Potato Bowl vs. Kent State

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Extra practices etc. should help out with this team. I can see the players being excited for this because they get to keep playing. Boise is less than ideal and I doubt many fans will go, just like the last time we played there. I hope athletics has the option to buy tickets and donate them to the local Boys and Girls club in Boise like they did last time.

Just looking at flights out of Denver and it's around $550+ per person for flights, and driving across southern Wyoming, northern Utah, and southern Idaho in late December sounds horrible. Tough sell for a lot of fans that don't know what team is going to show up. Is it the team that blasted Ball State, the sheep and USU? Or is it the team that got blanked by New Mexico?
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:56 pm
poke_addict wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:37 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:25 pm I got kicked out of Pokes Nation for suggesting we shouldn’t support the team going to some sh#t[#] meaningless bowl. If any of those moderators visit here, I want you to know you are a pu$$y b!tch and can fist yourself until
You bleed chunks the size of quarters.
Definitely your choice buddy..
What’s my choice?
Literally not a soul on earth gives a f-word if you support the team or not. So its your choice. You wouldn't have the balls to get on that field and sure as f-word would never want you as a teammate friend....
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

GoPokes86 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:16 pm Extra practices etc. should help out with this team. I can see the players being excited for this because they get to keep playing. Boise is less than ideal and I doubt many fans will go, just like the last time we played there. I hope athletics has the option to buy tickets and donate them to the local Boys and Girls club in Boise like they did last time.

Just looking at flights out of Denver and it's around $550+ per person for flights, and driving across southern Wyoming, northern Utah, and southern Idaho in late December sounds horrible. Tough sell for a lot of fans that don't know what team is going to show up. Is it the team that blasted Ball State, the sheep and USU? Or is it the team that got blanked by New Mexico?
My thoughts purdy much as well...expensive flights, I-80 in December, I-84 thru Utah and Idaho, and not knowing which team or part of the roller coaster they'll be on. Hopefully they all go in the next 2 weeks and come out like they did for CSU and Utah St...NOT vs New Mexico and Hawaii. I won't be making the trek that way, I wished it was the NM Bowl. Hoping the extra practice helps....I would go if it were a weekend and for the Basque food in Boise. Get it done Pokes
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

poke_addict wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:32 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:25 pm I got kicked out of Pokes Nation for suggesting we shouldn’t support the team going to some sh#t[#] meaningless bowl. If any of those moderators visit here, I want you to know you are a pu$$y b!tch and can fist yourself until
What’s my choice?
Literally not a soul on earth gives a [#]f##k if you support the team or not. So its your choice. You wouldn't have the balls to get on that field and sure as [#]f##k would never want you as a teammate friend....
I care if I support the team. So that’s one soul. Hey everyone, I found someone who thinks 6-6 and the dishwater bowl is worth hanging a banner. Pathetic.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:13 am
What’s my choice?
Literally not a soul on earth gives a [#]f##k if you support the team or not. So its your choice. You wouldn't have the balls to get on that field and sure as [#]f##k would never want you as a teammate friend....
I care if I support the team. So that’s one soul. Hey everyone, I found someone who thinks 6-6 and the dishwater bowl is worth hanging a banner. Pathetic.
You don’t support the team. You constantly rag on the program and the performances of our 18-22 year olds. When they do win, you find additional ways to take digs at the players. The only explanation I can chalk it up to is not being picked for a team during childhood has caused longstanding envy problems.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Kent State wants a track meet. WYO will want to pound it.

Time for Bohl ball to shine to keep the D fresh. Only watched 1 Kent State game; definitely tries to be up tempo.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:20 am Kent State wants a track meet. WYO will want to pound it.

