Detroit Mercy Titans.....Wednesday, Nov 10, 7:00 p.m....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

The defense looks really good so far. This is encouraging.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Are the students on break or something?
W-Y, Until I Die!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

It is so nice to have an athletic big man who can defend, rebound, and score.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Don't know if Detroit Mercy is going to be worth a damn this season, don't care either. Feels good to beat the piss out of somebody, especially to open a season.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Well maybe we will have something to look forward to with this basketball team. Cautiously optimistic.

Great game by the Pokes!

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

In a small sample size, after watching this game we look damn good. When a top 3 player only has 3 points (Dusell) and you win by 38, it’s a damn good night. He’s an amazing defensive player!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

We looked great on the defensive glass, defending the three point line, and minimizing the opposing teams free throw attempts: three keys to Jeff Linder's defense.

I don't know how many turnovers we finished with but we had 5 team turnovers with 8 minutes left in the game.

That's pretty damn impressive for a season opener.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 238 times

Impressive showing. We made them look like a Juco team. DuSell had an off night and we killed them
Last edited by LanderPoke on Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Interestingly BPI had Detroit Mercy at 151 and a contender for the horizon league. Pokes were 197 before last nights game.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

I wasn’t able to watch most of the game. Did any of the new guys impress anybody?
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Either that team was terrible or we’re way better than people thought. I told a friend that I thought we could be the 3rd best team in conference.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:25 am I wasn’t able to watch most of the game. Did any of the new guys impress anybody?
Dut and Wenzel got non-garbage time minutes. Dut looks like he'll be a distributor. Wenzel didn't stand out a ton but he knocked down two 3s
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 238 times

Poke in New England wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:15 am
Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:25 am I wasn’t able to watch most of the game. Did any of the new guys impress anybody?
Dut and Wenzel got non-garbage time minutes. Dut looks like he'll be a distributor. Wenzel didn't stand out a ton but he knocked down two 3s
neither are Marcus Williams. That's for sure.

Dut does not look terribly quick to me, but he is pretty big for a guard. Wenzel looks like a good shooter and he penetrated inside past his man once and made a nice pass. I think Wenzel has the most potential out of the new guards.

That lefty guard, Reynolds, looks quite athletic and strong. Only got to see him for a few minutes, though.

My thoughts:
Ike was basically unstoppable. He is going to be a great player all year. He needs to feel the double team a bit better and make good passes, but he scored even when he was getting doubled!

Maldo is just a good player. After all these years, I trust him.

Thompson looks like he's moving better. I'd actually like him to be more aggressive when he does get the ball. He got an offensive board, basically had a layup and passed it out. Thompson should shoot it whenever open, he's a great shooter.

DuSell looks like he's added weight and looks athletic and strong. He will be a damn good player this year despite his off shooting night. Played some great defense.

Jeffries is a deadly shooter. He will be a weapon and fits this team perfectly. He was getting tons of rebounds and was playing great defense, too. Will be a great player this year.

Oden looks much stronger and more physical. He held his own down low and helped clean up the boards. Of all the players he's transformed his game the most. Super excited for what Oden can bring to the team this year.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Jeff Linder post game Detroit Mercy....

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Graham Ike....This guy needs a nickname and I'm pretty sure "Manbeast" is already taken...

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

By the end of this season, all of the opposing fans are going to be saying, "When is this guy going to leave". Not yet, is the answer.

Poke in New England
Cowpoke

Old-Bull wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:25 am Graham Ike....This guy needs a nickname and I'm pretty sure "Manbeast" is already taken...

Seems like a down to earth kid and and a good teammate. You wonder if he realizes how good he could be
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:44 am Either that team was terrible or we’re way better than people thought. I told a friend that I thought we could be the 3rd best team in conference.
I’m being as unbiased as possible and I would say it is more of we are going to be better than what people think.

Reason I say that is I watched a lot of fundamentals with this team last night and they were blocking out their man on the defensive boards and Detroit was only getting one shot up down court most times. The spacing we have on offense is superb.

Wyoming was making the extra pass when they needed to. They were making passes to open guys. Wyoming has an inside and outside game this year. All of them were down in their stances closing out on defense individually and also playing great team defense.

Usually you don’t see teams that are picked upper half of the Horizon league get blown out by 40 points unless they are playing a top 15 type team. I’m not saying Wyoming is a top 25 team even. Just that usually middle of the pack Horizon teams are usually competitive with a bottom league picked MWC team than losing by almost 40 points. Detroit has a good coach and preseason player of the year in their conference. Probably not the best game they will play on their part this year but I do think it is more the case of Wyoming being better than what most media thought we would be.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times

Old-Bull wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:25 am Graham Ike....This guy needs a nickname and I'm pretty sure "Manbeast" is already taken...

"Godzilla"
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory