WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

For sure. Elite coach
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

okcwyocowboy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:03 pm Long term.
If Wyoming could they would. They don’t have the money to.

They can extend his contract and pay him 750k per year plus incentives. If he does well, he may make close to a million a year. That won’t be enough to keep him here if a big school wants him and will pay him $2.5 to $3 million a year.

Linder may be here for one more year. After that nothing is off the table probably. He is already on Kansas States short list if they fire Bruce Weber.

Espn had him listed there as a candidate in an article I read a couple days ago.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I'd offer 5 years 3.5 mil...and during that time if he gets poached so be it, but Burman hasta do something and soon otherwise it's vulture season. Cmon Burman get it done!!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:23 pm
okcwyocowboy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:03 pm Long term.
If Wyoming could they would. They don’t have the money to.

They can extend his contract and pay him 750k per year plus incentives. If he does well, he may make close to a million a year. That won’t be enough to keep him here if a big school wants him and will pay him $2.5 to $3 million a year.

Linder may be here for one more year. After that nothing is off the table probably. He is already on Kansas States short list if they fire Bruce Weber.

Espn had him listed there as a candidate in an article I read a couple days ago.
How things have changed. I remember when csewe was the cheap school in the conference. Now, they spend more money on buyouts (Eustacy, Bobo, Adazio - 6 million dollars) than we spend on coaches. I guess we will get another Schroyer/Edwards and a nearly empty AA to go along with our return to the basement.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:55 pm I'd offer 5 years 3.5 mil...and during that time if he gets poached so be it, but Burman hasta do something and soon otherwise it's vulture season. Cmon Burman get it done!!
If you want to keep him around for any length of time they will have to pay him a lot more than 3.5 for 5 years.

Minimum he would need to be paid $5 milly for 5 years and probably more.

Pay him 7.885 million for 6 years, with a Bonus structure that can earn him an extra $400k per year and a buyout of $6.9 million. He will have the exact same contract as Dutcher who is the highest paid in the conference.

That may be enough to keep him around for awhile.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

There has to be some money there. Attendance has doubled this year. Hopefully some sugar daddies/mommies will step up and chip in.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 126 times

I heard a rumor today that LInders agent has a new contract and has for a couple of weeks, but it’s been unsigned.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

I watched Linder’s presser a few minutes ago. The basketball team has to bus to Denver to fly to UNLV! WTh. I’m sure a big name school doesn’t have to do this. Heck, Texas A&M charters 737s from College Station. It’ll be things like this, as well as a salary bump, huge salary bump that would make a young guy like Linder accept something else. Not to mention a player like Ike, or other players that might transfer. There needs to be an increase in the basketball travel budget.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:45 am I watched Linder’s presser a few minutes ago. The basketball team has to bus to Denver to fly to UNLV! WTh. I’m sure a big name school doesn’t have to do this. Heck, Texas A&M charters 737s from College Station. It’ll be things like this, as well as a salary bump, huge salary bump that would make a young guy like Linder accept something else. Not to mention a player like Ike, or other players that might transfer. There needs to be an increase in the basketball travel budget.
I haven’t watched the press conference yet but Wyoming already has a charter plane they use for road games. There must be a reason they can’t use it for this game.

Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

I haven’t watched the press conference yet but Wyoming already has a charter plane they use for road games. There must be a reason they can’t use it for this game.
[/quote]

Here you are, 1:51 mark.

WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:58 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:45 am I watched Linder’s presser a few minutes ago. The basketball team has to bus to Denver to fly to UNLV! WTh. I’m sure a big name school doesn’t have to do this. Heck, Texas A&M charters 737s from College Station. It’ll be things like this, as well as a salary bump, huge salary bump that would make a young guy like Linder accept something else. Not to mention a player like Ike, or other players that might transfer. There needs to be an increase in the basketball travel budget.
The charter plane they use is one of the state planes and it isn't always available. The last several years both the men's and women's teams have drove to Denver and flown out multiple times instead of flying out of Laramie.

The only team that always charters is football. But even then, they have to fly out of Cheyenne half the time and any adverse weather won't allow them to land back in Laramie (land in Fort Collins or Denver and bus back instead).
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I think he stays one more year.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Linder is getting 82% of the vote.

In the other match up they have more vote for English but I don’t think they know basketball very well. Todd Golden is a far better coach than English.

I was wanting Wyoming to take a hard look at Todd Golden after his first year at San Francisco when Allen Edwards was still our coach. I knew Golden was going to be a really good coach.

Anyways doubt Linder would go to Missouri. I think he stays out west. Doesn’t have any ties to Missouri. But who knows.