Coaching record at 10 years

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Anything short of 9 wins in the regular season next year puts coach Bohl at or under .500 going into a decade with the program.

In order to hit .500 in conference he needs a perfect season.

How is there any debate about the quality of this program?

A decade in and there’s no way the head coach will have a winning record in conference and likely overall either. It’s been five years since he had a winning season in conference.

The program hasn’t been competitive against MW opponents in half a decade.
52-56
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

You're asking the wrong question. I said it in another thread, but put yourself in the average taxpayer's shoes. Blue collar and no affiliation to UW. What does football do for UW and the state of WY? Why is it nescessary? What tangible evidence is there that it improves enrollment, finances, etc.?

Obviously to us it is important but to the average taxpayer, i'm not so sure. For me, I always liked that it gave young men a chance to earn a degree and provided revenue for other sports to do the same. As free agency sets in, providing an opportunity at a degree and becoming a fellow alumnus just became a minor part of cfb. Now the other justifications become more important. I'm not sure I support spending 25-30 million dollars so 25k people can watch a game on campus 7 times a fall.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

jessejames02 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:54 am Anything short of 9 wins in the regular season next year puts coach Bohl at or under .500 going into a decade with the program.

A decade in and there’s no way the head coach will have a winning record in conference and likely overall either. It’s been five years since he had a winning season in conference.

If we win 5 games next year, that will be Bohl’s best accomplishment at Wyoming.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:19 am
jessejames02 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:54 am Anything short of 9 wins in the regular season next year puts coach Bohl at or under .500 going into a decade with the program.

If we win 5 games next year, that will be Bohl’s best accomplishment at Wyoming.
I haven’t looked at the schedule but 4-8 would probably be a rabbit out of a hat
W-Y, Until I Die!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Actually there are a lot of Wyoming people who take pride in supporting UW who are not alumni. Remember only around 15% of the population have a degree. It’s not always a matter of being an alumnus it’s the fact that it’s the only game in town and most native Wyomingites are proud of their state.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

ZapPoke wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:44 pm Actually there are a lot of Wyoming people who take pride in supporting UW who are not alumni. Remember only around 15% of the population have a degree. It’s not always a matter of being an alumnus it’s the fact that it’s the only game in town and most native Wyomingites are proud of their state.
To be sure but are they only proud of UW because of football?

Things probably won't change much but if players continue to transfer like this, it will be interesting to see if support remains.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.