Tater Bowl?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

Is there still a game on the 21st?

How many tickets did we sell? Dozens? Hundreds?

The one email I received from the Athletic Department signals the excitement and dedication that seems to surround this event within and outside UW.

SMH :coffee:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Seems if the AD makes a big deal about this event they will get criticized, and if they don't promote the event heavily they get criticized.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:40 am Seems if the AD makes a big deal about this event they will get criticized, and if they don't promote the even heavily they get criticized.
I actually think you are right. Not much to be excited about, except to get excited about any excitement about something that isn't very exciting...

Apart from that, over/under on eclipsing 10,000 in the stands?
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:40 am Seems if the AD makes a big deal about this event they will get criticized, and if they don't promote the even heavily they get criticized.
Yeah, Burman accepts the invite and then gets criticism for promoting it? That doesn't make any sense to me. I agree that it isn't a great bowl game. I'm not excited based on how the season went and especially about the last game, but accepting a bowl invite is a no-brainer. Extra practice time, a fun event for the players, another chance for kids to show off their skills, helps with recruiting and exposure.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:51 am
I actually think you are right. Not much to be excited about, except to get excited about any excitement about something that isn't very exciting...

Apart from that, over/under on eclipsing 10,000 in the stands?
lose lose situation for the Pokes. 6-6 and a crappy bowl game.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

flyfishwyo wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:06 am
Yeah, Burman accepts the invite and then gets criticism for promoting it? That doesn't make any sense to me. I agree that it isn't a great bowl game. I'm not excited based on how the season went and especially about the last game, but accepting a bowl invite is a no-brainer. Extra practice time, a fun event for the players, another chance for kids to show off their skills, helps with recruiting and exposure.
If we don't accept the bid that would piss off a lot of people. If we act like this bowl is a big deal then I'm sure a lot of people would be off put and see that as us celebrating mediocrity. Now the AD is not promoting the game much and some are asking "where's the buzz"?

I personally agree that it's a good thing, but you can't act like it's a great accomplishment. The AD is getting this just about right imo.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

The bowl system is antiquated. It needs to go. Expand the playoff with conference championship and make only 2 at large bids. Think your conference deserves more? Tough poop, you shouldn’t have destroyed college football through conference expansion while pursuing television money. Wyoming should be in a conference with CSU, CU, Utah, Utah St, BYU, Nebraska, Boise and the Kansas schools, New Mexico. Something like that instead of the dog turd of conferences we have now.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

The entire organization poop the bed and they’re trying to sneak out the back without anyone noticing.

Cowboy tough.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:28 pm The bowl system is antiquated. It needs to go. Expand the playoff with conference championship and make only 2 at large bids. Think your conference deserves more? Tough Sh#t, you shouldn’t have destroyed college football through conference expansion while pursuing television money. Wyoming should be in a conference with CSU, CU, Utah, Utah St, BYU, Nebraska, Boise and the Kansas schools, New Mexico. Something like that instead of the dog turd of conferences we have now.
I wouldn't even allow the at large bids. Make 8, 10, or 12 conferences and only accept the conference champions into a playoff. That would split these big schools up in a heartbeat and push college football back to what it should be.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

DVDA wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:21 pm
laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:28 pm The bowl system is antiquated. It needs to go. Expand the playoff with conference championship and make only 2 at large bids. Think your conference deserves more? Tough Sh#t, you shouldn’t have destroyed college football through conference expansion while pursuing television money. Wyoming should be in a conference with CSU, CU, Utah, Utah St, BYU, Nebraska, Boise and the Kansas schools, New Mexico. Something like that instead of the dog turd of conferences we have now.
I wouldn't even allow the at large bids. Make 8, 10, or 12 conferences and only accept the conference champions into a playoff. That would split these big schools up in a heartbeat and push college football back to what it should be.
This. Win your conference and you're in. Would bring back the regional aspect of college sports that has gone by the wayside. Nebraska-Maryland? Washington-Colorado? These shouldn't be league games.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

;) Maybe enough of the players will catch an omicron cold and they’ll cancel the game.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:58 am ;) Maybe enough of the players will catch an omicron cold and they’ll cancel the game.
Sincerely doubt we'll be THAT lucky!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:06 am
If playing in the Potato Bowl helped with recruiting we’d be national champions by now.