NIT or the Big Dance

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

They’re going to be out. End of year collapse will cost them a bid.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 34 times

Well shows what I know. Play in game! Go get it!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

We're in!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I don’t give a poop how good your conference is, if you lose 14 games you should not ever get in. Getting the play in game is lame.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I figured with that UNLV win we would be a 12 seed or a play in. Just goes to show until you have multiple years consecutively appearing in the tournament you just don’t get that benefit of the doubt.

Without UNLV we would be in the NIT or CBI. So hopefully we can manage to get through the play-in and keep rolling.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 64 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:34 pm I don’t give a Sh#t how good your conference is, if you lose 14 games you should not ever get in. Getting the play in game is lame.
Plus, they have a coach that likes to get in fights. It shows how these selection committee's are biased towards big schools. Who knows? There may even be a payout or two for those committee members that got Michigan in.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Glad we got in but I don’t think we can beat Indiana honestly. Hope we do but not going to hold my breath. Of course no matter who we had to match up against I figured it would be tough and Wyoming would likely lose.

We play Tuesday. So not much time to prepare.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:42 pm

This is the worst part of this draw. Our team needs some damn rest and a full week would have been nice
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Also Indiana is only a 2 hour drive to Dayton and Indiana has a rabid basketball fan base. Will be like playing a road game.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 50 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:39 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:34 pm I don’t give a Sh#t how good your conference is, if you lose 14 games you should not ever get in. Getting the play in game is lame.
Plus, they have a coach that likes to get in fights. It shows how these selection committee's are biased towards big schools. Who knows? There may even be a payout or two for those committee members that got Michigan in.
I'm a Michigan fan (behind my alma mater, of course) and I don't get it. B1G gets 8 teams in. Michigan has had a horrible season. WAY underperformed. Shouldn't be a tournament team. There were many more deserving teams.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:58 pm
I'm a Michigan fan (behind my alma mater, of course) and I don't get it. B1G gets 8 teams in. Michigan has had a horrible season. WAY underperformed. Shouldn't be a tournament team. There were many more deserving teams.
Two reasons...they are a NAME school and they'll give high t.v. ratings especially if their coach gets in another fight. Ratings gold.

A lot of at-large teams get in only because of how well the t.v. ratings will be if they are in.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

Anytime you hear the word committee, you know there will be “Tom foolery”. Nothing more than politics……
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:13 pm
Anytime you hear the word committee, you know there will be “Tom foolery”. Nothing more than politics……
Yep. Sadly...
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

They got in because they had the 5th rated SOS and their good wins were really good.

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:43 pm

This is the worst part of this draw. Our team needs some damn rest and a full week would have been nice
Indiana gets less rest than we do if you are worried about that. They played Saturday.

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:44 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:43 pm

Indiana gets less rest than we do if you are worried about that. They played Saturday.
They're a bit deeper than us was my main concern. We have 3 players average over 30 min/game. They have 1.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:32 pm They’re going to be out. End of year collapse will cost them a bid.
What a surprise. Your glass isn't just half empty, it's broken... :roll:
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:32 pm Well shows what I know. Play in game! Go get it!
This, exactly, should apply to everything you say.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

At-large bid is a hell of an accomplishment. Congrats and great job to the coaches and players!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 76 times

I said on other social media that I thought Virginia Tech and Richmond knocked us out, but I am happy to be wrong!