Craig Bohl Presser - 11/1

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

Craig Bohl held his weekly presser today.

1) Perhaps most notably and Craig Bohl on his personal situation - "I am not a wealthy guy." I found this statement a bit offensive that the state's highest paid employee believes that he is not a wealthy guy. I find this offensive to the 99.9% of us folks in the State that make substantially less.

Other comments:
1) Eberhart out against Colorado State and probably out for year.
2) Levi Williams will be the starter against Colorado State.
3) Offense and Offensive line played well against SJSU.
4) Defense and tackling were concerns and we must player better defense.
5) Frank Crum has improved tremendously and is playing with a nasty edge.
6) Bohl states that this is a fun team to coach but guys like Sean Chambers make it easy when you are on a skid and a reason why he still coaching (I found this to be a very encouraging comment).
7) Tracy Ringbolsby asked about putting both QBs in at the same time - - Bohl states that he won't divulge what he is going to do but that if Adazzio asks he will tell him that they will play both QBs.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:24 pm Craig Bohl held his weekly presser today.

1) Perhaps most notably and Craig Bohl on his personal situation - "I am not a wealthy guy." I found this statement a bit offensive that the state's highest paid employee believes that he is not a wealthy guy. I find this offensive to the 99.9% of us folks in the State that make substantially less.

Other comments:
6) Bohl states that this is a fun team to coach but guys like Sean Chambers make it easy when you are on a skid and a reason why he still coaching (I found this to be a very encouraging comment).
7) Tracy Ringbolsby asked about putting both QBs in at the same time - - Bohl states that he won't divulge what he is going to do but that if Adazzio asks he will tell him that they will play both QBs.
wow. He makes more in a month net than I do gross in a year! That's an insensitive comment. At best. Reading in betweent he lines: I'm not resigning and will take all the money

And how he can give praise to the offensive line is asinine. Especially Crum. It's like he lives in an alternate reality that's opposite of what happens on game days.

Sucks to lose Eberhardt. He plays hard and has a lot of heart and cares. Having siad that, maybe we'll be able to gain a solitary yard on punt returns now.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:24 pm Craig Bohl held his weekly presser today.

Other comments:
The offensive line played well?? What game was I watching?
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

To be fair I don't think Bohl was directly speaking about "wealth" in terms of his finances. The eating at Wendy's reference was more about him not being eccentric or just being a normal guy.
I'm good for 3!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

Cornpoke wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:36 pm To be fair I don't think Bohl was directly speaking about "wealth" in terms of his finances. The eating at Wendy's reference was more about him not being eccentric or just being a normal guy.
Thanks for the insight. I think that is a possibility of what he meant now that you mention it. It didn’t come across to me that way just listening. I’ve never heard someone use the phrase of “I am not a wealthy guy” to mean “I am a normal guy.” Either way, it was a strange comment.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

"Bohl states that he won't divulge what he is going to do but that if Adazzio asks he will tell him that they will play both QBs"

That ought to put the fear into the Rams, goes with where Bohl's mind is at. Hey coach, maybe just hand the keys off to the coordinators and head up a couple levels to the Wildcatter. Suck on a couple Wild Turkey's and 7, call it good for the year.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

Them talking about Crum positively was the most baffling. His man abused him and a swinging saloon door would have worked better.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 92 times

laxwyo wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:50 am Them talking about Crum positively was the most baffling. His man abused him and a swinging saloon door would have worked better.
I clearly do not watch these guys and see the same things the coaches are seeing. I agree with you, lax, our offensive line stinks. At the end of every play, they are usually hovering over the RB or QB that just got clobbered, instead of picking themselves up after a pancake block or running to the huddle after getting to the second level and smoking a LB or CB.