Beat the lambs

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

we all knew we weren't a dominant team. We won a lot of close games and we're regressing to where we probably belong. We're a top 4 team for sure. I was really wanting that regular season title but that's probably toast now. Good to know we can still hang when our duo gets shut down
W-Y, Until I Die!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Good thing Jeffries and DuSell stepped up or that would have been a massacre. It seems Ike was getting mauled and couldn’t get a whistle.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

CSU took away Ike and Maldonado by forcing them off their spots and doubling them. The only offense that worked all game was moving the ball for open threes. What did Linder do? He went back to what wasn't working over and over.

Dusell with 4 fouls? Let's put him on their primary ball handler when UW has to foul. This loss is on Linder.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

307bball wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:50 pm Man...looking like the peak came a few weeks ago for this squad...rats.
Yeah that is what I have been thinking since the New Mexico game. We might have peaked already.

Well we have to go undefeated the rest of the regular season to not be put right on the bubble now. Losing to UNLV won’t be the worst loss but it won’t be great either.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

He wears the completely wrong jersey but I love Roddy's game...and he doesn't seem to be a douche bag. Not a popular opinion here tonight I'm sure. Him and the dude off the bench were really the only thing they had tonight. If Ike or Maldo show up this is a win....bummer
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

DVDA wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:59 pm CSU took away Ike and Maldonado by forcing them off their spots and doubling them. The only offense that worked all game was moving the ball for open threes. What did Linder do? He went back to what wasn't working over and over.

Dusell with 4 fouls? Let's put him on their primary ball handler when UW has to foul. This loss is on Linder.
I was thinking about how I would defend Wyoming if I was a coach the last couple of weeks. I was thinking I would double Ike every time and double Maldonado every time and just let Wyoming shoot 3’s the whole game and see if they can beat you.

I didn’t get to watch most of the game because of the triple overtime Big East game, but it seems that is what CSU did tonight.

If I was a coach I would defend Wyoming every time now this way. Linder will have to make an adjustment.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

ZapPoke wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:59 pm Good thing Jeffries and DuSell stepped up or that would have been a massacre. It seems Ike was getting mauled and couldn’t get a whistle.
I wouldn't say he got mauled. He definitely got fouled a few times that weren't called and he definitely didn't get the whistle he normally gets. I'll give 2 hacks that weren't called and 2 bodies that weren't called. He goes 5-8 from the line and it's pretty much even steven. bummer, but you knew they weren't going to give Ike the fouls. Hell I saw Roddy get away with a few ticky tack type fouls that they were calling on DuSell all night.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

we will see these guys in the tournament. They made adjustments. Linder will make adjustments on the double teams. Ike played horrible.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:07 pm we will see these guys in the tournament. They made adjustments. Linder will make adjustments on the double teams. Ike played horrible.
It would be great to see the Pokes send the ewes packing and send them home from Las Vegas.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

It still sucks to be a CSewe goat……
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

DVDA wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:59 pm CSU took away Ike and Maldonado by forcing them off their spots and doubling them. The only offense that worked all game was moving the ball for open threes. What did Linder do? He went back to what wasn't working over and over.

LOL
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Adjustments big time to say the least, I had a feeling once teams figgered out how to take Ike and Maldo outta games we'd be in trouble. Hey Ike it's ok to go to the rim with authority, i like ur finesse too but make the rim your enemy. X keep shooting don't disappear and JO where are you??? As for Maldo I think he's outta gas. 4 left and as always NONE will be easy!!! Reinvent ourselves, beat Nevada from start to finish!!! Get some confidence back and know this is NOT a bad loss as long as we take something outta it and play our ball the rest of the way!!! Glad it wasn't a blowout!!!, coulda been
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Meved's strategy of parking Roddy under the basket on every defensive posession took away our entire inside game. Brilliant coaching. Linder countered back with quick ball movement to open shooters that FINALLY got their shots back.

The only thing that really bothered me about this game was the complete lack of situational awareness the last 2 minutes. We needed to score NOW, not dick around with the ball. Other than that I'm really pleased with how this one went.

All but a guarantee that we'll see round 3 in Vegas.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

DVDA wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:59 pm l. This loss is on Linder.
Absolutely true. He was out-coached this time. I was wondering how long it would take for an opponent to really put the pressure on Ike and Maldo. Now that the recipe is out, I expect big problems for the Pokes unless Linder changes things a bit for the remaining games.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:51 am
Absolutely true. He was out-coached this time. I was wondering how long it would take for an opponent to really put the pressure on Ike and Maldo. Now that the recipe is out, I expect big problems for the Pokes unless Linder changes things a bit for the remaining games.
I don't know about laying it totally at Linder's feet. Is he the reason that Maldo completely disappeared? You can say he made the wrong decision in staying the course trying to feed Ike and get Maldo going until the bitter end only in hind-sight. Why would you go away from your incredibly consistent bread and butter?...By the way Maldo and Ike have both had stretches like this within games and bounced back during the game itself so there is a track record of them pulling it out even when struggling.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

307bball wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:07 am
Adv8RU12 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:51 am
I don't know about laying it totally at Linder's feet. Is he the reason that Maldo completely disappeared? You can say he made the wrong decision in staying the course trying to feed Ike and get Maldo going until the bitter end only in hind-sight. Why would you go away from your incredibly consistent bread and butter?...By the way Maldo and Ike have both had stretches like this within games and bounced back during the game itself so there is a track record of them pulling it out even when struggling.
I agree with this.