Bills Mafia in Laramie for Ball State Game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Not sure if you guys saw this, but I thought it was pretty cool. About a 100 Bills Mafia are coming to the Ball State game this weekend.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

This is super cool! There seem to be a lot of similarities between Wyoming fans and Bills fans. Looking forward to seeing them all in Laramie!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

This is a pretty good chance to build a bit of a fan base in upstate New York of all places. We better not lay an egg. Go Pokes!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Wow! That is beyond cool.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Welcome to Wyoming, Bills Mafia!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Of interest may be that Paul Toscano, the QB that led the Pokes in the 1968 Sugar Bowl was from New York (although from the opposite side of the state from Buffalo). So we probably had some New York Cowboy fans back in the day. Oddly enough he was drafted by the Houston Oilers to play defensive back.

Pretty cool that the Bills Mafia are making this trip.
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

During my first attempt at UW, I was there for the Lloyd Eaton "Glory Years." If my memory is correct, Paul Toscano was originally a defensive back, along with Bobby Aylward. When Tom Wilkinson left for the Edmonton Eskimos, Paul Toscano was moved to quarterback. They had Jim Kiick at running back, and Toscano was a competent passer, so it all worked out. Because of my last name, I sat next to Jim Kiick in a class for a semester when we were freshmen. Several other freshmen football players were in that class too, and their normal routine was to arrive early and whistle and make cat-calls as the girls arrived. After things settled down, they all slept. I had Kiick's head on my shoulder more than once. Amazing!
It's really too bad that Eaton let his arrogance rule his better judgement when the Black 14 Incident occurred. I was in the Army with Mel Hamilton, after he was booted from the team by Eaton in 1967. Mel had no cash to pay his own tuition, etc., so he got drafted. Me? My girlfriend dumped on me, so I quit school and volunteered for The Draft. Smart, eh? Mel and I became friends during Basic Training, but went different directions after that. I got back from Vietnam in August of 1969, and learned that Mel was out of the Army and back on the UW football team. Then in October of 1969. the INCIDENT happened. Because of The GI Bill, Mel was able to stay in school. The following summer, I ran into Mel in the locker room of The Half Acre. We talked for about an hour, and Mel told me the whole story from the players' perspective. Mel was always a straight-shooter, so I believe what he told me. My opinion is that mistakes were made by the players in the way they approached Eaton about the "Protest," and that Eaton let his pride and arrogance get in the way, and reacted without thinking it through. You need to remember that in the Sixties, successful football coaches were dictator gods, and their word was law. Lloyd Eaton, Frank Kush, Woody Hayes and many, many more. Just a little history from someone who was there. A long time ago. Let's assume that my memory is correct. FYI ... Mel and I watched the Sugar Bowl in the Company Day Room at Fort Bliss, Texas. At one point, Mel said: "I love those players like my brothers, but I despise Lloyd Eaton!"
Let's hear your stories from The Ghost of Cowboy Past!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

WyoGeezer wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:26 am Let's hear your stories from The Ghost of Cowboy Past!
But only if you make it easier to read by using paragraphs.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

WyoGeezer wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:26 am I had Kiick's head on my shoulder more than once. Amazing!
This is my favorite part haha :lol:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

This is really neat, oh to have that kind of disposable income. Lol
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

stymeman wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:45 am This is really neat, oh to have that kind of disposable income. Lol
That "Ab Bae" that started the thread has an onlyfans link on her twitter page. I'm guessing if you were a decent looking chick that's willing to flog yourself with a cucumber for millions of people to watch, you might have that kind of cash too. :D
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Old-Bull wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:13 am
stymeman wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:45 am This is really neat, oh to have that kind of disposable income. Lol
That "Ab Bae" that started the thread has an onlyfans link on her twitter page. I'm guessing if you were a decent looking chick that's willing to flog yourself with a cucumber for millions of people to watch, you might have that kind of cash too. :D
:lol: :lol:
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

Anyone interact with the Bills Mafia over the weekend? Would be great to hear their impressions of Laramie and anything else they saw. Cowboys treated them to a great game. Hopefully Josh and the Bills will get them another win today
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

All the pictures posted on Twitter sure looks like they had a blast in Laramie. They like to drink too!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

PokeNer wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:26 am Not sure if you guys saw this, but I thought it was pretty cool. About a 100 Bills Mafia are coming to the Ball State game this weekend.
I saw like 2 dudes...and some other tools that wore their Josh Allen Bills jersey (UW Fans) to try to belong...to...the Bills fandom. Pretty cool of the 2 of them to travel and come out anyway.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

There was no where near the 100 people they anticipated. At their tailgate, they had maybe 15 that I saw. Decent people, not overly friendly and kind of kept to themselves. But they definitely supported the local bar economy. They did seem to really enjoy Laramie, the War, and the game though.