Time for Bohl ball to shine to keep the D fresh. Only watched 1 Kent State game; definitely tries to be up tempo.
Bodes well for Wyoming. I thought that was a problem with USU’s game plan against Wyoming. Kent State split with Northern Illinois.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

J-Bone wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:04 pm
Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:15 pm Turn it down Bohl! The Spud Chucker Bowl is actually punishment, not reward.
Still better than going to a bowl game named after Jimmy Kimmel 🤮
Except that's where the conference champ goes. I'd like to see one of those in my lifetime.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:05 am
What’s my choice?
You don’t support the team. You constantly rag on the program and the performances of our 18-22 year olds. When they do win, you find additional ways to take digs at the players. The only explanation I can chalk it up to is not being picked for a team during childhood has caused longstanding envy problems.
So not supporting mediocrity is the result of some deep-seated psychosis?

I’d argue the opposite.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 15 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:11 pm Good for the pokes. I’ll watch on tv for sure
I'll be flying to the in-laws for the holidays, so pixel vision for me.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Get help.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

CowboyNV wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:43 pm Watching Wyoming is a lot like getting shots of Novocaine in the roof of your mouth. It hurts like a mother f##k[#] for a while, then you go numb and simply don't give a Sh#t. After 8 years of the Bohl rollercoaster, I'm comfortably numb. And I simply don't give a Sh#t anymore.
This is exactly how I feel. Bohl is not a good coach and we're stuck with him. I really don't give a poop anymore. Football is always going to be a bad product so I'm done wasting energy on it. I'll watch but I'm not going out of my way to watch any of their games.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

This guy isn't too excited about the game...
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ighlights/
Then there's Wyoming. The Cowboys are on the opposite end of the spectrum and approach snapping the ball like a moody teenager does that full garbage can.

It's not until the referee asks them to snap the ball for the third time that they finally groan and do it, which is why the Cowboys rank 111th nationally with 776 plays
Ouch, lol.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

The more I look at this game, the more I like Wyoming's chances.

Wyoming was largely successful on offense against USU because their corners were undersized which was to the strengths of Cobbs and Neyor....Kent State's starting CBs are listed both at 5'10 (meaning they are probably really 5'9). For comparison, Utah State's Corners/Nickel are listed at 5'10 and 5'11.

Wyoming also has played 2 other defenses that run the 3-4. These were Ball State and San Jose State. Against these teams, Wyoming was effective running the ball which opened things up in the pass game. Note: I am not counting New Mexico's defense because that is significantly different than the typical 3-4.

We appear to match up well with Kent State from a cursory look.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

What’s my choice?
There’s also something extremely disappointing about someone who only joins the discussion to be negative. It’s like the guy at work who only wants to talk pokes football after they lose and all he ever says is “they f-word suck”. No one likes that guy.
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:07 pm
What’s my choice?
There’s also something extremely disappointing about someone who only joins the discussion to be negative. It’s like the guy at work who only wants to talk pokes football after they lose and all he ever says is “they f##k[#] suck”. No one likes that guy.
Haha nailed it.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Muma will play in the bowl game. Props to him in the new world where NFL prospects skip bowl games.

Glinton will replace Blankenbaker in starting lineup.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:34 pm Muma will play in the bowl game. Props to him in the new world where NFL prospects skip bowl games.

Glinton will replace Blankenbaker in starting lineup.
Good for muma. Glinton can play
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

What’s my choice?
That must be it! What do I owe ya, doc?
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

Man, expectations are a biatch. I remember going to the Potato Bowl in 2011. It had been 14 years since USU had been to a bowl. We were still in the WAC, and considered ourselves lucky to be there, given where we'd been. Everyone at Utah State was so excited to be going to a bowl, ANY bowl, we were all crapping potatoes for a week.

I get that this is a disappointment. Yeah, if you had played like you did against us in every game, you'd be the ones going to the LA Bowl. And I guess it really isn't any of my business, but that's never stopped me. My advice, let go of what could have been, live in the moment, and try to enjoy what you've got. Most of those kids on your team worked damned hard all year, and they've earned a bowl game experience, and I think they deserve your support. So suck up your own feelings, and support the kids. You can tell me to go to hell, but that's how I feel.

Oh, and I love you guys.
Go Pokes! Go AGGIES!