Alfords words today on Indy sports radio) vs a team with no PGs taller than 6''2
- IU has had hard time all year closing out games when leading as recently as last Saturday against Iowa.
- both teams highly motivated by getting in the tourney whereas a week to ten days ago it didn't seem possible

Longtime pokes fans are used to a lot of disappointment over the years. This team was nearly a historic over-performing team with about three weeks left in the season. They sort of reverted to the mean over the last part of the season but did just enough to win a bid in the committee's eyes.

I know very little about IU but I can't imagine that any individual player will be a problem from a skill or athletic standpoint. The sum is truly greater than the sum of the parts with this squad. I know Ike and Maldo get lots of press for consuming the most possessions and being efficient but that was really something that the whole team had a hand in. If Indiana can make those two get theirs on their own...it will be bad for Wyoming. Conference foes figured out how to defend the pokes around the time that the losses started coming. That was also during a stretch run of not much rest between games for a team that really only relies on three guys.

I wish I could agree with your prediction of a game that comes down to the last couple possessions but I'm a bit of a gloomy prognosticator for the pokes at this point. The lack of production from anybody outside of Maldo or Ike at this point is not just a coincidence. They have proved to be very mentally tough and motivated on defense during this (slightly) disappointing end of the season so I suppose I could see a situation where a slight less battle tested team than IU would wilt a bit mentally but I don't expect that from a mid-tier B10 team.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

iubhounds wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:38 pm Thanks for letting me on your forum.
We're glad to have you on here. As long as you DON'T say anything nice about BYU (all Wyoming fans hate BYU with a passion), we're cool with ya.

BTW, I had a history professor in college (ECU; Ada, OK) that was from Indiana but he was a Purdue grad. Sadly I had to correct him on how to pronounce Helena, Montana right. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

iubhounds wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:38 pm I don't like seeing that I am the most recent poster on your forum, but I have nothing but time on my hands. Believe me when I say I am not trying to take over, just looking for some pre-game discussion with the opponent. Like I have said in other posts, I think tonight is going to be a great game to watch.

You are most welcome here. Personally I'd much rather see the POV of opposing fans and even some sharp repartee now and then, than the profusion of Eyores in our fan base.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
iubhounds
Buckaroo

Wyokie wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:05 pm
We're glad to have you on here. As long as you DON'T say anything nice about BYU (all Wyoming fans hate BYU with a passion), we're cool with ya.

BTW, I had a history professor in college (ECU; Ada, OK) that was from Indiana but he was a Purdue grad. Sadly I had to correct him on how to pronounce Helena, Montana right. :roll:
Got it ... PUkes grads aren't the smartest of the bunch. I worked with some PUke engineers in the past, book smart but logical thinking was not their strong point. BYU ... our world famous football team with Lee Corso leading the way as HC beat them in the Holiday Bowl 1979 ... I've never been a Cougar fan. :D

I like to remind the PUkes on their forum before they kicked me off for the rest of my life ... "you can figure out how to go to the moon but not the Final 4"
iubhounds
Buckaroo

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:13 pm You are most welcome here. Personally I'd much rather see the POV of opposing fans and even some sharp repartee now and then, than the profusion of Eyores in our fan base.
I just watched the Wyoming - Boise St game highlights and your home game with SDSU, last 5 minutes on YouTube ... Jeffries and Oden could cause issues because IU does not get back to the 3pt shooter well at times plus Jeffries has some amazing range, with accuracy. I think with Ike not being a real leaper, Jackson-Davis will have his 3 blocks per game.
Wyoming might have problems guarding Xavier Johnson but our 3 point shooters are too inconsistent, but seem to hit them at key parts of the game.

Just a tidbit or trivia ... Trace Jackson-Davis 's dad is Dale Davis whole played for the Pacers in the 90's and his stepdad Jackson was a CB with the Colts. His younger brother at 6'7 or 6'8 will go to Tennessee next year as a QB.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

iubhounds wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:16 pm
Wyokie wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:05 pm

Got it ... PUkes grads aren't the smartest of the bunch. I worked with some PUke engineers in the past, book smart but logical thinking was not their strong point. BYU ... our world famous football team with Lee Corso leading the way as HC beat them in the Holiday Bowl 1979 ... I've never been a Cougar fan. :D

I like to remind the PUkes on their forum before they kicked me off for the rest of my life ... "you can figure out how to go to the moon but not the Final 4"
So PUkes are like Fort Fart (CSU) grads.

Also that same professor mis-pronounced salmon. He pronounced it with the L. You don't say it with the l. Dumb. Very dumb. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 125 times

iubhounds wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:23 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:13 pm You are most welcome here. Personally I'd much rather see the POV of opposing fans and even some sharp repartee now and then, than the profusion of Eyores in our fan base.
I just watched the Wyoming - Boise St game highlights and your home game with SDSU, last 5 minutes on YouTube ... Jeffries and Oden could cause issues because IU does not get back to the 3pt shooter well at times plus Jeffries has some amazing range, with accuracy. I think with Ike not being a real leaper, Jackson-Davis will have his 3 blocks per game.
Wyoming might have problems guarding Xavier Johnson but our 3 point shooters are too inconsistent, but seem to hit them at key parts of the game.

Just a tidbit or trivia ... Trace Jackson-Davis 's dad is Dale Davis whole played for the Pacers in the 90's and his stepdad Jackson was a CB with the Colts. His younger brother at 6'7 or 6'8 will go to Tennessee next year as a QB.
A bit of trivia some don’t know about Ike, His grandfather, the late Tom Graham, played in the NFL for seven seasons — including three with the Denver Broncos. His uncle, Daniel, was a star tight end at the University of Colorado and played with the Broncos as well as four other NFL teams.