San Diego St. game postponed

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Due to COVID-19-related concerns within the Wyoming men’s basketball program, the game between the Cowboys and San Diego State scheduled for January 12 has been postponed.

If the game cannot be rescheduled, it will be declared a no contest.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Not sure what the Wyoming basketball team is doing, but this is getting ridiculous with their Covid problems. Seems we have more issues with it than anybody in the conference.

Haven’t even played one conference game yet. Getting beyond the point of ridiculous now.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

CNPOKE
Buckaroo

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

CNPOKE wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:16 pm
Is getting Rick-rolled STILL a thing?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

awesome
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:16 pm
CNPOKE wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:16 pm
Is getting Rick-rolled STILL a thing?
Has over a billion views.

I’m not Rick rolling anyone though. Game really is post poned

WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

At this rate we'll be 11-2 overall, 0-0 in conference heading into the MW tournament in March
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Hey UW...refunds?

I am over this poop. I was very much looking forward to our 2021-2022 hoops season, and I am close to not giving a damn now.

:thumbdown:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:58 pm
I am over this Sh#t. I was very much looking forward to our 2021-2022 hoops season, and I am close to not giving a damn now.

Me too. We will be rusty as a team when we finally start playing again that we probably drop a few of our first games back.

I went from super excited for the conference season and the possibility of making a post season tournament back to pretty much writing the rest of the season off at this point.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

What’s are the chances SDSU makes the trip to Laramie this year? 5%
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:12 pm What’s are the chances SDSU makes the trip to Laramie this year? 5%
Don’t think they will end up playing here. So we get screwed out of a home game. Of course they already have a make up date for our road game at Nevada.

Pretty much just write this season off now. The team will be rusty as hell now and have no momentum. I Imagine they will lose quite a few games if/ when they start playing again.

Guess it was someone’s dumb idea to give all of our players booster shots on the same day. Which I guess makes people get sick or test positive the week after. So that makes us not get to play for two weeks. Talk about not planning very well.

Was thinking we had a decent chance at one of the post season tournaments maybe but not now.

Guess we will have to wait for another fantastic year of Bohl football at this rate.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:36 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:12 pm What’s are the chances SDSU makes the trip to Laramie this year? 5%
Don’t think they will end up playing here. So we get screwed out of a home game. Of course they already have a make up date for our road game at Nevada.

Pretty much just write this season off now. The team will be rusty as hell now and have no momentum. I Imagine they will lose quite a few games if/ when they start playing again.

Guess it was someone’s dumb idea to give all of our players booster shots on the same day. Which I guess makes people get sick or test positive the week after. So that makes us not get to play for two weeks. Talk about not planning very well.

Was thinking we had a decent chance at one of the post season tournaments maybe but not now.

Guess we will have to wait for another fantastic year of Bohl football at this rate.
Yup. The season is utterly ruined at this point. You are right that we will get screwed out of home games with Boise and SDSU, but will have to play both on the road. All boosted on the same day huh? how many times are they going to pump these healthy, young athletes full of these shots?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:36 am

Ugh. 2022 WYO sports... :roll:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:58 pm Hey UW...refunds?

I am over this poop. I was very much looking forward to our 2021-2022 hoops season, and I am close to not giving a damn now.

Have they said anything about refunds for season ticket holders yet? I damn near pulled the trigger this year, but decided against it. Glad I did.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I'll just consider my season tix a donation. Whatever.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

I believe if you call the ticket office they will give you refunds for canceled games, if that is what you want to do.

Not sure of the details of it though.

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Is the booster shot thing real?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

laxwyo wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:45 pm Is the booster shot thing real?
You mean the whole "booster shot is what causing heart attacks or strokes in older people" thing? It might. Bob Saget had a booster shot this past November, I believe, and officials think he died Sunday from a heart attack. I read in one article he just had COVID a few weeks and was just now recovering from it.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Not sure what exactly you are asking but I’ll try to answer.

If you mean did the players all get the booster shot at the same time or same day? Then yes it seems they did.

It is documented also that when you get the booster shots, that “most” people get somewhat sickest from it or test positive for Covid the next week or two from it.

So not sure why they planned it that way. Seems like they could have planned better.

It’s not a vaxx versus anti-vaxx thing at all. Just that they could have planned it better if they wanted to give players boosters shots already and maybe let a couple players get it here and a couple others get it later or figured something out so all these games don’t get postponed. Who knows?? Not sure how many times all of the healthy young Athletes are going to have to get boosters though.

Not sure if that answers your question or not?

WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

Unsubstantiated rumor