One Advantage (maybe a big one) for Wyoming

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

This will be coach Linder's 3rd time coaching in the first four.

He was the head assistant coach for Boise St when they played in the first four against LaSalle in 2013.

He was also the head assistant coach for Boise St in 2015 when they played in the first four in Dayton against Dayton.

So while Indiana will have a lot of fans there, coach Linder is already used to having to play a true road game in the first four. Dayton got to play on their home floor that year. Dayton was favored by 4 that game just like Indiana is now. Dayton won the game by 1 point. I remember watching that game. It was a barn burner.

So Wyoming does have the advantage that this will be Coach Linder’s 3rd time coaching in this first four game. So he has already had to do quick game plans for this in the past and knows what will work and won’t most likely from the quick turn around and prep time to logistics of the whole thing. So Wyoming does have that on their side at least.

Hope it helps somewhat.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Lunardi thinks we have a chance to beat em
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 125 times

stymeman wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:32 am Lunardi thinks we have a chance to beat em
Sure could. I would argue goat university, Boise St and even UNLV in the tourney were tougher wins.

If Ike gets his mojo back, can recognize the double, not get flustered we would be fine. He doesn’t need to force so much either.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

I think the biggest advantage is the lack of preparation time for Indiana. You just don't see a lot of college teams that play the post-up style of the late 90's NBA. It was clear that the conference was much more ready for Wyoming in the 2nd half of the conference season. If we can get Ike and Maldonado rolling early on inside and if Indiana makes adjustments to pull the defenders off Jeffries, Oden, Dusell and to open the 3pt shots, we have a really good chance.
iubhounds
Buckaroo

Purdue plays a post up offense ... the only problem is, their center was 7'6" :) Jackson-Davis had a hard time defending his strength and height but we do have a 7'0 of the bench that does decent work. I think Ike may have trouble with JD's quickness ... I can guarantee there is no center in the MW like the MAN at Illinois.

One good thing for your team ... doesn't matter who IU plays ... year after year they seem to find a 3pt shooter averaging below 30% all season until they play IU, then the kid cannot miss. The list of those players is too long to post here. LOL
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

iubhounds wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:04 pm One good thing for your team ... doesn't matter who IU plays ... year after year they seem to find a 3pt shooter averaging below 30% all season until they play IU, then the kid cannot miss. The list of those players is too long to post here. LOL
Well...that is a trend that Cowboy fans also have noticed...Maybe they will both shoot well?
iubhounds
Buckaroo

stymeman wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:32 am Lunardi thinks we have a chance to beat em
Lunardi has never had a good word to say about IU since they fired Tom Crean last year.