Oregon St. - PAC12 champs

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Some here said it was no big deal for a team full of freshman and sophomores playing its 3rd game together to beat a Pac12 team on its home floor
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I was one of those people. 99 out of 100 seasons, Oregon State is crap at basketball. Who knew this would be the other year.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Old-Bull wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:26 pm I was one of those people. 99 out of 100 seasons, Oregon State is crap at basketball. Who knew this would be the other year.
Bet BeaverPoke is happy. LOL

Where is he now?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Wyokie wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:38 pm
Old-Bull wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:26 pm I was one of those people. 99 out of 100 seasons, Oregon State is crap at basketball. Who knew this would be the other year.
Bet BeaverPoke is happy. LOL

Where is he now?
BeaverPoke had great predictions. He predicted that Wyoming would go to NY6 bowls under Dave Christensen and that Wyoming would go winless and become irrelevant under Craig Bohl.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I tried to watch some of the tournament and filled out a bracket (total coin toss cause didn't watch season). I think college bball is going to be a thing of the past for me personally; I used to really enjoy it too.

That said, I received a bracket update. Pac must have been pretty solid this year. They had a good tourney.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:49 am I tried to watch some of the tournament and filled out a bracket (total coin toss cause didn't watch season). I think college bball is going to be a thing of the past for me personally; I used to really enjoy it too.

That said, I received a bracket update. Pac must have been pretty solid this year. They had a good tourney.
Why did you not enjoy it? most games I've watched have been fun
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:26 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:49 am I tried to watch some of the tournament and filled out a bracket (total coin toss cause didn't watch season). I think college bball is going to be a thing of the past for me personally; I used to really enjoy it too.

Why did you not enjoy it? most games I've watched have been fun
Just a personal thing. I like sports about sports and I'll leave it at that. I'm not dogging anyone or anything; just my personal preference.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Beavers went to the sweet 16? Jesus
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

laxwyo wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:07 pm Beavers went to the sweet 16? Jesus
They are hot and on a roll.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:45 am
laxwyo wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:07 pm Beavers went to the sweet 16? Jesus
They are hot and on a roll.
Hot beavers on a roll? Hide your sons!
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

We're in the same boat. Although I'm guessing that with the woke nature of all college and pro athletics now, I'm going to be a casual observer, and maybe not even that. I'm surprised at how little I miss it.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand

Three PAC-12 teams in the Elite 8 round - UCLA, Oregon State, USC.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:53 pm Three PAC-12 teams in the Elite 8 round - UCLA, Oregon State, USC.
Plus three former Southwest Conference (remember that conference?) - Arkansas, Baylor, and Houston.

And one from a non-football conference - Gonzaga.

And of the 8 left in the field, only one is east of the mighty Mississippi River - Michigan.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:31 pm
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:53 pm Three PAC-12 teams in the Elite 8 round - UCLA, Oregon State, USC.
Plus three former Southwest Conference (remember that conference?) - Arkansas, Baylor, and Houston.

And of the 8 left in the field, only one is east of the mighty Mississippi River - Michigan.
Yes, sir! TCU, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, and Texas A&M were all members of the old SWC for a long time too.

Interesting that Gonzaga hasn't fielded a football team since 1941.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:19 pm
Wyokie wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:31 pm

Yes, sir! TCU, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, and Texas A&M were all members of the old SWC for a long time too.
You forgot Texas.
Interesting that Gonzaga hasn't fielded a football team since 1941.
Fun Fact...Gonzaga's football team gave Wyoming it's worst loss ever in the 100+ years of UW Cowboy Football. Gonzaga Bulldogs 77, Wyoming Cowboys 0 in 1922 in Spokane, Washington in our only meeting with them in football.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand

^Interesting! I never knew that. And that was our only contest against them, haha. Tough loss.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

bladerunnr wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:56 am

We're in the same boat. Although I'm guessing that with the woke nature of all college and pro athletics now, I'm going to be a casual observer, and maybe not even that. I'm surprised at how little I miss it.
If josh hadn’t gotten drafted, I probably wouldn’t even watch NFL. I don’t watch any college football games especially the “playoffs” and I didn’t watch a single baskbetall tournament game. I’d be surprised if MLB is a major player in the next 20 years. Probably drop below nhl at some point. I’m content enough watching Wyoming sports and ex Wyoming players in the pros.
W-Y, Until I Die!